The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh goddd, spam gibberish is being sent from my hotmail account to my contacts :frown: does anyone know how I can stop it? I've no idea how to stop it, or how spammers even got hold of my email address. How annoying.

On the plus side, the boy and I just made hazelnut and praline muffins and they're sooooooo goood :sexface: there's Nutella in the batter and then an extra spoon of Nutella in the middle, with chopped nuts and sugar on top. Yum yum yum.
Original post by rainbow drops
Oh goddd, spam gibberish is being sent from my hotmail account to my contacts :frown: does anyone know how I can stop it? I've no idea how to stop it, or how spammers even got hold of my email address. How annoying.

On the plus side, the boy and I just made hazelnut and praline muffins and they're sooooooo goood :sexface: there's Nutella in the batter and then an extra spoon of Nutella in the middle, with chopped nuts and sugar on top. Yum yum yum.

That happened to me...a day or two later hotmail told me they thought spammers had hacked into my account and to change my password, which I did...hasn't happened since :yep:

try changing your password to something with a mix of upper case and lower case letters with numbers and/or symbols. I had this a few times. At first the changing password worked, but in the end I had to delete all my contacts and keep people's email addresses elsewhere :frown:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
That happened to me...a day or two later hotmail told me they thought spammers had hacked into my account and to change my password, which I did...hasn't happened since :yep:

I've just changed my password, so hopefully that'll stop it, thanks :smile:
Original post by SpiritedAway
try changing your password to something with a mix of upper case and lower case letters with numbers and/or symbols. I had this a few times. At first the changing password worked, but in the end I had to delete all my contacts and keep people's email addresses elsewhere :frown:

Ooh, didn't think of this. It's only emailing my contacts and no one else so I could always just delete my contacts from my account :beard: I don't really use my hotmail account for anything except MSN, and I know the email addresses of people I message often off by heart. I could do with making a new MSN account anyway, since I get so much spam sent to me from shopping sites and my instant messenger is full of people I don't even speak to.

Thanks guys :smile:
I had a bit of a weird last few days. My grandma went to hospital yesterday with bleeding in her brain and she is all confused today, so we don't know what's going to happen. She is 90 and still lives alone right now, and definitely never wants to go into a care home. I wish I could be home to support my mum, who is basically handling all of this by herself right now :frown:

And tonight I woke up by the boy and he was throwing up all night. So I actually missed my lecture today at noon as I was not really getting much sleep all night.
And we have spent most of today in bed, the boy still feels really weak and with me being all tired not much work has been done.
Just deleted all of my contacts from my main hotmail account and then made a new email address especially for MSN, so if any of you use that (it's old school, I know :teehee:) PM me and I'll give you my new addy if you want.

Massive :hugs: Sabrina, sounds like you've got a lot to deal with right now. I really hope your grandma's condition improves xx
Aw, Marc's been at his new job one week and he's already at a friend's house tonight :smile:

Although I'm currently trying to smother worries of "hope he's not getting high....". I thought weed was supposed to cause paranoia in the smoker, not the girlfriend of a smoker!!!

Hopefully he won't be too late back, liking my evening visits.
Tesco shop has arrived. Minus £10 worth of food. Not impressed >[ They're making us reorder, then will refund and send us vouchers as compensation...
Original post by Sephrenia
Tesco shop has arrived. Minus £10 worth of food. Not impressed >[ They're making us reorder, then will refund and send us vouchers as compensation...

:jumphug: I'd be really annoyed. At least when I go to do a shop for myself and forget something I only have myself to blame :yep:
Original post by Sephrenia

That really sucks :frown: I don't do Tesco online orders any more, because every time I have something's gone wrong. It's always late, they usually don't have one or more things I asked for so they replace them with something they think is similar enough, things have been missing, etc. It's really poor.
Just deleted all of my contacts from my main hotmail account and then made a new email address especially for MSN, so if any of you use that (it's old school, I know :teehee:) PM me and I'll give you my new addy if you want.

Massive :hugs: Sabrina, sounds like you've got a lot to deal with right now. I really hope your grandma's condition improves xx

Thank you, it feels like a lot even though I can't really do anything to help (which I think makes it even worse somehow).

I always order with ASDA and their service is amazing. I usually order through mysupermarket and so far they have always been cheapest too
Sorry my internet died just as i tried to post massive :hugs: for you sabrina I hope she gets better soon
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jellybean91
thanks hun. currently sat here with my headphones in so I don't have to listen to her eat. Nothing grates on me more than slurping and smacking your lips while you eat and I have to listen to it every day! Sooooo fed up.... someone please take me away from this place? :puppyeyes:

I'm positive it's because you put up with her crap. Say something and she might get the message! :tongue:

Normally Tesco have been fine. I've never had huge problems with any people when shopping online. I'm pissed off cos it turned up 15 minutes late, but I am being refunded for the replacement stuff they missed, and I've already got £17 worth of vouchers for my next food shop! I tried to sign up to mysupermarket, but I couldn't -it kept freezing =( Tesco worked out cheapest as well!
Half term! Half term! Half term! Half term! Half term! Half term! Half term! Half term! Half term! Half term!

I said something earlier about the hair I found in our sink earlier from when shed shaved :yucky: i'm all for trying to keep the peace but that, I will not put up with!

She sounds so rank :s-smilie:
One of those people who has no understand of how she comes across to others.
Hmmm... knew it. "In the pub just now and heading up to A's for a wee smoke". I really hope he doesn't get into buying it regularly again. Apart from anything else it'll end up with him spending £45/week on it again which he can't afford to do if he's meant to be paying off his debt and then saving for things like a holiday in February and eventually a deposit for a house together (long way off but he needs to start soon...).

I feel like a kill-joy if I say anything, but if it starts again I'm more confident in the relationship and will have to say something.
Reply 1798
Urghhh im so bored of food :sad: I was just saying to the boy i've lost any passion/interest in food I ever had. This is easily the 2nd or 3rd night in a row i'm not eating dinner. I'm constantly skipping meals just so I don't have to eat here even if i'm hungry. The food here is going to get me into a really bad cycle because i've had problems with food before :sad: It's not something I want to have again but I just cant get enthusiastic about the same crappy pasta dish every night :sad:

If it's really getting that bad, maybe you should go and try some of the other mense for a bit of variation. I know they're a trek, but you can't starve yourself. :frown: :hugs:
Sorry my internet died just as i tried to post massive :hugs: for you sabrina :hugs: I hope she gets better soon :hugs: xxx

Thank you, I hope so too. She seemed ok yesterday but has been becoming more and more confused even though the bleeding has apparently stopped.

Please try and do eat. Can you buy some stuff that doesn't have to go into the fridge and keep them in your room? JAm, bread, nutella, veggies and fruit? I know it's not the healthiest stuff but better than days and days without dinner. Is the food in your halls that bad?

Danielle, I have no advise, sorry. I hope you guys manage to have a chat about it though! Why does he smoke so much?

Latest