The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
happydinosaur
x

I need Masters help. :p: So, it's decided: I'm going to apply. Howeeever, the tutors on my favourite translation course (at Birmingham, incidentally) are unsure if Italian is going to be running as one of the language options. There's two pathways on the course, and I know it's definitely running on one, but the modules on the other look nicer. So I emailed the contact and they told me to check back at Easter for availability of Italian. But isn't April a bit too late to be applying/possibly trying for funding (unlikely I'd get it, mind)/trying to find somewhere to live? Tempted to just apply earlier and let them say no; but then they might not let me know 'til relatively late and I'd have the problem of a house contract and potentially no income. Argh. Diiilemma.

In other news, boy is gone, mum is here and going home in the morning!
Original post by happydinosaur
My most recent ex boyfriend was a romance that began thanks to TSR :tongue: Met at a TSR meet up at uni during first year. Was an embarrassing how did you meet story!

:ditto:

There's no easy way to explain how you met since non-TSRers just don't understand :no:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Who are your OH's?

Ha ha apart from my family and the TSRians who know the true meet story, most people think we met on a night out in London with mutual friends, got on really well then a few weeks later he drunkenly told me he fancied me and then we met up for a date! Which is pretty much true, apart from it wasn't a night out in London, it was a meet in the day time, although we did have a nighttime meet in London with a lot of TSRians once we were dating!

It seems his username has been deleted since he hasn't logged on in about a year, but it was pap_ :h:

Nobody off tsr know how we met - and my close friends. For one thing, my parents would find out that I lied to them and I'd be in so much trouble, especially with the current battle with my sister talking to strangers on the internet, how hypocrytical would I be?. We were speaking for about a year on a chat thread and on msn before deciding to meet up half way, so I told my parents that I was going out for a night out in Birmingham with the people that we'd met at the Essex open day as sort of a pre-freshers get together. They would have never let me go all the way to Bham to meet a guy I met online, and this meant that they had seen these people they thought I was going with, yet had no contact details to check up :o:. I then snuck it in that he was there :awesome:. I'm not sure they remember the story any more.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jellybean91
:rofl: thats the sort of thing id do, but then id probably get annoyed at him all day for dream cheating on me even though it was my dream :teehee:

I had a dream that I cheated on the boy with his best friend because I lost a bet which meant I had to have sex with him whilst the boy watched. Then I asked the boy the forgive me and he wouldn't. It was the weirdest dream I've had in a long time, and I woke feeling so guilty I sent the boy a message :colondollar:
Original post by SpiritedAway
It seems his username has been deleted since he hasn't logged on in about a year, but it was pap_ :h:

Nobody off tsr know how we met - and my close friends. For one thing, my parents would find out that I lied to them and I'd be in so much trouble, especially with the current battle with my sister talking to strangers on the internet, how hypocrytical would I be?. We were speaking for about a year on a chat thread and on msn before deciding to meet up half way, so I told my parents that I was going out for a night out in Birmingham with the people that we'd met at the Essex open day as sort of a pre-freshers get together. They would have never let me go all the way to Bham to meet a guy I met online, and this meant that they had seen these people they thought I was going with, yet had no contact details to check up :o:. I then snuck it in that he was there :awesome:. I'm not sure they remember the story any more.

My parents freaked out that I even met people from the internet, but as I'd met Penguin in a group, and first date was by me and I showed them his fb and they have his mobile number they are okay with it, and I'm sure when they meet him they'll love him!
Bugggeerrrrrrr!!! My mums just text me saying shes booking flights for the one time I didn't want her to :grumble: itll be nice to see her but I think i'll be in people overload!!!

I've got people here from oct 22nd-27th, 28th-4thnov, 4th-7th and 10th-15th :/ any more for any more??? I dont know how I'm going to fit in time to see them all and entertain them and still go to enough of my 30+ hours a week lectures to maintain my erasmus grant eligibility :s-smilie:

Has she booked them yet or can you ask her to come on a diff date?
My parents freaked out that I even met people from the internet, but as I'd met Penguin in a group, and first date was by me and I showed them his fb and they have his mobile number they are okay with it, and I'm sure when they meet him they'll love him!

:afraid:

Hoping they like me :crossedf:
Has she booked them yet or can you ask her to come on a diff date?

I did ask her but she said the only other time she could do was december and i'd be getting ready to leave then
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:afraid:

Hoping they like me :crossedf:

They'll love you gorgeous :yep:

I think meeting people from the internet is a lot less taboo these days cos i've always been completely honest whenever anyone asks how we met and no one seems to judge me for it :smile:

Really?? My mum was really sceptical at first, but the first time I met him was the first time she met him too cos he came to my house to pick me up before we went out to get some dinner so she insisted on meeting him first :tongue: My whole fams met him now and they love him :biggrin: I'm sure yours will love PSQ when they get to meet him :smile:

Lol thats weird quoting you both in the same post :tongue:

See I'm sure people wouldn't judge, but then my IRL friends would probably track me down on TSR and that wouldn't be cool!

They will love him, they're meeting him in December at my Dad's 50th and brother's 21st birthday party :yep:

I did ask her but she said the only other time she could do was december and i'd be getting ready to leave then :grumble: so shes already booked it now and i'm freaking out about how to entertain 4 sets of people in a row and fit in such a huuuuge timetable :s-smilie:

Ahhh that's tricky. Erm send them off to do stuff and just make sure you go to lectures!

See I'm sure people wouldn't judge, but then my IRL friends would probably track me down on TSR and that wouldn't be cool!

They will love him, they're meeting him in December at my Dad's 50th and brother's 21st birthday party :yep:

Ahhh that's tricky. Erm send them off to do stuff and just make sure you go to lectures!

:rofl: they'll track you down :teehee: do they not know of your modding powers then? :tongue:

awww cool :smile: bet itll be nice to have him finally meet you fam :smile:

Yehh i'll do that with my mum, dad and sis and her clan but I'd always planned to take the week off when Nath comes out here so ill be stick to that plan :tongue:

:rofl: my mum just started moaning at me that she only gets to take 15kilos for 3 days, to a girl who was only allowed 20kilos for 3 months! No sympathy here :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
:rofl: they'll track you down :teehee: do they not know of your modding powers then? :tongue:

awww cool :smile: bet itll be nice to have him finally meet you fam :smile:

Yehh i'll do that with my mum, dad and sis and her clan but I'd always planned to take the week off when Nath comes out here so ill be stick to that plan :tongue:

:rofl: my mum just started bitching at me that she only gets to take 15kilos for 3 days, to a girl who was only allowed 20kilos for 3 months! No sympathy here :tongue:

They do not know indeed :ninjagirl: well a few do, some of my geeky friends do!

I'm really excited for them to meet, I reckon they'll get on really well!

When's he visiting?

Oh dear, I hate travelling light, can't manage it to save my life!
jelly: just make it clear to them from the start that you will have to attend your lectures.

I'm really bad with packing. My host family said that I should give some of my stuff to a second hand shop, and I could even get a little bit of money for it, but I couldn't part with anything and so I ended up filling 2 large boxes to send in the post before, plus 2x20kg of luggage, my handluggage and I still ended up paying 40€ for being over :erm:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeh i'm sure they will :biggrin: have you met his rents? Its always sooo nerve wrecking when you do the meet the parents part! I was so so nervous when i met Naths fam but theyre all lovely so I neednt have worried :smile:

He's coming the 28th oct - 4th nov :biggrin: cant wait!

Haha me too!!! It was soul destroying to come here!! Luckily I had the boy sat next to me going do you reeeeeeally need this? when I was 10k over, while i was sat there going :bawling: BUT I WANT ITTTTTT! :teehee: at least one of us has a level head on our shoulders :smile:

No haven't met them yet, probably will over the hols :yep:

Awww not long really till he visits :woo:

Shoes are the heavy things, yet I always end up taking like 8 pairs of shoes for a 7 day holiday :getmecoat:
No haven't met them yet, probably will over the hols :yep:

Awww not long really till he visits :woo:

Shoes are the heavy things, yet I always end up taking like 8 pairs of shoes for a 7 day holiday :getmecoat:

:rofl: you just described all my dilemmas! I had 8 pairs of shoes which I insisted were necessary and Nathan was sat there like fine then, you pay the £200 for 10K excess luggage .... when I was done being a child he helped me narrow it down :tongue:

Original post by SpiritedAway
jelly: just make it clear to them from the start that you will have to attend your lectures.

I'm really bad with packing. My host family said that I should give some of my stuff to a second hand shop, and I could even get a little bit of money for it, but I couldn't part with anything and so I ended up filling 2 large boxes to send in the post before, plus 2x20kg of luggage, my handluggage and I still ended up paying 40€ for being over :erm:.

Yehh I will, I'm just torn between wanting to see them all and making sure I attend enough lectures :s-smilie: but I know I have to go!

:teehee: I think i'm gonna be the same! I've bought a lot of stuff out here that I already really like and don't want to have to leave behind :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
:rofl: you just described all my dilemmas! I had 8 pairs of shoes which I insisted were necessary and Nathan was sat there like fine then, you pay the £200 for 10K excess luggage .... when I was done being a child he helped me narrow it down :tongue: God he really is a lot more patient with me than I give him credit for :love:

Yehh I will, I'm just torn between wanting to see them all and making sure I attend enough lectures :s-smilie: but I know I have to go!

:teehee: I think i'm gonna be the same! I've bought a lot of stuff out here that I already really like and don't want to have to leave behind :tongue:

But shoes are pretty :yep:

Give it to all your friends/family when they return in little doses unless they are over weight wise and then it'll all be back :yep:
But shoes are pretty :yep:

Give it to all your friends/family when they return in little doses unless they are over weight wise and then it'll all be back :yep:

:yep:

We agreed that i'd be able to buy pretty shoes out here but I'm less than impressed at the selection i've seen! All I want in my life right now is a Schuh or Office!!! But noooooooo :sad:

Haha I would but the last visitor leaves a month before I do... might give my dad my summer clothes to take back for me :smile:
:yep:

We agreed that i'd be able to buy pretty shoes out here but I'm less than impressed at the selection i've seen! All I want in my life right now is a Schuh or Office!!! But noooooooo :sad:

Haha I would but the last visitor leaves a month before I do... might give my dad my summer clothes to take back for me :smile:

Schuh :drool: I have such a shoe addiction, have so many pairs of heels which I never even wear :colondollar:

Oh that's a bit more tricky, well you'll work it out somehow!
Schuh :drool: I have such a shoe addiction, have so many pairs of heels which I never even wear :colondollar:

Oh that's a bit more tricky, well you'll work it out somehow!

Mee too :s-smilie: When I came back from uni last year, I had 2 suitcases of shoes :s-smilie: oops! I have no idea how I cut it down to 5 pairs to come here :frown:
Mee too :s-smilie: When I came back from uni last year, I had 2 suitcases of shoes :s-smilie: oops! I have no idea how I cut it down to 5 pairs to come here :frown:

But 5 pairs is nothing...I know I wear the same shoes most days, but what if I wanted to wear the one pair I didn't pack or something, would be terrible! I have 10 pairs with me at uni, and I struggle off that!
But 5 pairs is nothing...I know I wear the same shoes most days, but what if I wanted to wear the one pair I didn't pack or something, would be terrible! I have 10 pairs with me at uni, and I struggle off that!

Pahaha I swear you just read my mind!! I do that too! But what if i happen to want that pair! :frown: I usually have over 20 pairs with me at uni :s-smilie: I think 10 is very controlled! I think my car is usually half filled with shoes! I'll never know how the poor little thing manages to get my entire life to and from uni :s-smilie:

Latest