The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HanEps93
aw i didnt know that that is nice of them isnt it :biggrin: good luck to you too :biggrin:

im a 1st year here, sitting in my room in one of the halls (Britten House) :tongue:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 581
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
:lol: Thanks. It's so nice, I love it. Never been to Australia, it's on my list. :tongue:

Fantasy is by far the best. A kleptomaniac would be brilliant, it would make such a brilliant character! We should collaborate. A narcoleptic and a kleptomaniac left the save the world...recipe for disaster. :lol:

Oh wow, that sounds great. :smile: Hopefully I'll be going to Hungary for a few weeks to see a penpal of mine. She's German, but her family are going on holiday and want me to come. Bit different I guess. :biggrin:

YES! we so should collaborate on that, it would be such a funny story!!!! my character could steal from your character when they pass out! it might be sad but im actually sitting here laughing to myself :colondollar: oh dear!

australia ia absolutely amazing, we travelled round a bit so ive been to Sydney, Brisbane and Cairns, and although Cairns was the hottest, i absolutely loved Brisbane, its where i wanna live at some point!!!

Hungary sounds so cool, and it wouldnt be as if you were just going to visit them at their house, but youd both be going on holiday so it would be extra fun!!!!

i take it youre very good at German then???
Reply 582
Original post by jelly1000
im a 1st year here, sitting in my room in one of the halls (Britten House) :tongue:

lol sorry :colondollar: very embarressed right now!

is Britten House one of the apartment blcks on campus, or is it in UV??? do you like it? What are you studying?

sorry for all the questions, i am a very curious person by nature :P!
YES! we so should collaborate on that, it would be such a funny story!!!! my character could steal from your character when they pass out! it might be sad but im actually sitting here laughing to myself :colondollar: oh dear!

australia ia absolutely amazing, we travelled round a bit so ive been to Sydney, Brisbane and Cairns, and although Cairns was the hottest, i absolutely loved Brisbane, its where i wanna live at some point!!!

Hungary sounds so cool, and it wouldnt be as if you were just going to visit them at their house, but youd both be going on holiday so it would be extra fun!!!!

i take it youre very good at German then???

That is a fantastic idea. God, this would be brilliant! I can imagine the kleptomaniac now...this should be a TV series. :tongue:

I had a friend who lived in Perth, think I saw some footage of Brisbane once, really lovely there. Think I'd like to live in Auckland for a while. Who am I kidding? I want to move there now!!

Yeah, it would. Really looking forward to it, it's apparently gorgeous and really, really sunny at the place they stayed at last time. :biggrin:

No, they're just good at English. :lol: Must get round to watching Love Actually in German, but revision gets in the way!! And TSR...:tongue:
lol sorry :colondollar: very embarressed right now!

is Britten House one of the apartment blcks on campus, or is it in UV??? do you like it? What are you studying?

sorry for all the questions, i am a very curious person by nature :P!

no its cool, you werent to know unless you looked in my sig. yeah britten house is one of the newest ensuite blocks on campus, very near the medical centre. and yeah its nice- good size rooms, big shelves, decent size bathroom. Its really secure as well- you need your student card to get into the block then a key for the flat door, although this means its harder to mingle with other flats.
Reply 585
That is a fantastic idea. God, this would be brilliant! I can imagine the kleptomaniac now...this should be a TV series. :tongue:

I had a friend who lived in Perth, think I saw some footage of Brisbane once, really lovely there. Think I'd like to live in Auckland for a while. Who am I kidding? I want to move there now!!

Yeah, it would. Really looking forward to it, it's apparently gorgeous and really, really sunny at the place they stayed at last time. :biggrin:

No, they're just good at English. :lol: Must get round to watching Love Actually in German, but revision gets in the way!! And TSR...:tongue:

yeah i know what you mean abotu TSR getting in the way! im on it all the time it seems, even at school ill be on my phone and people dont even have to ask what im doing they just know...student room!

lol we should sooooo write a script and send it into the BBC! although i think theyd have a problem with just how un PC it is :P but it would be fun!

we have friends who live in adelaide, but ive never been to perth or auckland! but i wuld just love to spend like six months travelling around australia, but i doubt that ill ever have the time or the money to do that! :P
Reply 586
no its cool, you werent to know unless you looked in my sig. yeah britten house is one of the newest ensuite blocks on campus, very near the medical centre. and yeah its nice- good size rooms, big shelves, decent size bathroom. Its really secure as well- you need your student card to get into the block then a key for the flat door, although this means its harder to mingle with other flats.

yeah my sisters second year flats were like that in Manchester! do you feel that youre more isolated then? or do you still feel like you get the full social aspect of uni life still?

