The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by HanEps93
No! im getting slightly worried, but i mean i havent heard anything so its not like theyve rejected me or anything, I guess it just gives me more time to work on it!

how about you? have you been asked yet??

Don't worry about it! Exactly as you said, they haven't rejected you. They are just taking a while to process all the applications probably.

Yeah I have heard from them about 2 weeks ago they asked for a portfolio :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 381
Original post by hnorman
Don't worry about it! Exactly as you said, they haven't rejected you. They are just taking a while to process all the applications probably.

Yeah I have heard from them about 2 weeks ago they asked for a portfolio :smile:

well im slightly freaked out! i had just read this when i found out that i had an email from UEA aking for my portfolio!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek im soooo excited :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:!!!

oh have you sent yours off already or are you still working on it???
Reply 382
well im slightly freaked out! i had just read this when i found out that i had an email from UEA aking for my portfolio!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek im soooo excited :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:!!!

oh have you sent yours off already or are you still working on it???

Oh thats so exciting!! See you knew they would ask!! :biggrin: Good luck with it all then. No I haven't yet, but hopefully should be sending it very soon, maybe tomorrow :smile:
Reply 383
Original post by hnorman
Oh thats so exciting!! See you knew they would ask!! :biggrin: Good luck with it all then. No I haven't yet, but hopefully should be sending it very soon, maybe tomorrow :smile:

yes very excited! i shall start compiling it straight away! did you get anyone to look at yours??
Original post by GraemeLawd
Hahaha I did like very little back ground stuff. Just basically be ready to answer questions on your PS, he asked me a few things on it! Also he asked me a problem if a women couldn't swallow a tablet how else could you give it to her. Also I was McLoving UEA was just like "awh yeah its been rated best so it must be good". He was LOVING my answer :P. It defz won't be as bad as you think though, i'm sure you'll have no bother haha!

hey mate, if you dont mind me asking , what was your offer from UEA for pharmacy? im still yet to send my application off (tomoz im doing it) and ive been predicted an AAB !

many thanks
Reply 385
yes very excited! i shall start compiling it straight away! did you get anyone to look at yours??

No I didn't well except to check over for silly mistakes like spelling etc. Do you think that they will actually look at the whole 7 pages or only the beginning bit and only read on if they stay interested in the story?
Way to do it, certainly worked alright for me! My guy was such a mate just having a chat and bending the truth haha!

Just looked up your wee profile? Fan of Les Mis I see, nice! Really wanna see it in London! :L

Worked alright for me too. :biggrin: Yeah, we had a chat about diving, he told me I should go to Scapa Flow, I said cool. :lol:

Yep, recent convert. Only saw it a week or so ago and I think my parents regret buying the DVD now. :lol: I would love to see it in London. It would honestly make my life.
Reply 387
Original post by hnorman
No I didn't well except to check over for silly mistakes like spelling etc. Do you think that they will actually look at the whole 7 pages or only the beginning bit and only read on if they stay interested in the story?

well im not sure, but i should think that only the people that they think are 'worthy' of getting onto the course will be the poeple that they read everything for!

i mean if they dont like your writing at all from the frist page, then they may not think that there is any point in reading more of it.

personally, i dont think that that is the right thing to do since the persons writing style might be different later on, but im not sure how it would work! it's such a prestigous course, that they may have really hard deadlines!
Reply 388
YAY! got asked for my creative writing portfolio yesterday :biggrin:
Has anyone else applied for the course, and if you have then what did you put in it???

im having a little bit of trouble compiling mine together :s-smilie:

thanks!
Reply 389
Sent off my English with creative writing portfolio today!! Really, really hope its good enough!!
Original post by James A
hey mate, if you dont mind me asking , what was your offer from UEA for pharmacy? im still yet to send my application off (tomoz im doing it) and ive been predicted an AAB !

many thanks

I got an offer of AAB, so you should be grand for it!

Good Luck!
I got an offer of AAB, so you should be grand for it!

Good Luck!

Nice!! how was the interview?? did they really try and grill you and see if you would crack under pressure? just sent off my ucas so i should have plenty of time to prepare for the interview in the next round of interviews. if you dont mind me asking, what grades were those in??

many thanks dude!!
Original post by James A
Nice!! how was the interview?? did they really try and grill you and see if you would crack under pressure? just sent off my ucas so i should have plenty of time to prepare for the interview in the next round of interviews. if you dont mind me asking, what grades were those in??

many thanks dude!!

Interview was grand like, I done my over the phone which was cool, but it was just pretty casual and about why East Anglia and why Pharmacy. Nothing really difficult, just know your personal statement off pretty well!

They didn't ask for any subjects is particular so just AAB in my 3 subjects, but they need chemistry and another science but doesn't matter about your grade in Chemistry or anything!
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Worked alright for me too. :biggrin: Yeah, we had a chat about diving, he told me I should go to Scapa Flow, I said cool. :lol:

Yep, recent convert. Only saw it a week or so ago and I think my parents regret buying the DVD now. :lol: I would love to see it in London. It would honestly make my life.

Paha, I saw a School version of it last week, proper addicted to the tunes now! I'm hopefully going to see it when I go over for my King's College interview...thats the plan anyhow! Gotta love the West End :P
Reply 394
Hiya Ive applied to go to the UEA to study adult nursing :smile:
Havent heard anything yet, but I hope to soon. :smile:
Reply 395
I want to go to UEA soooo badly...if I get an offer it will definitely be my firm choice!
BTW I'll be applying for drama, anyone else?
Offer from UEA, Computing for Business!
Very happy :smile:
Reply 397
After a bit of deliberation I decided to both firm & insure with the UEA this afternoon! I now have to work my little arse off to get AAB/ABB. Oh dear. haha
Reply 398
Got both my offers for Economics and Business Finance and Economics. Will be putting them as both firm and insurance I think! Definitely the best University I looked at.
Reply 399
Original post by beckiet1
Got both my offers for Economics and Business Finance and Economics. Will be putting them as both firm and insurance I think! Definitely the best University I looked at.

what were your predicted grades and your as grades ? and what was the offer

Latest

Trending

Trending