The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by endlessblue
On the topic of gigs, anyone seeing Frank Turner in November?

All I know is that the minute my dad knew Lynard Skynard (sp?) were playing in November he and about five friends demanded tickets xD

Anyone had their welcome letter from their respective school of study?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 1981
Original post by Katerzzz
All I know is that the minute my dad knew Lynard Skynard (sp?) were playing in November he and about five friends demanded tickets xD

Anyone had their welcome letter from their respective school of study?

I haven't had mine come through from the school of History yet.
Original post by HanEps93
Hi I'd love to give you my old place but I don't think that I have any power over that! You could always ring up ad explain that it's come to your attention that a space has become available and you were wondering of you could be considered!

I really hope you get it though I wouldn't want it just going to waste! :biggrin: x

Aw, I just had a look on their website and it says there are no clearing spaces for English OR English and Creative Writing available to home/EU students. :frown: Gutted, but I guess I'll manage.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Thought about it. Mostly I wanted to say I love your avatar thing. Moriarty. :love: I approve.

Haha, thank you. It combines my favourite things - Sherlock and silly pictures of it :biggrin:
Original post by Nibz93
I haven't had mine come through from the school of History yet.

Nor me.
Reply 1984

Nor me.

Ah right, what course are you doing? :smile:
Reply 1985
Original post by StefanieLouise
Aw, I just had a look on their website and it says there are no clearing spaces for English OR English and Creative Writing available to home/EU students. :frown: Gutted, but I guess I'll manage.

Well that could be because I've had trouble actually getting admissions to change my course over! ATM I'm still technically doing English and creative writing I even got my confirmation letter today! But I'm still trying to get them to switch so you never know a space my open up! You could always try and switch when we actually get there! What course are you applied for ATM?
Original post by James A
sadly, I won't be reapplying to UEA because they demand AAA for people who apply the following year as opposed to the AAB they gave out to people completing A-levels in the two year space. Who knows, and If i end up with three A's at the end of next year I'll see if UEA are in clearing or something and then see if i can get in there.

Farewell guys, I've blown my chance.

:frown:

Aww, that sucks. Well, best of luck anyway, and I'll probably still see you around here. :smile:
Haha, thank you. It combines my favourite things - Sherlock and silly pictures of it :biggrin:

Nor me.

Is it bad that I have a folder with funny Sherlock pictures on my computer? I look at them when I need a laugh.
Original post by Nibz93
Ah right, what course are you doing? :smile:

Also History :smile:
Is it bad that I have a folder with funny Sherlock pictures on my computer? I look at them when I need a laugh.

tumblr_lzhjl3vXAx1qa0wzz.png
Aww, that sucks. Well, best of luck anyway, and I'll probably still see you around here. :smile:

Hi you, congrats on going to uea! I ended up with A*A*A so am going to my firm even though I really was looking forward to a campus uni with an amazing students union! Thank you for everyone else in the uea forum who has answered my questions and supported me through! :smile:
Original post by xfirekittyx
Hi you, congrats on going to uea! I ended up with A*A*A so am going to my firm even though I really was looking forward to a campus uni with an amazing students union! Thank you for everyone else in the uea forum who has answered my questions and supported me through! :smile:

Thanks. :smile: Already had an unconditional though so results day was a lot less stressful. :lol: But wow, well done!! :biggrin: That's great. :smile: What was your firm again? Hope you have fun there! :biggrin:
Thanks. :smile: Already had an unconditional though so results day was a lot less stressful. :lol: But wow, well done!! :biggrin: That's great. :smile: What was your firm again? Hope you have fun there! :biggrin:

Haha wow yes bet you didn't have two sleepless nights like I did and frantically compiling a list of uni's I would like to try through clearing! Thank you :smile: How did you do? My firm was Bristol - so just about the other side of the country from Norwich! Me too - I'm scared it wasn't nearly as friendly as UEA. On the post offer day there, I asked a girl what a-levels she was doing. Response was, 'I'm not doing A-levels I'm doing Cambridge Pre-U's' * in a tone which was like how dare you ask such a ridiculous question, flicked her hair back walked infront of me to the research place and didn't say another word* But people on the website are nice, so I'm hoping not everyone is like that and I just got unlucky!
Haha wow yes bet you didn't have two sleepless nights like I did and frantically compiling a list of uni's I would like to try through clearing! Thank you :smile: How did you do? My firm was Bristol - so just about the other side of the country from Norwich! Me too - I'm scared it wasn't nearly as friendly as UEA. On the post offer day there, I asked a girl what a-levels she was doing. Response was, 'I'm not doing A-levels I'm doing Cambridge Pre-U's' * in a tone which was like how dare you ask such a ridiculous question, flicked her hair back walked infront of me to the research place and didn't say another word* But people on the website are nice, so I'm hoping not everyone is like that and I just got unlucky!

Sounds like you didn't need to stress though which is good! :biggrin: Although I barely got any sleep that night because I was staying at my cousin's house and I could hear my brother at the opposite side of the room going "I've failed everything!!!" And then we had to get up at about 5 the next morning to catch a plane. :lol: My exams went well thanks. :smile: I got 4 A's, three advanced highers and a higher so there was lots of jumping around and screaming in my house. :lol: Not sure which bands I've got yet though, going to go into school in a few weeks to find out how my investigations went. :biggrin: Bristol's a great uni, I wanted to apply there when I wanted to do Dentistry. I swear UEA is actually the friendliest uni I've ever seen. My facebook has exploded. She sounds like a lovely girl. :lol: But I'm sure there are loads of really nice people there too. You get idiots everywhere.
Sounds like you didn't need to stress though which is good! :biggrin: Although I barely got any sleep that night because I was staying at my cousin's house and I could hear my brother at the opposite side of the room going "I've failed everything!!!" And then we had to get up at about 5 the next morning to catch a plane. :lol: My exams went well thanks. :smile: I got 4 A's, three advanced highers and a higher so there was lots of jumping around and screaming in my house. :lol: Not sure which bands I've got yet though, going to go into school in a few weeks to find out how my investigations went. :biggrin: Bristol's a great uni, I wanted to apply there when I wanted to do Dentistry. I swear UEA is actually the friendliest uni I've ever seen. My facebook has exploded. She sounds like a lovely girl. :lol: But I'm sure there are loads of really nice people there too. You get idiots everywhere.

Story of my life! My sister was like, next time you tell me you've failed I'm just going to point and laugh and my dad said, how can someone get full marks in an exam and think they've done badly, I don't understand?:rolleyes: Haha aww, did your brother fail everything? Where do your cousins live? Oh wow welldone!:smile: I bet you got the highest!:biggrin: It's gonna be weird going back to visit school isn't it? So how'd you go from denitstry to pharmacy? Haha oh yes, don't remind me - I still need to get a new facebook otherwise I'll miss out on freshers events etc! But I still think facebook is evil and I'm scared :tongue:
Original post by HanEps93
Well that could be because I've had trouble actually getting admissions to change my course over! ATM I'm still technically doing English and creative writing I even got my confirmation letter today! But I'm still trying to get them to switch so you never know a space my open up! You could always try and switch when we actually get there! What course are you applied for ATM?

I had my confirmation letter and all that months ago for English and Philosophy, only because they told me my grades weren't good enough for English or English and Creative Writing. I've got ABC with a B in English lit.
Hi guys! Anyone applied for chemistry at UEA? x
Story of my life! My sister was like, next time you tell me you've failed I'm just going to point and laugh and my dad said, how can someone get full marks in an exam and think they've done badly, I don't understand?:rolleyes: Haha aww, did your brother fail everything? Where do your cousins live? Oh wow welldone!:smile: I bet you got the highest!:biggrin: It's gonna be weird going back to visit school isn't it? So how'd you go from denitstry to pharmacy? Haha oh yes, don't remind me - I still need to get a new facebook otherwise I'll miss out on freshers events etc! But I still think facebook is evil and I'm scared :tongue:

I do exactly the same thing. My friends texted me asking how I got on and I got a collective slap around the head from all of them for all my panicking. :lol: Same thing happened last year. I just can't feel confident coming out of exams, it feels like I'll jinx it. :lol: But seriously well done. :biggrin: No, he did really well, better than he'd hoped actually. London, but we live in Aberdeen. :smile: Haha, I doubt it in Maths, there's a couple of questions I wiped out on. Yeah. I've been from pretty much everything back to pharmacy, once I realised that pharmacy was always the one I kept coming back to I chose that. Facebook can be evil but to be honest I'm enjoying all the chats. :lol:
Original post by hannahekclark
Hi guys! Anyone applied for chemistry at UEA? x

I'm a second year chemistry student at uea if you have any questions about the course.
Reply 1998
Just reading through the medical forms that I've printed out. Stupid question but do all students have to have the Meningitis and MMR vaccines or is it only international students?? Thanks guys!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest

Trending

Trending