The Student Room Group

Really conscious about my health

Hi all so a little rundown of my day on Monday yesterday. So I woke up at around 1.30pm in the afternoon because I got to bed late that night. I the till about 1.42 sat on my bed texting my friends and catching up on the social media world. I went downstairs after brushing my teeth and everything and myself eggs with bread. That was made at around 2.30 took me until roughly an hour before it was finished and don’t judge I done have a good relationship with food and an scared of choking due to past circumstances so take my time. I was obviously sat for that time. Then at around let’s say 4 or half 4 I sat with my legs bent up on the floor on my phone until about half six. Yes it’s crazy how I didn’t realise how long I was sat there for!! Then I went into the shower and was in a position for a long time obviously and crazyingly it took me an hour and a half!! Then I went down as it was about half seven then and ate my dinner which was about a spoon unsweet eggs with mince meat. I went into bed at around half one today and suddenly I had some pain around my kidney area. I get this on and off as I become very dehydrated sometimes and forget to drink literally every day! So I had one glass in the morning before breakfast and then about a glass or two worth from a 2L bottle, one glass for dinner and then a whole little bottle before bed in small amounts obviously. But then I tried to ignore my pain as I tried to sleep knowing that I barely drank that day so maybe that was way. About an hour later at around two in the morning today there was a lot of pain in my left leg. It was like growing pains but only in one leg. I went down and had a glass of water and my mum massaged my leg with oil whilst saying that I’m always on my phone which is true and was most likely in the same position for too long which I think is true too as you can tell. She also made me exercise my legs up and down to give them movement. She then gave me a bit of a scare unintentionally saying I could have a blood clot in my leg which could then spread to my heart and I could die!! I then became so so paranoid. I’m only a teen yet I am so conscious about my health and death is my greatest fear. I then cried but about half an hour late at half two or maybe 3 this morning the pain mostly went. Now I’m typing this on the floor standing up making my legs go up and down. But when most of that pain had gone away about half an hour ago I got very minimal pain on the left side slightly above my eyebrow on my head. And then for about three seconds I got a ringing bell in my ear. The head pain is very very minimal still l and my leg pain is quite better but still in pain. Also to add my mum did then say maybe I pulled a muscle. But anyways I’m just scared now what if don’t know the blood clot if I did have one spread to my head!? I’m just scared and can’t sleep even though I went to bed now four hours ago!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all so a little rundown of my day on Monday yesterday. So I woke up at around 1.30pm in the afternoon because I got to bed late that night. I the till about 1.42 sat on my bed texting my friends and catching up on the social media world. I went downstairs after brushing my teeth and everything and myself eggs with bread. That was made at around 2.30 took me until roughly an hour before it was finished and don’t judge I done have a good relationship with food and an scared of choking due to past circumstances so take my time. I was obviously sat for that time. Then at around let’s say 4 or half 4 I sat with my legs bent up on the floor on my phone until about half six. Yes it’s crazy how I didn’t realise how long I was sat there for!! Then I went into the shower and was in a position for a long time obviously and crazyingly it took me an hour and a half!! Then I went down as it was about half seven then and ate my dinner which was about a spoon unsweet eggs with mince meat. I went into bed at around half one today and suddenly I had some pain around my kidney area. I get this on and off as I become very dehydrated sometimes and forget to drink literally every day! So I had one glass in the morning before breakfast and then about a glass or two worth from a 2L bottle, one glass for dinner and then a whole little bottle before bed in small amounts obviously. But then I tried to ignore my pain as I tried to sleep knowing that I barely drank that day so maybe that was way. About an hour later at around two in the morning today there was a lot of pain in my left leg. It was like growing pains but only in one leg. I went down and had a glass of water and my mum massaged my leg with oil whilst saying that I’m always on my phone which is true and was most likely in the same position for too long which I think is true too as you can tell. She also made me exercise my legs up and down to give them movement. She then gave me a bit of a scare unintentionally saying I could have a blood clot in my leg which could then spread to my heart and I could die!! I then became so so paranoid. I’m only a teen yet I am so conscious about my health and death is my greatest fear. I then cried but about half an hour late at half two or maybe 3 this morning the pain mostly went. Now I’m typing this on the floor standing up making my legs go up and down. But when most of that pain had gone away about half an hour ago I got very minimal pain on the left side slightly above my eyebrow on my head. And then for about three seconds I got a ringing bell in my ear. The head pain is very very minimal still l and my leg pain is quite better but still in pain. Also to add my mum did then say maybe I pulled a muscle. But anyways I’m just scared now what if don’t know the blood clot if I did have one spread to my head!? I’m just scared and can’t sleep even though I went to bed now four hours ago!

please reply someone and also now I have again very minimal but sharp pain on the left side of my head in a small area!!
Reply 2
please reply someone and also now I have again very minimal but sharp pain on the left side of my head in a small area!!

also feeling a little bit sick please help someone!
Reply 3
also feeling a little bit sick please help someone!

