The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:hugs: Katie
Hey guys. Hope you all have a great NYE, I can't wait for drinks and dancing :dance:

Glad to hear things are better with your dad, Katie :hugs:

:hugs: to everyone else who needs them!

Everything's good with me, apart from dreading going back to school. Want these holidays to last forever! If I was going back to uni I'd be kinda looking forward to it coz I miss the girls there and we always have a laugh, but school and teaching yr6, ahhhhhhhh.

The boy made me such a lovely frame thing that he used as his card coz he wrote on the back. Absolutely in love with it, they weren't his first choice for pics and he just had to use ones he had laying about, but they're ones I like anyway. He kept trying to pester me to print him pictures off for a frame he wanted to put up, but he was lying and it was for that, and I just kept forgetting :colondollar:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3982
Pretty much managed to sort it out with the boy - thanks for all your support. :hugs: We kind of reached a truce, and I've said I'll tell him sooner in future when things are bothering me so that it doesn't have to be so dramatic, and he understands that I'm not happy with the situation in general - so we'll see what happens!

Seeing him for New Year, too, which I'm grateful for.

I was just flicking through my Facebook newsfeed, and yet another one of my friends is engaged, it's mental. Two of my friends have got married over the Christmas holidays, and I was talking to my mum about it and she was saying how she thinks it's quite normal. WE'RE TWENTY-ONE, FOR GOODNESS' SAKE. Maybe I'm just a bit immature, or something?! But it is seriously scary!
Original post by jeh_jeh
Pretty much managed to sort it out with the boy - thanks for all your support. :hugs: We kind of reached a truce, and I've said I'll tell him sooner in future when things are bothering me so that it doesn't have to be so dramatic, and he understands that I'm not happy with the situation in general - so we'll see what happens!

I was just flicking through my Facebook newsfeed, and yet another one of my friends is engaged, it's mental. Two of my friends have got married over the Christmas holidays, and I was talking to my mum about it and she was saying how she thinks it's quite normal. WE'RE TWENTY-ONE, FOR GOODNESS' SAKE. Maybe I'm just a bit immature, or something?! But it is seriously scary!

:hugs: Glad you got things worked out (kinda)

I know what you mean about the engagement thing - 21 just seems so young! One friend on fb is getting married in March (and has invites 400 people :eek:) and another one has just got engaged. Both of them graduated 1.5 years ago, so they're slightly older, but it still feels scarily young.

Bah, I hate London Midland trains. Got stuck somewhere between Euston and MK, so now I'm running 30 minutes late to meet the boy :frown:
Reply 3984
Original post by jeh_jeh

Glad I'm not the only one who finds it slightly scary, I keep getting asked if i think the boy and I will get married... I don't know, i didnt know what i was doing for new years till yesterday lol. Although the boy did mention he has a plan for the proposal which made me be both :biggrin: and :o: and we do talk about the future so maybe i shouldn't be quite so scared :p: but its scary and grown up!
I suppose 21 wasn't that young for our parents. My mum was pregnant with me at 21 and living with my dad etc, same with many more of my friend's parents.

I'm 23 now and even though it's only been a couple of years I do look back on being 20-21 and thinking that I probably wouldn't have really been sensible enough for all that then. I'd be ok with getting engaged at this age, but there'd be no imminent wedding as a student loan with no other income doesn't really allow for that. But yeah, weddings and babies can wait for a few years! The bf did say to me last night "when we have kids..." and I let it go and didn't say anything, but inside I was like :woo: haha.
Reply 3986
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];35558258']:hugs: Glad you got things worked out (kinda)

I know what you mean about the engagement thing - 21 just seems so young! One friend on fb is getting married in March (and has invites 400 people :eek:) and another one has just got engaged. Both of them graduated 1.5 years ago, so they're slightly older, but it still feels scarily young.

Bah, I hate London Midland trains. Got stuck somewhere between Euston and MK, so now I'm running 30 minutes late to meet the boy :frown:

Thanks!

I can think of at least five people my age who've got engaged this year - and at least three haven't graduated yet. Weird.

Edit: I was just stalking this girl's photos from the wedding on Facebook, and all I can think is that she looks so young, like weirdly young. She doesn't even have a particularly baby face, or anything. So odd.

Original post by 22KT22
Glad I'm not the only one who finds it slightly scary, I keep getting asked if i think the boy and I will get married... I don't know, i didnt know what i was doing for new years till yesterday lol. Although the boy did mention he has a plan for the proposal which made me be both :biggrin: and :o: and we do talk about the future so maybe i shouldn't be quite so scared :p: but its scary and grown up!

Oh, my mum asks me this ALL the time. I keep saying that it won't be until the boy has graduated at least, as his student loan plus one income isn't really enough, and she's always really surprised.

Original post by hannahdaisy
I suppose 21 wasn't that young for our parents. My mum was pregnant with me at 21 and living with my dad etc, same with many more of my friend's parents.

I'm 23 now and even though it's only been a couple of years I do look back on being 20-21 and thinking that I probably wouldn't have really been sensible enough for all that then. I'd be ok with getting engaged at this age, but there'd be no imminent wedding as a student loan with no other income doesn't really allow for that. But yeah, weddings and babies can wait for a few years! The bf did say to me last night "when we have kids..." and I let it go and didn't say anything, but inside I was like :woo: haha.

Nah, I mean, my mum was married at my age, too, but I just don't feel ready, and I feel quite freaked out that she thinks I should be. If I'd declared I was getting married three years ago, for example, I know for a fact she would have said that I was much too young. The change is just weird.

Haha, we talk about kids all the time, but never in a serious way. Plus, my disability means that I'd have to confine myself to a wheelchair for the entire pregnancy (yes, at twenty-one I still fall over a lot, so it will take some fairly major planning.
(edited 12 years ago)
My iphone was supposed to be delivered today and it's not here :frown:

Really hope it comes tomorrow as I have to be back in Leeds at work on Tuesday morning and I'm not sure my Blackberry will last much longer. Plus I really really really want to play with the iphone all weekend as most of my favourite games have been upgraded and won't run properly on the ipod touch anymore.
Original post by 22KT22

People ask me that, I am not even 21 yet (I am clinging onto this 1 last week of being 20 :p:) but the thing is, I don't want to ever get married, I just don't see the reason for it and then everyone looks at me like I have 2 heads. My mum had 3 kids by 21 and was married at 17, so it's not so unusual for our family. But it is scarily grown up.
The marriage age is just a generational thing. My mum and many people of her generation were married in thier early twenties or late teenage years after leaving school at 16. Now most of us end up at university and the age for marriage has gone up.

Sometime in your mid 20s now seems fairly normal, a lot of people I went to school with have got married in the last year or so, or are due to get married soon (age 23-26). But for my school year it has been 3 years since graduation from uni for most (so if its someone you were with whilst at uni then its been a while....) So its quite normal to be getting married now.
Reply 3990
Original post by SpiritedAway
People ask me that, I am not even 21 yet (I am clinging onto this 1 last week of being 20 :p:) but the thing is, I don't want to ever get married, I just don't see the reason for it and then everyone looks at me like I have 2 heads. My mum had 3 kids by 21 and was married at 17, so it's not so unusual for our family. But it is scarily grown up.

The things is i want to get married and i would love to get married to the boy but i just think its silly to plan ahead too much because we still have another year and a half of LD and a lot can happen not to mention even though we graduate next year doesn't mean we're going to be able to afford to get married.
no idea ..how this works.. keep me posted
Reply 3992
Original post by morpholoogy
no idea ..how this works.. keep me posted

No idea how what works?
My iphone arrived :biggrin:
Reply 3994
Jealous, Laura - I miss my iPhone so much! Which one have you got? 4S?

Going to the boy's today for New Year's Eve. With hindsight I definitely should have gone yesterday and begged his parents to let me stay over, because I'm really not getting any work done. :p:
Yay Laura :biggrin:
Reply 3996
Original post by jeh_jeh

Going to the boy's today for New Year's Eve. With hindsight I definitely should have gone yesterday and begged his parents to let me stay over, because I'm really not getting any work done. :p:

Hehe... the boy is meant to be doing work.... somehow i doubt its happening.
Original post by jeh_jeh

Got a 4. Decided the 4s wasn't worth the extra money just for a slightly better camera and the stupid voice thing.
Reply 3998
Original post by 22KT22
Hehe... the boy is meant to be doing work.... somehow i doubt its happening.

This is why I'm staying away, too. Half-tempted to call him because my curiosity wants to know if he's actually even working yet, but I know it'll just make me angry. :p:

Original post by happydinosaur
Got a 4. Decided the 4s wasn't worth the extra money just for a slightly better camera and the stupid voice thing.

True. My mum has the 4 and I love it. They're so expensive, though - I dunno, I just feel like I'm waiting for something big to happen before I get another one. Although I am quite tempted when my contract's up in August.

---

Decided that the boy and I are going to sit down at the beginning of Easter and plan when we're going to see each other in advance so that we don't get into the same situation as this holiday. Plus, he has five weeks off at Easter, not four, and an extra two weeks' study leave at the end so it should be fine. :smile:
Original post by jeh_jeh
This is why I'm staying away, too. Half-tempted to call him because my curiosity wants to know if he's actually even working yet, but I know it'll just make me angry. :p:

True. My mum has the 4 and I love it. They're so expensive, though - I dunno, I just feel like I'm waiting for something big to happen before I get another one. Although I am quite tempted when my contract's up in August.

---

Decided that the boy and I are going to sit down at the beginning of Easter and plan when we're going to see each other in advance so that we don't get into the same situation as this holiday. Plus, he has five weeks off at Easter, not four, and an extra two weeks' study leave at the end so it should be fine. :smile:

I hadn't really been considering it but my contract was up for renewal last week so I thought I'd go for it. Not paying much more a month for my contract than I was for my Blackberry and I didn't need to pay for the phone as I only need an 8gb (already have an ipod touch that I use every so often for music so don't need space for anything like that!)

Latest