God im sorry i literally feel like im interrogating you, probably not what you want on a tuesday evening :P!
yeah my sisters second year flats were like that in Manchester! do you feel that youre more isolated then? or do you still feel like you get the full social aspect of uni life still?

God im sorry i literally feel like im interrogating you, probably not what you want on a tuesday evening :P!

nah its cool, im bored. well if you have a social flat and you get on with them then you should easily get the full uni social life. if not then its always worth trying to bang on other flat doors in your block in freshers and explain your situation.

:hi: wallace and gromit fan!

im a formula one fan too :colone:
yeah i know what you mean abotu TSR getting in the way! im on it all the time it seems, even at school ill be on my phone and people dont even have to ask what im doing they just know...student room!

lol we should sooooo write a script and send it into the BBC! although i think theyd have a problem with just how un PC it is :P but it would be fun!

we have friends who live in adelaide, but ive never been to perth or auckland! but i wuld just love to spend like six months travelling around australia, but i doubt that ill ever have the time or the money to do that! :P

It's so addictive though! I love that my school hasn't blocked it yet, so I'll just calmly go on during lessons when they let us on the computers. Where the hell do I ever find time to work? My friends think my student room obsession is sad. Come to think of it...so does my mother. :tongue:

We should! If we were prepared to get sued by narcoleptics and kleptomaniacs because we made fun of their condition :wink: Wait, no. Isn't there some CBBC thing with a kleptomaniac? I think there is. The things you learn from being around little kids. Although they never call her that, but she basically is. Not a very good show though. Still it's a great idea.

Me neither, but the second I get my degree I want to go over and work there.
Reply 590
nah its cool, im bored. well if you have a social flat and you get on with them then you should easily get the full uni social life. if not then its always worth trying to bang on other flat doors in your block in freshers and explain your situation.

ok, yeah that sounds practical! but id imagine that its quite easy to get along with people you live with?
Reply 591
It's so addictive though! I love that my school hasn't blocked it yet, so I'll just calmly go on during lessons when they let us on the computers. Where the hell do I ever find time to work? My friends think my student room obsession is sad. Come to think of it...so does my mother. :tongue:

We should! If we were prepared to get sued by narcoleptics and kleptomaniacs because we made fun of their condition :wink: Wait, no. Isn't there some CBBC thing with a kleptomaniac? I think there is. The things you learn from being around little kids. Although they never call her that, but she basically is. Not a very good show though. Still it's a great idea.

Me neither, but the second I get my degree I want to go over and work there.

yeah i heard like years ago that if you work and live in australia for like five years, or a substantial amount of time, then all your student debts get cancelled! i have no idea how accurate that information is though, so dont take my word for it :P!

ah kids tv, they can get away with pretty much anything!! but im seriously not going to let this idea go! ill store it away in the back of my mind for future use! maybe in australia :P
Reply 592
in my opinion everything about those ziggurats is a death hazzard! i told my friend that if i got in i wanted to petition to get them knocked down, but then she jsut had to go and burst my bubble by saying that they are protected buildings! why i ask you, just why?!?!?!!

and thanks for that, i am now also imagining dumbledore speaking like cheryl cole:eek: not pretty!!! but the building, especially on of thier halls, looks just like something out of the harry potter films!!!!

ah the countryside, must be nice! i live like halfway between the city and the countryside! suburbia i think people call it, pretty boring anyway :P but we have good shopping! and i cant believe how much of a girl i just sounded :s-smilie:

alot of my history class are like you, takig the one humanity amongst lots of science and maths! but history is the one class that really keeps me on my toes in terms of keeping on top of the work, the others are a little easier!!!!

yeah i have three exams, between the 31st May and the 20th June, but i have four pieces of coursewo due in by easter! so its not all play and no work :P!

