The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Wow. Bought Miami Vice yesterday morning from eBay and it arrived today :biggrin: Not opening it until Friday though.

Tekken is the US version but its in the UK, should be here Monday hopefully. This is where i got it ..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280014438344&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Not a bad price at all :cool:
Reply 141
Huh, why won't you open before friday?
Reply 142
Because if i open it now i might get bored of it in the next few days (or complete it) and then i wont have anything to do at the airport / on the plane :frown:
Reply 144

The second one is most likely a fake one but it works (almost) as good as the real ones. I had a 2gb one and it was brownish like tat and it was fake. The only problems i had with it was it sometimes crashed (the mem stick) so i had to format it and put everything bak on. So if you do get it, bak up ur stuff every so often.
Reply 145
Ah sod it then, dont really want to end up with a fake one. They go well cheaper than amazon etc though!
Reply 146
guys ive just bought the 1.5 version of PSP, but ive heard there are higher versions. Should i bother upgrading and what features will i get in the new versions? Also is it true you can veiw DVDs on the PSP?
Reply 147
alkaeda
guys ive just bought the 1.5 version of PSP, but ive heard there are higher versions. Should i bother upgrading and what features will i get in the new versions? Also is it true you can veiw DVDs on the PSP?

You can indirectly play dvds on the psp. When I say indirectly i mean you can play the contents but obviously not the dvds. You have to download software to store the dvd to your computer first such as dvd decryptor and then you not a program like psp video 9 to convert the .VBO files. You then transfer the movie file to your psp mem stik (recommended atleast 1gb). If you have 1.5 you can play emulators and home made software. If you won't be doing so then it's best to upgrade as the newest firmware gives u internet browser plus playable demos downloadable through sony. It all depends if your into emulators etc.
Reply 148
alkaeda

stay at 1.5 my friend. at least untill 3.0 is released (with the psx emulator)

as it stands, you can run every game you like through a program called "dev hook" and you can also run homebrew and stuff on a 1.5

it used to be that you had to upgrade to play the latest games, but now nearly all the latest games have been cracked i think. however when the psx emulator is released, it might be worth re evaluating whats more important. until then tho, stay 1.5
Reply 149
Choad
The other way people connect their psp's is to just buy a network adaptor for your PC. These cost £5 - £10, and you can get USB ones for simple installation. This method is not as good because it requires some technical skill to get the networking set up in windows, and it also means your PC must be turned on before you can get connected. [i might add how to do this at a later date]

Any chance of some help on doing this please?
Reply 150
My brother thinks Tekken is a brilliant game. I havent played it much (just two 'matches' against him and it was like any other Tekken to me) but the graphics are very good. Apparently you win mmoney for beating people and then you can customise your player!
Reply 151
Nessyfencer
Any chance of some help on doing this please?

http://texas.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5649

that guide seems to be about right. might not be exactly your setup, but it does have a wired connection and seperate wireless connection on the same machine which is what you will have.
Reply 152
oooh i got xlink kai to work, but theres no one playing wipeout :frown:
Reply 153
Choad
http://texas.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5649

that guide seems to be about right. might not be exactly your setup, but it does have a wired connection and seperate wireless connection on the same machine which is what you will have.

Thanks, will give that a go later.
Reply 154
ive got my psp 1.5 still in the box.. having got the motivation to set it all up right now. If Final Fantasy came out on the PSP however.. then its a different story :smile: ANy1 know if it will?
Reply 155
alkaeda
ive got my psp 1.5 still in the box.. having got the motivation to set it all up right now. If Final Fantasy came out on the PSP however.. then its a different story :smile: ANy1 know if it will?

yep, release date current scheduled for dec. 31 but it'll probably be delayed again

****ing gt4 mobile is the biggest disapointment imo. should be called "gt4-ever"
Reply 156
Choad
stay at 1.5 my friend. at least untill 3.0 is released (with the psx emulator)

as it stands, you can run every game you like through a program called "dev hook" and you can also run homebrew and stuff on a 1.5

it used to be that you had to upgrade to play the latest games, but now nearly all the latest games have been cracked i think. however when the psx emulator is released, it might be worth re evaluating whats more important. until then tho, stay 1.5

Wouldn't worry mate. when 2.5 was released we all thought it would be ages until we'd be running homebrew on it... now we have devhook emulating the dam thing lol. so give it a little while after 3.0 and I bet you any money there'll be exploits soon enough.
Reply 157
guys i have a problem, my 128mb memory card that came with the psp wont store ANY psp game! Its not big enough.. i also have a 512mb one for my phone which fits into PSP but its also not big enough for even 1 PSP game (theyre like 700mb+ right?). What can i do? (apart from buying UMDs)
Reply 158
alkaeda
guys i have a problem, my 128mb memory card that came with the psp wont store ANY psp game! Its not big enough.. i also have a 512mb one for my phone which fits into PSP but its also not big enough for even 1 PSP game (theyre like 700mb+ right?). What can i do? (apart from buying UMDs)

There are files that replace the real files for the game and act as "dummies" but theyre a lot smaller. An example is I had NFS:u:R and it took 600mb but after i used the "dummy" files it shrank to just 300 odd. Why don't you just fork out £50-70 for a decent 4gb, that's what i'm doin :wink:. They go REAL cheap on ebay.

Latest