The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I went through the same thing when he stayed at mine for a whole week after I got back from Canada. I was jet-lagged and irritable and hated him by the end of the week because of all the bickering and arguing and disagreements cos he was being deliberately irritating at times, but I think he's maybe caught on since and doesn't do certain things that he used to. Or else I've become more tolerant without noticing. I've gotten past that now and miss him more than ever before when he's gone. Luckily that's not for too much longer! I think maybe because I am so tired with work and so irritated by work that I need his support more and that's why it's more tough seeing him go at weekends. Will be good to have him close by when I need a cuddle to recover from the brutal atmosphere at work...
Original post by Stray_talk
I went through that not long ago! Posted about it on here.
I was so overwhelmed by the feelings I nearly ended it with him. So glad I didn't.

But yeh, it's natural. I love my own space too and so are going from spending 2 days together, to spending a whole week and a bit together I did go a little stir crazy. Poor guy didn't know what he'd done and I didn't know either. It sucks and I'm having a hard time at the moment dealing with the fact that I can't see him when I want to because I have to wait. And waiting it utter rubbish. I'm fed up of waiting.

Blah. I sort of ended up ranting with you there. Sorry :colondollar:

Haha, ranting's good! I'm feeling a little better about it all now. Went for a coffee with the boy earlier and vented it all to him, and he promised that if I need space he'll go to the gym by himself or go to his mum's (she lives in a village next to York). He even offered to help me fill in application forms as well, even though he hates them. He's a sweetie :smile: so yeah, I feel better. I have warned him about all the super fun library dates we'll be going on -_- but he has work to do himself and obviously wants me to do well in my final year of uni so he doesn't seem to mind at all.

Spoiler

Hellooo!!
Had a fab weekend with mark this weekend! :biggrin:

Can you guys give me some advice on a present I bough Mark..

Last night we had kind of a heart to heart about work and where we want to go in life. He told me its always been his ambition to write a book about Music, and just generally write about it, and his love for Music..

So, I got all soppy, and saw this book in Waterstone about Music. Its like a music diary and you write down various things in it like your fav lyrics, musicians etc.. its hard to describe.

Should I give it to him?
Original post by **CutiePie**

Hellooo!!
Had a fab weekend with mark this weekend! :biggrin:

Can you guys give me some advice on a present I bough Mark..

Last night we had kind of a heart to heart about work and where we want to go in life. He told me its always been his ambition to write a book about Music, and just generally write about it, and his love for Music..

So, I got all soppy, and saw this book in Waterstone about Music. Its like a music diary and you write down various things in it like your fav lyrics, musicians etc.. its hard to describe.

Should I give it to him?

Yes :biggrin:
Definitely :yep:
I just feel a bit like I'm pushing him into it...and like a sap. hehe :colondollar:

I just feel a bit like I'm pushing him into it...and like a sap. hehe :colondollar:

I hardly call it pushing him into it :tongue:
Think of it as, you're providing him with a medium should he wish to ever follow his desire to write a book. That, and that you're an excellent girlfriend :biggrin:
That's a really cute idea!

Speaking of presents, I was thinking of getting the boy a watch for his 21st until earlier when he was like "I'm probably asking my dad for a watch for my birthday" :sigh: the stupid EEJIT. I do have until December but I want the present to be really good and he's going to be staying with me until late November so I need to be thinking about it now, really >.<
Boys do these things rainbow, probably on purpose too :yep:. Is there any way of speaking to his dad and telling him you've got him a watch (a small white lie :p:).
I was going to suggest talking to his dad too, rainbow :smile:
I could do, yeah. Tbh, I've barely thought about it at all. I just know I want to get him something special that will last and a watch is the first thing that sprung to my mind :teehee: he also wants a nice suit since he's got a weird obsession with suits but they're expensiveeeee. If I really can't think of anything else then I could always conspire with his parents about it and make sure they don't buy him the same thing as I do, but I'll see. I'm sure I'll come up with other ideas.

I thought my housemates would be a bit funny about him staying with us for a month or so but I'm speaking to them all now and they don't seem to mind at all :woo: yay!
I think you should talk to his dad. But I get what you mean about wanting it to be something you have thought about first.

Our anniversary is in November and I don't know what we're doing. Last year we agreed to do a trip and only do 5 pound presents which was quite nice. But I also really love presents and would love to get something nice somehow :redface: But I have no idea what I would get the boy.

Any ideas?
Urgh, are all boys massive procrastinators??? Marc may be moving down here on Thursday and he has yet to start packing?! He's not doing anything important besides sitting on the xbox and sleeping in, so why doesn't he just get it done??? Lazy lazy lazy!!!
Original post by Danielle89
Urgh, are all boys massive procrastinators??? Marc may be moving down here on Thursday and he has yet to start packing?! He's not doing anything important besides sitting on the xbox and sleeping in, so why doesn't he just get it done??? Lazy lazy lazy!!!

Sexism works both ways :fyi:

But yeah.. us guys procrastinate far too much :lazy:
Haha, sorry! I've turned into an anti-procrastinator, or else I'm just fed up of him whingeing that he's bored sitting about doing nothing when he could be preparing for the move!
No need to apologise :noway:

Surely there are ways for you to motivate him to prepare for the move? :colone:
Original post by Stray_talk
I hardly call it pushing him into it :tongue:
Think of it as, you're providing him with a medium should he wish to ever follow his desire to write a book. That, and that you're an excellent girlfriend :biggrin:

Original post by rainbow drops
That's a really cute idea!

Speaking of presents, I was thinking of getting the boy a watch for his 21st until earlier when he was like "I'm probably asking my dad for a watch for my birthday" :sigh: the stupid EEJIT. I do have until December but I want the present to be really good and he's going to be staying with me until late November so I need to be thinking about it now, really >.<

Thanks guys, Okay I'll do it. I'm going to add a little note telling him to follow his dreams and leave it at that. Is it wrong im so excited for his Birthday?! lol.

Definitely talk to his dad, he could be hinting.

In defence of Marc sometimes its easier to just do all your packing the night before or whatever. That's what I did as I don't like packing things and then realising I want to use them or having piles of boxes/suitcases everywhere. So I moved my stuff on Sunday and packed on Sunday.

But Thursday's daaaays away :tongue: I'm terrible at packing or organising stuff, it's usually Mark that does all that stuff

Had my first meeting with my research project supervisor this morning. Bit scary. I get to do a 9000(?) word essay on computer-based learning =/ oh fun.
Haha, I think I've just been programmed to do all my packing and organising ASAP cos at work there's no room for leaving things to last minute. I'm sure he'll get it all done on time but his lack of enthusiasm about getting ready to do it makes me worry that he's nervous and regretting the decision to move (which is rubbish, I know this is what he wants!)
I only packed the day before when I came down here,I guess he knows how long it will take him, so let him do it in his own time :smile:.

Had my first day back today and my head still hurts. Had my first ever Italian class and I have already fall in love with it :biggrin:.

Latest