The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot :biggrin: The job is in admin for a management company, similar to Serco. It's only three days a week to start with but it's got a great training programme and the wages are awesome. I actually rang the boss up earlier this afternoon and accepted the post so it's all mine :biggrin: Plus, it's a 10 minute bus ride to get there and then the building is right over the road from the bus station - score! I'm also happy that I'll be getting one of my days off to spend with Andy which is lovely (he apologised for being a dick last night which is good).
So, I'm not sure what to think... I mentioned the boys ex making snide comments on my photos... i reported her on facebook but then I blocked her because thats a requirement when you report someone on facebook (that or send them a message and I ain't about to get into that argument!). The boy told me to ignore her and that he was going to delete her from his facebook... I just unblocked her because I was sorting my facebook out and my intention was never to block her in the first place, but the boy is still friends with her... I'd not mind if she'd not just been a massive bitch AND he'd told me he was going to... So now I don't know if hes just forgotten or he's said it to keep me happy and because he knew i'd blocked her, he kept her as a friend... this wouldn't be the first time this month he's lied to me about something either so obviously my mind is jumping to the worst because i've always had trust issues in the past anyway... I don't know :sad: I know its only facebook and I don't want to think he's done it on purpose but after that massive lie he told a few weeks ago i'm having a really hard time trusting :sad:

Edit: i also dont want to bring this up with him while hes slap bang in the middle of exams as well :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jellybean91
So, I'm not sure what to think... I mentioned the boys ex making snide comments on my photos... i reported her on facebook but then I blocked her because thats a requirement when you report someone on facebook (that or send them a message and I ain't about to get into that argument!). The boy told me to ignore her and that he was going to delete her from his facebook... I just unblocked her because I was sorting my facebook out and my intention was never to block her in the first place, but the boy is still friends with her... I'd not mind if she'd not just been a massive bitch AND he'd told me he was going to... So now I don't know if hes just forgotten or he's said it to keep me happy and because he knew i'd blocked her, he kept her as a friend... this wouldn't be the first time this month he's lied to me about something either so obviously my mind is jumping to the worst because i've always had trust issues in the past anyway... I don't know :sad: I know its only facebook and I don't want to think he's done it on purpose but after that massive lie he told a few weeks ago i'm having a really hard time trusting :sad:

Edit: i also dont want to bring this up with him while hes slap bang in the middle of exams as well :frown:

Massive :hugs: Being a boy, it seems most likely that he just forgot. But since it's clearly upsetting you, I'm not sure that you should completely ignore it - you don't want to let things fester and then they come out in a later argument. How long is it until he finishes exams? You could try bringing it up in a joking way, and see if he gets the hint, without you guys having to have a full on discussion about it?
Congrats on the job Kat!

I am SO HAPPY its Friday! :smile: only one more week of work to go until I get to jet off to Greece with my boy :biggrin: I am missing him loads at the moment, its been 3 weeks since I've seen him properly :frown: but I get him for a whole week for the holiday - it will be the longest we've ever spent together :tongue:

xx
Reply 7724
:hugs:, Jelly! Sorry, I don't really know what to suggest.

---

You guys, you guys, the burger place was SO good. Look on their website and see if there's a branch near you. :love:
Original post by jeh_jeh
:hugs:, Jelly! Sorry, I don't really know what to suggest.

---

You guys, you guys, the burger place was SO good. Look on their website and see if there's a branch near you. :love:

Ooooo, there's one in Newcastle :biggrin: That might have to be my backup plan for when the boy comes up next weekend (the current plan is to have a picnic in the botanic gardens, but so far it doesn't look like the weather will be nice enough to do that :sad:)
Thanks guys... I think i'm going to leave it til at least after his exams and for now try and just convince myself he's forgotten! I don't even know why this is bugging me so much :sad: why is this bugging me so much??? urghh!! I wish he hadn't lied to me before because i'd not even be thinking about this now :sad:

Kat - sounds like an amazing job! :biggrin: congrats!