Boosting it up threads as very worried and have had no sleep at all. My mum had work in the morning and leaves at seven and it’s her last day so I don’t want to wake her or anything plus in a and e waiting times can be up to an hour. Also maybe I’m feeling sick from hunger???
Death is my greatest fear too. However, it's the nature of the universe that we will all die some day. A good philosophy to have is that you will die some day, but you'd prefer it if it wasn't your fault.

Read How Not To Die by Dr Greger (from your local library) for an informative and entertaining read as an introduction to nutrition.

Just checking, is it water that you've been drinking? And not some fizzy drink?

The kidney area pain is concerning. Kidney disease is the 9th leading cause of death in the USA and it's increasing. Most people with kidney disease don't realise that they have it.

However it's important to keep things in perspective. You're a teenager. It would be unlucky if you were to die from kidney disease in the next 5 years, even if you have the most shockingly bad diet ever. It's one of those where I'd suggest you try making a few changes to your lifestyle, mainly in what food and drink you buy and consume, and then seeing how you feel from there. As well as you using your GP and the NHS to check for any major issues that are possible to diagnose with the tools and methods they have available.

The bread that you eat, is it wholemeal? Do you sometimes vary your bread by eating rye bread?
You seem to be eating a lot of eggs.
Your diet appears to be lacking in fibre, wholegrains, legumes, fresh fruit especially berries, nuts, herbs, spices, ground flax seeds.

What about exercise that gets you out of breath? Is that a part of your lifestyle?

It's good if you chew your food properly. When you say you don't have a good relationship with food, does that mean that there's a rather limited number of food types that you eat?
Reply 5
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Death is my greatest fear too. However, it's the nature of the universe that we will all die some day. A good philosophy to have is that you will die some day, but you'd prefer it if it wasn't your fault.

Read How Not To Die by Dr Greger (from your local library) for an informative and entertaining read as an introduction to nutrition.

Just checking, is it water that you've been drinking? And not some fizzy drink?

The kidney area pain is concerning. Kidney disease is the 9th leading cause of death in the USA and it's increasing. Most people with kidney disease don't realise that they have it.

However it's important to keep things in perspective. You're a teenager. It would be unlucky if you were to die from kidney disease in the next 5 years, even if you have the most shockingly bad diet ever. It's one of those where I'd suggest you try making a few changes to your lifestyle, mainly in what food and drink you buy and consume, and then seeing how you feel from there. As well as you using your GP and the NHS to check for any major issues that are possible to diagnose with the tools and methods they have available.

The bread that you eat, is it wholemeal? Do you sometimes vary your bread by eating rye bread?
You seem to be eating a lot of eggs.
Your diet appears to be lacking in fibre, wholegrains, legumes, fresh fruit especially berries, nuts, herbs, spices, ground flax seeds.

What about exercise that gets you out of breath? Is that a part of your lifestyle?

It's good if you chew your food properly. When you say you don't have a good relationship with food, does that mean that there's a rather limited number of food types that you eat?

Thanks for the reply! Yeah it’s water I’ve been drinking and true I do get kidney pain quite frequently which I’m concerned about. Yeah I agree I need to switch up my diet. Also at 6 today when my mum gets back home I’ll ask her to take me to the hospital just to get checked up as I’m really worried as I only have a sharp pain on the right side of my body in my chest. I eat whole meal bread and no not much of a varied diet! I barely exercise but today I did a twenty minute at home workout for beginners. Maybe that’s why I’m feeling the pain in my chest…
Yeah I do limits food such as foods you have to think about when eating because I’m scared I’ll choke.
Reply 6
You have to be conscious about your health to maintain your health good and fit ..

Quick Reply

Latest