The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Time to Rate, the Last Thing Ye Ate!

Scroll to see replies

Cheese baguette - bland, usual school/college food really....2/10
mighty fine chicken tikki flat bread - got to rate 10/10
Reply 382
Spied these in Poundstretcher. The name alone made me want to buy them.

To be honest, they're nowhere near as exciting as I had initally hoped. They're okay, it's just that they're basically just... well, a big bag of the one flavoured skittle.

Kinda underwhelming but not bad in any way. Slap bang in the middle at a rating of:

5/10.
For lunch I pan-fried a venison loin..for literally like 5/7 minutes. It was rare.
Rare is the only way I'll have it again.

8/10 for tasty venison.
Minus 2 for lacking that fat flavour.
Reply 384
Okay, for lunch I had:

1) Delphi brand Tabouleh salad

and

2) Pearl's Chocolate Chip cookie

The Tabouleh was nice but had a slightly strange after taste- maybe it was because it was too salty? Or maybe it had too much olive oil in it? Had quite a good strong taste of herbs but I didn't have a strong urge to finish the (small) pot, which is quite unusual for me. It did come with its own little plastic fork though, which is a plus for me. I enjoy small cutlery.

The cookie was a bit weird too, it was really soft (as advertised on the packet) but this gave it an unbaked cake mix kind of taste/feel. And there was a bit of a lack of chocolate chips.

Overall I give it a 6 (would have been a 5 but I added one for the plastic fork) out of 10.
Reply 385
Late night snack - my Nephew's four McNuggets. He left them from his Happy Meal, untouched; I responded by snaffling them.

Guiltily, I found them to taste awesome despite having *that* generic McDonalds smell and taste (it must be the oil they use or something, because no matter what you get from there, EVERYTHING smells of it. You know like when you're on the bus and just KNOW someone has McDonalds? Like, not "food" - specifically, MCDONALDS food?) they were rather good and I even got one shaped like a little boot.

They were rather tasty but quite salty and fatty-tasting, but hell, if I wanted a bit of lettuce, I'd have eaten one I suppose. They can hardly be called filling either.

7/10 for a very decent little munch.
Reply 386
New Covent Garden Spicy Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato.

Taste is about...5/10 (needed to add black pepper, dash of enconna and some lemon juice)

Nutrition wise...8/10 (love the fact that its rather filling, with about 3.6g fat and 8.1g of 'sugars' for half a carton)

Totalling at 8/10 overall...though much less for flavour if I didn't add all the extras.
Reply 387
A personal portion (Variety pack) box of Frosties (25g) - eaten dry.

I've taken to eating little boxes of cereal dry as a snack, it's super-convenient, better for you than crisps, and they last for a freaking AGE.

Frosties, as everyone knows, are epic, and they totally kicked my sugar craving's toosh and were the perfectly portioned grazey snack.

However as we also know, Frosties have a habit of lodging into your molars so you're left pick-pick-picking after finishing, resulting in some grimacing and some rather unattractive gum-tonguage.*

For this reason, I give my snack a lovely great rate: 7/10.

*lol
Reply 388
Original post by TotoMimo
A personal portion (Variety pack) box of Frosties (25g) - eaten dry.

I've taken to eating little boxes of cereal dry as a snack, it's super-convenient, better for you than crisps, and they last for a freaking AGE.

Frosties, as everyone knows, are epic, and they totally kicked my sugar craving's toosh and were the perfectly portioned grazey snack.

However as we also know, Frosties have a habit of lodging into your molars so you're left pick-pick-picking after finishing, resulting in some grimacing and some rather unattractive gum-tonguage.*

For this reason, I give my snack a lovely great rate: 7/10.

*lol

I HATE this! Happens with bran too :s-smilie:
Reply 389
Marks and Spencer Mushroom and Prawn Siu Mai Dumpling selection for supper. A definite 10/10. I freaking LOVE these. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Do you eat these as they come or do you have to cook it?

They look like the mooli wraps? Low calorie?
Reply 390
YOU HAVE BEEN KA-WOE-TEED! Heheh.

No, I just meant that compared to the ORIGINAL white kitkats they just seem less like white chocolate and more like... butterscotch/caramel/condensed milky.

We already had the white Kit Kat Chunky, and it didn't sell well, hence it appeared and disappeared in the blink of an eye... but too true, I loved it as well.

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

Tonight's dinner was my home-made Chilli Nam Pla Squid Rings with Wokfried veg!

10/10 as I am awesome at anything you cook in a wok. Seriously. I can knock you up CORNFLAKES in a wok and it'd still taste awesome.

This looks AMAZING Toto. Like amazing.

Back on topic,

Tesco Bakery Florentine.

9/10. By god its good.
Reply 391
Some Chocolate Kelloggs Mini Max Cereal. (regular variety pictured)

Due to its smaller size I find it far more enjoyable and tasty than bitesize shredded wheat, but it's just not as sweet as the honey variety of those. And I like to get diabetes from my cereal.

7/10

Just a question - would you say Frosted Wheats

or Mini Max

is superior? I've just tried both systematically and I'm still a Frosted Wheat fan through and through...
Reply 392
Original post by MelissaJayne
Dairylea triangle on lettuce with beetroot, and I added vinegar.

5/10 - didn't really even want it. But needs must.

Needs must?
Reply 393
turkey sandwich.
2 slices of weight watchers malted danish bread "buttered" with mayonaise, turkey breast and lettuce. to be more specific

was yummy but its just a turkey sandwich nothing exciting, it also could of been improved by the addition of tomato which I sadly did not have.
6/10
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dani_1991
Needs must?

Have to eat a certain amount of food a day
Reply 395

Have to eat a certain amount of food a day

Oh, I see. Sorry.
Oh, I see. Sorry.

No worries!! :biggrin: It must have seemed an odd thing to say lol!
Reply 397

Fragrant Thai Carrot soup.

Perfect thickness, nice and filling, only need half. So that's 50p for a really tasty meal. It's very very fragrant and took me a bit by surprise but once you have a little you get used to it. Much nicer than some of the other in the range. It's really fresh and satisfying.

Edit: It taste very salty though....

8/10 on the soup scale for me :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 398

No worries!! :biggrin: It must have seemed an odd thing to say lol!

Without sounding too weird - you seem like a really nice person :smile:
Without sounding too weird - you seem like a really nice person :smile:

"please rate other members before repping this person again."
Thank you, as do you! A lot of people on this thread seem to like to be a bit aggressive all the time. We all love food, we all eat food - and some of us just enjoy talking about it! (a lot.)
Yes, I'm looking at you Toto...

Quick Reply

Latest