Bee - ooooh jealous!! Enjoy your holiday with the boy i'm sure youll have an amazing time! :biggrin:

Jess - ooooh might check that one out :biggrin:

Flo - I hope you get to do your picnic :biggrin:

HD - sounds like a good enough reason for a nice evening with wine and ice cream to me :wink:
Reply 7727
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37622357']Ooooo, there's one in Newcastle :biggrin: That might have to be my backup plan for when the boy comes up next weekend (the current plan is to have a picnic in the botanic gardens, but so far it doesn't look like the weather will be nice enough to do that :sad:)

Show them your student card, too, and you'll get a 15% discount! Seriously, me and the boy both had a burger each (with a flat mushroom as an extra), two MASSIVE portions of chips, a bowl of onion rings (honestly, for two of you just get one of each to share) and two Diet Cokes, and it came to £22 something with the discount. The burgers are really big and meaty... I'm SO full. We really, really should have just got one chips and one onion rings. Oh well, I've been really good the past few days, so I'm sure my metabolism needed the extra calories. :p:
Original post by jeh_jeh
Show them your student card, too, and you'll get a 15% discount! Seriously, me and the boy both had a burger each (with a flat mushroom as an extra), two MASSIVE portions of chips, a bowl of onion rings (honestly, for two of you just get one of each to share) and two Diet Cokes, and it came to £22 something with the discount. The burgers are really big and meaty... I'm SO full. We really, really should have just got one chips and one onion rings. Oh well, I've been really good the past few days, so I'm sure my metabolism needed the extra calories. :p:

:coma: Ahhh wow, that sounds seriously good.

I'm trying to be good at the moment too (although will be have
ing a massive calorie blowout after my exam - no one else will be done so I can't go out drinking, so I'm planning on Dominos (Two for Tuesday FTW), wine and Ben and Jerry's)
By the way, just a bit of trivial happy news from me which I want to share, I went to count something out in my head earlier and before I realised what I was doing I realised I was counting in spanish, in my head :woo: :gah: I'm so proud of myself that spanish has become that natural that i'm thinking in it :biggrin: :awesome:

I know I'm probably being dense, but what was the massive lie he told you a few weeks ago?

:hugs:
Original post by Stray_talk
I know I'm probably being dense, but what was the massive lie he told you a few weeks ago?

:hugs:

I mentioned it a few weeks ago when it happened but was just as vague then because its not really something I can talk about sorry. I mean I know why he lied in retrospect but it still doesnt make it any easier :frown:

I have literally served as a midnight snack for about 20 mosquitos last night!
I mentioned it a few weeks ago when it happened but was just as vague then because its not really something I can talk about sorry. I mean I know why he lied in retrospect but it still doesnt make it any easier :frown:

Ewwww, mozzies :yucky: Just don't do what I did when I was 10, and decide that scratching them with a hairbrush is a good idea - ended up on anti-biotics :pinch:

----

Morning ladies :smile: I may still be in bed :colondollar:

Going to get up in a bit, want to head into town and pick up some fruit from the market, plus a couple of bits for lunch, then it's time for an afternoon of revision.

Boy fell asleep without texting me last night, so I'm being petty and waiting for him to text me first this morning.
Morning everyone! (Just about :tongue:)

I know I've been a bit absent the last couple of days, but thank you so much for all the birthday wishes and exam good luck! It actually went pretty well, and the rest of my day was awesome :biggrin: So I've been spending my days trying to ignore the miserable weather and do as little as possible which has been lovely and relaxing but not very interesting.

I did go to an absolutely amazing May Ball last night though, which had me totally knackered by 1am and is entirely the reason I've only just dragged myself out of bed :colondollar:

:hugs: He honestly has probably just forgotten. When are his exams finished, if you're going to wait to mention it?
Got up at half 7 this morning and since then have packed up 5 boxes of stuff, dismantled a wardrobe, a shoe rack and cleared some small shelves - about to list these on eBay and then more packing eek. Trying to get as much packing done now as I can, even though I don't move until 14 June I'm in Greece for a week from next weekend and then after that don't have any days when I'm not at work until actual moving day!

xx
Watching that Secret Eaters programme on 4oD. I'm seeing some of my own eating habits in the programme but I hopefully don't think I'm that bad anymore, mainly as I'm now so money consious every food decision is linked to my bank balance!

