The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Film and Television production with placement year

Hi, I am hoping to take this course at UEA next year and I just wanted to know if it is a popular course and just a bit more about what it is like from the students themselves as I was not able to attend an open day.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I am hoping to take this course at UEA next year and I just wanted to know if it is a popular course and just a bit more about what it is like from the students themselves as I was not able to attend an open day.

Hi there,

It's great that you're considering the Film and Television production program at UEA!

Although I don't study it (currently doing a PhD in Biology), I've worked with student ambassadors who speak highly of UEA's Media department. It turn out that there's a significant module overlap among courses, which is actually vary valuable for building connections and opportunities for diverse projects.

The campus atmosphere is truly great, with a strong sense of community. Student life here is dynamic, with a lot activities throughout the year, both on campus and in Norwich. And... not all events revolve around drinking (if you're not into it). I chose UEA primarily for its strong academic department at BIO, having previously studied in London. Personally, I've been having a great experience here.

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Daniel
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hello, @anonymous#1

I’m currently in my second year of studying film and television, and while my focus has been more on the academic side, I’ve decided to delve into some production modules this semester. Our course attracts a diverse group of students, including those from media, English, History, and occasionally drama backgrounds, who often participate in some of the modules alongside us. The production aspect of the course is particularly captivating, offering a blend of hands-on work such as creating television shows and mastering camera techniques.

As you progress into your second year, there are more modules to explore in both studies and production. For instance, cinematography, documentary and a Disney module. You will also have access to our lovely media suit, where you can use the computers to edit and you will also be able to use a higher level equipment.

If you have any further questions or would like more information, feel free to reach out to me privately. ☺️

Tiffany

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending