The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
playstation emulator!

omg!

that is what i think of it
Reply 21
ps1 emulator will be very cool.
but how wil they charge for the games and how much will they be??
the gps and camera are gona be a must have, lets hope they arnt not too expensive!

wow the psp scene just got even better :biggrin:

Sumit
Reply 22
wow the psp scene just got even better

with a camera, final fantasy 7, resident evil, crash bash, worms (psp) and tomb raider legend (psp) AND GT4 mobile (psp) will i ever have a life again?

oh and the psp armored core "the updated version" is either out or coming out soon isnt it?

and fricking crisis core! man that game is gunna be pwnage
Reply 23
Heh, I don't know how much they'll charge. But I had an annoying thought.

If FFVII and the ilk were spread across 3 CDs, so about 2GB of data - how will they be compressed to fit onto a common memory stick? Remove the pre-rendered scenes, or make them rendered live? They'll be selling me the game again, but FF on PSP will give me a definitive reason to finally buy the damn thing after more than a year of deliberation :wink:
i've got a psp (firmware 2.5) but was wondering how come the games catergory has an icon that says games on memory stick...is it possible to put a psp game onto the meory stick?????????:confused:
Choad
with a camera, final fantasy 7, resident evil, crash bash, worms (psp) and tomb raider legend (psp) AND GT4 mobile (psp) will i ever have a life again?

oh and the psp armored core "the updated version" is either out or coming out soon isnt it?

and fricking crisis core! man that game is gunna be pwnage

Consider at least one copy sold! :wink:
Reply 26
Have a spare 2GB MS? :P
estel
Have a spare 2GB MS? :P

Not yet, but I should be getting one in June.
Reply 28
Bit extorionate though, if you need it just for one game.
That's a very expensive copy of FFVII.
estel
Bit extorionate though, if you need it just for one game.
That's a very expensive copy of FFVII.

Nah, I've got a Sony digital camera and phone as well, plus my best friend lives in Hong Kong, so can get me one pretty cheap from over there, so it shouldn't cost me too much, plus it's an investment as I'll be using it in so many different things, I think it'll work out as being good value for money.
Reply 30
My point is, that you may have to fill it ALL up, if they distribute FF7 as is to a memory stick. Which renders it useless for other stuff.
Im pretty sure they will use some sort of compression technology. Plus the resolution will not have to be as high surely? I bet it wouldnt be much more than 500mb when it comes to it.
estel
My point is, that you may have to fill it ALL up, if they distribute FF7 as is to a memory stick. Which renders it useless for other stuff.

Well, I'm pretty sure that they won't release it as it is. Also, I'd probably be able to save a copy of it onto my computer, so I can upload the game to my MS when I want to play it. Anyhows, we'll have to wait and see what the situation is when it comes out, so perhaps I'll delay my purchase of a new MS until then.
Reply 33
Assuming that FF is one of the games that they release for PSP? :P

I hope so :smile:
They would be foolish not to!
Reply 35
estel
Assuming that FF is one of the games that they release for PSP? :P

I hope so :smile:

they would be silly not to!

and i am waiting wor an 8 gig ms

8 is all i need rly. ever.
Choad

8 is all i need rly. ever.

I remember saying that about the MASSIVE 2MB upgrade i bought for my Amiga 600! :biggrin:
Reply 37
za4r
i've got a psp (firmware 2.5) but was wondering how come the games catergory has an icon that says games on memory stick...is it possible to put a psp game onto the meory stick?????????:confused:

firmware 2.5 doesnt allow this. altho if u hav 2.0 (like me) then u can downgrade to 1.5 and play ISO (game images) from the memory stik, altho i must admit i did play a couple thru da mem stik on my old psp which i eventually upgraded to 2.6 and now i have a fresh one (2.0) tat hasnt ben downgraded ever :smile:, it is illegal if u dont own the game that is. I'm afraid no ISOs for 2.0+.
Reply 38
ya know this is the psp thread right? and there is a whopping post at the beggining detailing alot of stuff....

sony did *not* include the memory stick game option for pirating whores.
then whats it for?????????

Latest