No idea what to do with myself today.
Reply 7736
Original post by happydinosaur
Watching that Secret Eaters programme on 4oD. I'm seeing some of my own eating habits in the programme but I hopefully don't think I'm that bad anymore, mainly as I'm now so money consious every food decision is linked to my bank balance!

No idea what to do with myself today.

That woman is so me! As in, I eat pretty healthily in the week, and then as soon as I get the slightest bit drunk I go on a massive carb-binge! Sandwiches, crisps, pizza, bread - anything I can get my hands on! :sad: Bad alcohol.

---

Currently looking after a poorly boy. He's in bed with a migraine, and I am acting as his pharmacist because he can't read any of the medicine packets. :sad:
Original post by jeh_jeh
That woman is so me! As in, I eat pretty healthily in the week, and then as soon as I get the slightest bit drunk I go on a massive carb-binge! Sandwiches, crisps, pizza, bread - anything I can get my hands on! :sad: Bad alcohol.

---

Currently looking after a poorly boy. He's in bed with a migraine, and I am acting as his pharmacist because he can't read any of the medicine packets. :sad:

Me too but I definitely don't think I'm as bad as I was at uni (especially as I must have lost at least a stone possibly more since final year of Warwick, although last year was also bad diet wise)

Also they've just gone to a pub which is 5 minutes walk from my house! Love seeing places I know on tv.
Reply 7738
Original post by happydinosaur
Me too but I definitely don't think I'm as bad as I was at uni (especially as I must have lost at least a stone possibly more since final year of Warwick, although last year was also bad diet wise)

Also they've just gone to a pub which is 5 minutes walk from my house! Love seeing places I know on tv.

I suppose drinking opportunities are generally greater at undergraduate level, though, so it makes sense. I'm actually doing quite well in my healthy eating thing, too - no chocolate and crisps, or massive meals (I even managed to leave some burger and chips last night, which is a huge achievement for me!) - and there's SO many nice dresses on the Dorothy Perkins website. If they look as nice on as they do online, I might buy a couple (at £28 each, it's hardly gonna break the bank) since I'm so short of nice going out clothes, and I'm kind of past the whole shorts/tights/heels combo.

I remember when they filmed Question Time in the Kings' Hall in Stoke, I was far too excited! Especially because my cousin had his wedding reception there recently, too.

Ugh. Bloody football. I couldn't care less about whether Chelsea or Bayern Munich win tonight. I just want to watch The Voice, so I guess it'll be me, myself and iPlayer.

Boring Chaucer stories are boring.
Original post by jeh_jeh
I suppose drinking opportunities are generally greater at undergraduate level, though, so it makes sense. I'm actually doing quite well in my healthy eating thing, too - no chocolate and crisps, or massive meals (I even managed to leave some burger and chips last night, which is a huge achievement for me!) - and there's SO many nice dresses on the Dorothy Perkins website. If they look as nice on as they do online, I might buy a couple (at £28 each, it's hardly gonna break the bank) since I'm so short of nice going out clothes, and I'm kind of past the whole shorts/tights/heels combo.

I remember when they filmed Question Time in the Kings' Hall in Stoke, I was far too excited! Especially because my cousin had his wedding reception there recently, too.

Ugh. Bloody football. I couldn't care less about whether Chelsea or Bayern Munich win tonight. I just want to watch The Voice, so I guess it'll be me, myself and iPlayer.

Boring Chaucer stories are boring.

No chocolate or crisps is good, well done :smile:

I've definitely noticed the difference since leaving uni. Looking at photos on facebook from final year at Warwick I hardly recognise myself. Think I've lost 4inches from my waist.

Last year during my MA we'd go to the pub at least a few times a week for stress relief and whinging which no longer happens. Only drink on weekends now unless I go out after work and then it is only one drink. No more sitting in the library all day with coke/irn-bru/biscuits etc to keep me going through all my work. No more 24 hour shop at the end of the road. The regular lifestyle that comes with working full time is very good for helping me control my eating habits.

My main interest in tonight's football is the sweepstake we did at work so shall be keeping an eye on it.

Weekends are my problem really. Last weekend I was home and it was bad. Party with buffet and alcohol Friday night. Saturday night lots of wine, curry and biscuits. Sunday was football so I had 2 beers and a MacDonalds followed by wine with dinner in the evening. The weekend before was probably even worse!

Latest