The Student Room Group

Is a gold in UKMT SMC actually at all impressive to a top Uni?

In year 12 at the moment, just completed the SMC yesterday and am fairly certain I will get either a gold or at worst a silver, but I'm pretty sure I didn't get into the first round of the Olympiad unfortunately. I want to study computer science at Oxford, so just wanted to know whether they would consider it at all of any interest to them, especially considering I want to study computer science not maths (although I suppose it is important to indicate a good mathematical ability for computer science).
I don't think Oxbridge will know if you got gold or BMO1/2 unless you mention it in your PS.
Reply 2
Original post by FairAboutUK
I don't think Oxbridge will know if you got gold or BMO1/2 unless you mention it in your PS.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post. My question is more to do with whether a gold in the smc is actually even an achievement worth putting on the ps in the first place.
Original post by KWad
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post. My question is more to do with whether a gold in the smc is actually even an achievement worth putting on the ps in the first place.

My lad didn't mention his two times SMC full marks in the PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending