The Student Room Group

Steve Jobs is dead

Scroll to see replies

RIP Steve. He gave us so much technology. He will be remembered the same was as other great people such as Edison and Einstein.

We will miss you.
Reply 181
My thoughts and wishes go to his family.
Reply 182
Original post by 01jtiong
since jobs is dead, apple shoudl reduce their prices now in memeory of their products and giveaway any old stock for free and out of date products or older models of iphone/ipod should be given away for free

also with regards to his funeral one site gave a spoof where his memory would be downloaded into a big apple hardrive thus giving job to live on in a giant computer as he woudl be remebered

but in seriousness his funeral would take place in the town he was born and his funeral would be made public as people have the right to attend

all the major plyers would be at his funeral boss of facebook, mark zukerburg, boss of google eric schmit boss of twitter boss of yahoo boss of microsoft bill gates and the president will be there

also they might live stream the event for others to view, it should be done in order for his memory to live on

any news on his funeral or if any invites being given out
Original post by SuperStarr1
RIP Steve Jobs.

I'll always remember when I got my first Apple product - the original iPod.. It isn't even in colour (lol) I was so happy when I got it, crazy how one product changed so much! So sad :frown:

I know. I adored my iPod Nano. I played it to (its) death, every day since I got it for Christmas 2006.

Jobs has given millions so much pleasure.
Reply 184
Despite what people may say about Apple products, they innovated the mp3 market.
Bought massive competition, and as a result better choice to the mobile phone market and PC market.

The iPad really bought tablets to the fore-front like never before.
And "apps" have never been as crucial in our lives until they were on an iPhone.

Yes he may have not INVENTED the mp3 player, the tablet, or apps - but he definitely made them worth having, and he made competitors take a note and only try and emulate the success.
I have used his products since more than 10 years ago! His products made me happier than most other things in life! No lie!
Original post by Popppppy
As a PC and Android user, even I have to agree with this. So sad, only 56. What a loss.

Agree. I have a blackberry and a Toshiba laptop but I couldn't tell you who "made" them. In fact I don't even know who the company who own Blackberrys are. Everyone know Steve Jobs though.

So sad. Thoughts are with friends, family and even his fans. RIP.:frown:
Sic semper tyrannis!
Original post by Aj12
Thing is if he was not like that I doubt he would have gotten as far as he did. I don't think you will ever meet a company head who does not have a massive ego.

Exactly. He was a very good leader. It's not like he would ignore all his employees/customers opinions, au contraire he valued them a lot.
crazy news, thought he would recover.... it's a shame but he led a great life. RIP Steve
Quite affected by this news tbh! I remember when I was just a kid, my Dad had one of those old Mac Pluses that he had been given as a gift by his father who also recently died, and it was my first experience of computers. My Dad would talk about how great a piece of engineering it was and how the philosophy behind it was to create something new and accessible rather than bland and esoteric,I was very young but I remember absorbing that philosophy. Eventually he bought a newer model and gave me the Mac Plus and I'd spend ages writing little stories on it and making crappy little games that came to life as much in my imagination as on the screen.

Obviously since then I've been a Mac user and had everything you can think of and the iPod or the iPhone alone are revolutionary creations in themselves, but I always think back to that first Mac Plus, I still have it around somewhere, it works flawlessly, it's fast, it was so far ahead of it's time that despite being about 30 years old other than the tiny black and white screen and outdated design it's basically a modern computer. I remember booting up up a year or so ago and there, after 10+ years, were all those stories I wrote as a kid.

Here it is!

So I thank him for those memories with my Dad :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 191
I can't believe he's dead. He was truly a great man with a greater vision. I actually cried a little when i read that he had died. He had lived a life that we can only dream of. R.I.P.
Steve Jobs was a LEGEND! :h:
Anyone who is saying bad things about him, or he deserves to be dead, do you have the balls to go out there and make your product successful and get your business to be the largest technology business in the world? Could you launch a new product in front of millions of people, with all that pressure of not to mess up? Could you be diagnosed with cancer and still take the role of CEO in a huge company? Could you cope with the stress of running a huge company?

Think next time before you complain about this amazing man.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 193
May he RIP
Gutted. He wasnt well for a long time. He knew it was coming.
Reply 195
Who?
No "R.I.P", OP? Disrespectful :hmmm:

May Steve Jobs rest in peace :rip:
If it wasn't for his imaginative idea of the iPod touch, I wouldn't be typing this right now on my google app.

:sad:
Amazing guy:
"Being the richest man in the cemetery does not matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful, that's what matters to me" - Steve Jobs.

What a legend!
RIP.
The face of Apple and the face of the modern tech era.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending