The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Besakt

I saw somebody dressed like this walking out of the gym the other day.

Lol doing what in the gym exactly, checking out the guys smh
People who say, "Well Jel" and "Reem" and watch TOWIE.
Chinos, tweed jackets, boat shoes, jumpers with the argyle pattern on... That's the sh*t my Grandad used to wear. Why the f*ck would anyone want to dress like an old bloke? And 'vintage' cartoons being printed on everything. Why? And old NME magazine covers are appearing on t-shirts. Wtf is that about? And I've seen people wearing the Rolling Stones/Guns N Roses/Led Zep t-shirts who clearly have never listened to them. I've noticed a lot of this sh*te is coming from Primark. And these gilet things... what the f*cking hell are they supposed to be? Arg.
Reply 383
Original post by Hester_23
Chinos, c***s who insist walking round uni with gilets on. Bellends

What's wrong with gilets?

I just hate the personality trend of people who copy other people in the latest fashions and walk around thinking that they're all unique and special because they're wearing what thousands, if not millions of other people are wearing. It's like 'yeah, mate you're wearing some sunglasses in winter and you're on your skateboard, but so are 10 people right behind you so skate on, person who will never be like Tony Hawk, or probably Tony Cascarino on a board for that matter'.

I'm not exactly hating on the trends themselves, i mean i've seen many sexy girls who wear jeggings or whatever and it's really sexy but it's just the apparent superiority complexes it gives a lot of people which grates on me.
Reply 384
Original post by iGrantly96
People who say, "Well Jel" and "Reem" and watch TOWIE.

Anyone who trys to imitate TOWIE should be stabbed repeatedly.
But hey that's just my opinion :biggrin:

"Don't be jel, be Reem" STFU! That doesn't make any sense.
Teenage girls with a camera, taking pictures of lawn chairs, and thinking they're the next Annie Leibovitz.
denim shorts... the ones where a females cheeks are hanging out! Why not just go out in your underwear?!!?
Original post by coffeepirate
Teenage girls with a camera, taking pictures of lawn chairs, and thinking they're the next Annie Leibovitz.

"No, you're not a photographer, you're a teenager with a Nikon". A great Facebook group!
Social Networking.
OK im a guy and I wear polo and shirts with my top button done up. have done for years before it became 'coo' or whatever. doesn't stop me doing it. why is it such a bad look?

and whats wrong with toms? they look reasonably smart, no i dont own a pair but i regularly wear plain espadrilles?

am i really a total prick because i wear these clothes? :s-smilie:

can someone even explain what the general consensus of people who wear these clothes are suppose to act like...
Original post by coffeepirate

Wow you took a pic of your eye up close, never seen that before! Oh and you maxed the contrast, how arty!
Reply 391
Original post by Likely Lad
OK im a guy and I wear polo and shirts with my top button done up. have done for years before it became 'coo' or whatever. doesn't stop me doing it. why is it such a bad look?

and whats wrong with toms? they look reasonably smart, no i dont own a pair but i regularly wear plain espadrilles?

am i really a total prick because i wear these clothes? :s-smilie:

can someone even explain what the general consensus of people who wear these clothes are suppose to act like...

I'd advise not to wear them with the top button done up. You look a lot better with them half done up or not at all most of the time.
Original post by Besakt
Why is it better than walking in jeans day in day out?

Bit of variety! I'd get bored if all I wore to college was jeans.
Reply 393
Original post by leedsmad94
Bit of variety! I'd get bored if all I wore to college was jeans.

So have, I haven't got bored yet. The only time I wear something else is if I'm going to sleep or the gym. Then again I really haven't got an exciting collections of clothes. I only wear hoodies, t-shirts, jeans, jumpers, joggers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 394
Dubstep. It can be really good, but the amount of terrible dubstep I hear is extraordinary, disproportionately larger than the bad artists in other music genres.
Reply 395
Original post by ZAYZAY_27
Anyone who trys to imitate TOWIE should be stabbed repeatedly.
But hey that's just my opinion :biggrin:

"Don't be jel, be Reem" STFU! That doesn't make any sense.

What's TOWIE? What does reem and jel mean? Does jel mean jealous?
People constantly taking hipster Instagram photos of cups of coffee and putting them on Tumblr. No one gives a **** about your Starbucks.
Uggs - I know this has been said a million times in this thread, but i saw the WORST uggs imaginable yesterday. They were fake uggs from primark... but not only that, they were bright orange, lime green, purple.... pure terror *shudders*
On girls:
ankle boots - I thought long legs were desirble why cut them off and make them look shorter? The lower the heel and higher on the ankle the worse (Can work on tall girls though)
Crop tops - In winter?! Do you not get cold?!
Leggings with tops that don't cover the crotch... put away your camel toe please? :smile:
Winter coats with 3/4 length sleeves - Again does no-one get cold?!
Leapord print...worn with more leapord print...with lashing of more leapord print ... less is more stick to one item/ a couple of accessories as you don't want to start looking like an endangered species unless you're going for fancy dress? This is just my opinion no offence to anyone!
Original post by milan5baros
All these criticisms, but what do YOU people actually where fashion gurus of TSR?

Department store clothing from the bargain aisle, probably.

Latest