The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by NutterFrutter
Sounds good. :smile:

Thank you hun - it's reassuring to know I am on the right lines you know x
Reply 181
Thank You...I just hope I've managed to successfully/effectively describe what I learnt from each experience etc...
Reply 182
Original post by zsaeed6
Hi LexxieK!! :smile:

I'm thinking of applying to King's, UCL (will do BMAT), Bristol and Southampton.

Any other Unis that you might be able to recommend?

Just quickly before I answer, you just want to do grad courses right?

Southampton had a UKCAT cut off this year of 2310 ish so you will be fine for that if it doesn't change this year - the results come out Mid-November for their cut off. Bristol obviously don't want UKCAT so apply there. Kings recommend 650 average possibly 675 average for grad course. What about Imperial xx
Reply 183
Original post by zsaeed6
Hi LexxieK!! :smile:

I'm thinking of applying to King's, UCL (will do BMAT), Bristol and Southampton.

Any other Unis tha
t you might be able to recommend?

www.medical-interviews.co.uk/UKCAT-exam.aspx - check out this link - scroll down to the bottom x
Reply 184
Original post by undertaker1
WTF

??
Reply 185
Original post by LexxieK

Original post by LexxieK
Just quickly before I answer, you just want to do grad courses right?

Southampton had a UKCAT cut off this year of 2310 ish so you will be fine for that if it doesn't change this year - the results come out Mid-November for their cut off. Bristol obviously don't want UKCAT so apply there. Kings recommend 650 average possibly 675 average for grad course. What about Imperial xx

Sorry - I should've confirmed, I'm applying solely to the Undergraduate courses - to maximise chances of getting in! :smile:
Reply 186
Original post by zsaeed6
Sorry - I should've confirmed, I'm applying solely to the Undergraduate courses - to maximise chances of getting in! :smile:

Silly thing - you should be applying to grad too! I would do;

Bristol Grad - you have a great degree and work experience and they don't want UKCAT
Kings Undergrad - grad course wants 650/675 average so maybe go undergrad and you will have fab chance
Southampton Grad or Undergrad like I say you could do either presuming you have chem and biology AS or A2
UCL or Imperial

xx
Reply 187
Original post by LexxieK

Original post by LexxieK
Silly thing - you should be applying to grad too! I would do;

Bristol Grad - you have a great degree and work experience and they don't want UKCAT
Kings Undergrad - grad course wants 650/675 average so maybe go undergrad and you will have fab chance
Southampton Grad or Undergrad like I say you could do either presuming you have chem and biology AS or A2
UCL or Imperial

xx

Hmm, true... Bristol Grad might be worth a look at! I'll call them up tomorrow/check the website out!
King's, Southampton and UCL...yupp! Now just the BMAT to go...joy! :P

Are you applying this year? Or currently at Med School? x
Reply 188
Original post by zsaeed6
Hmm, true... Bristol Grad might be worth a look at! I'll call them up tomorrow/check the website out!
King's, Southampton and UCL...yupp! Now just the BMAT to go...joy! :P

Are you applying this year? Or currently at Med School? x

What is the BMAT all about? I haven't looked at it.. Tell me all.

I submitted my application yesterday - eeeekkkk. Applied to;

Southampton Grad
Southampton normal 5 year
Kings Grad
Barts 5 year

I am so so anxious now!
Original post by LexxieK
??

lol amazing work experiance- i am applying for dentristry and i struggled so much to get work experiance
Reply 190
Original post by undertaker1
lol amazing work experiance- i am applying for dentristry and i struggled so much to get work experiance

I bet that's much harder in terms of work experience. I haven't ever considered dentistry but a couple of people have said I should look at it. Do the courses require similar sorts of things?
Reply 191
Original post by LexxieK

Original post by LexxieK
What is the BMAT all about? I haven't looked at it.. Tell me all.

I submitted my application yesterday - eeeekkkk. Applied to;

Southampton Grad
Southampton normal 5 year
Kings Grad
Barts 5 year

I am so so anxious now!

Hi5 to the choices in common!! :P lol

And don't stress, I'm sure ull be fine!! You're applying to Barts, so assuming ur UKCAT is quite strong? Like I said earlier, they told me not to even bother applying...guess I appreciate the brutal honesty. :\

I've decided not to stress too much...if I don'get get in, then I can just apply again next year, after saving a lot more money to fund myself!! 9k p/y is a beeetch!

Right, so the BMAT has 3 sections - 1st one is like a mix of verbal and quant of the ukcat. sec 2 is a test of KS4 Science and Maths. finally sec 3 = writing task, on some ethical question or the other. (yea...I'm quite under-prepared!)
Reply 192
Original post by zsaeed6
Hi5 to the choices in common!! :P lol

And don't stress, I'm sure ull be fine!! You're applying to Barts, so assuming ur UKCAT is quite strong? Like I said earlier, they told me not to even bother applying...guess I appreciate the brutal honesty. :\

I've decided not to stress too much...if I don'get get in, then I can just apply again next year, after saving a lot more money to fund myself!! 9k p/y is a beeetch!

Right, so the BMAT has 3 sections - 1st one is like a mix of verbal and quant of the ukcat. sec 2 is a test of KS4 Science and Maths. finally sec 3 = writing task, on some ethical question or the other. (yea...I'm quite under-prepared!)

I got 695 average - made a point of asking the poor woman at admissions 43546754 times if this was OK as didn't want to waste application and she said yes it was. What about you? Did they give an AVG mark they like?

BMAT sounds like hell! Gosh. OK. And when can you do it?
Reply 193
695 avrg is grt!! I under-performed in verbal and DA (in comparison to how I'd been doing in tests) my average is 615. Really hope King's are biased lol! :P

The BMAT has a fixed date - 2nd November! Every1 will be taking it then. UCL say they just want you to get the average score - along with the entire applicant pool of that year. Only time will tell...
Original post by LexxieK
I bet that's much harder in terms of work experience. I haven't ever considered dentistry but a couple of people have said I should look at it. Do the courses require similar sorts of things?

if you enjoyed the medicine work experiance then go for medicine if not get some dental work experiance howver all you can is do jus watch a general dental practictioner for work experiance and probz look at a few other departments but that is about it or visit a few dental labs

well you need work experiance in the health proffesion aswell as a minimum of 2 weeks at a dentist. plus anything else.

if you are good with your hands i would recommend dentistry
Reply 195
I've got my ukcat test tomorrow, just wanted to know in the QR section is there a lot of text or just tables and a few sentences?
UKCAT tomorrow...eurghhh. Sad times.
Reply 197
Yeah! My UKCAT tomorrow too! :-( uh ohhh!
Me too! :eek:
VR 600
QV 640
AR 550
DA 770

Average 640 :frown:

Overall it's not as high as I'd like, a little disappointing really :frown: I don't know what went wrong with AR I am usually quite good at that, one the plus side I am quite pleased with my DA score.

Latest

Trending

Trending