Protected huh? :s-smilie: Aha, well I'll pass on them for now, no death for me. :')

Ahhh see this is not good now :frown: or a Cheryl Cole that spoke like dumbledore? Hmm. That'd be so weird. :frown: I've never been personally, I'll talk your word for it though. You love your exclamation marks though. :biggrin:

Countryside is alright :P Just got to plan events ahead of time haha, no spontinuity in going out here! No-where to go haha. Ahhh shopping, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm not going to start haha. Not a fan of shopping as you can tell :wink: What do you expect?

And yeah was pretty tough in terms of workload and stuff at times, but I think I was better at it more, so spent more time just constantly being annoyed at chemistry wrong :colondollar:

Ohh only 4 pieces? Lol :O That's crazy amounts! And then exams in the summer, holy hell. History and chemistry coursework was enough for me, and they were on at different times. Argh I feel sorry for you, but good luck! :P

You seem very popular though, everyone is replying to you! :biggrin:
ok, yeah that sounds practical! but id imagine that its quite easy to get along with people you live with?

it depends really, sometimes there can be a clash of personalities, or people just have totally different interests, e.g. 7 of them like drinking/clubbing and one doesnt, but most people here seem to get on with their flat.
yeah i heard like years ago that if you work and live in australia for like five years, or a substantial amount of time, then all your student debts get cancelled! i have no idea how accurate that information is though, so dont take my word for it :P!

ah kids tv, they can get away with pretty much anything!! but im seriously not going to let this idea go! ill store it away in the back of my mind for future use! maybe in australia :P

I like the sound of that! :biggrin: Ought to put some further research into this...hmmm. Definitely worth a shot, although the spiders might get me first. Eugh...spiders.

I know, it's shocking what kids TV gets away with. :wink: Same here, it could be a great idea. Race to see who can get it published first. Or one does the book, the other does the TV adaptation? :lol:
Reply 595
It was my oh-so-amusing pharmacy pun. Hardcore nerd...:lol: God, you're more motivated than I would be. I'd probably spend a year reading my way through everything in Waterstones (and bankrupting myself in the process).

Do pharmacy!!! I haven't even started it yet, but it looks awesome!!! :lol:

Yeah haha, I guessed as much. :P Good stuff! I was trying to think of a pun about being dispensable, I got none. I'll take my coat in advance. :getmecoat:

To be honest reading through every book in Waterstones would take a lot more effort then my half-assed attempt at my retakes, haha. It's all good though, isn't that what overdrafts are for anyway? Go through as many books as you want. That said bet you'd love uni library. :biggrin: Probably live there. :smile:

And haha, I did work experience for it everywhere but it wasn't for me, I don't think! I'm sure you'll love it though.
P.S Choose UEA. :wink: Nah just choose where you'd be happy (UEA) Haha.

You on a gap year too? Seeing as you have unconditional offers?
Original post by Liam93
Yeah haha, I guessed as much. :P Good stuff! I was trying to think of a pun about being dispensable, I got none. I'll take my coat in advance. :getmecoat:

To be honest reading through every book in Waterstones would take a lot more effort then my half-assed attempt at my retakes, haha. It's all good though, isn't that what overdrafts are for anyway? Go through as many books as you want. That said bet you'd love uni library. :biggrin: Probably live there. :smile:

And haha, I did work experience for it everywhere but it wasn't for me, I don't think! I'm sure you'll love it though.
P.S Choose UEA. :wink: Nah just choose where you'd be happy (UEA) Haha.

You on a gap year too? Seeing as you have unconditional offers?

Hmm, I wonder if there are any "dispensable"-related puns out there...this requires some thinking. :lol:

I actually will. My friend predicted that I'll live there and end up sleeping with a pizza delivery guy just so he'll agree to deliver to the desk which I will live at. :lol: I love books though, I hate leaving bookshops. True. I can forsee my overdraft being well-used in the future. :tongue: I could always use a library, but where's the fun in that? What subjects are you retaking?

Doing what suits you best is the most important thing. Well, if the other uni's keep me waiting any longer I'll just tell them to sod off, really. I really do love UEA.

No actually, living in Scotland so I did Highers, which apparently is enough to get me in. Could've knocked me over with a feather. I was expecting a rather nasty conditional offer with my Advanced Highers (which are more like A-levels), so I'm really pleased. :smile:
Original post by James A
:hi: wallace and gromit fan!

im a formula one fan too :colone:

ah yay hello formula one fan. bet you must be gutted about the bbc/sky deal as well!
Reply 598
Hmm, I wonder if there are any "dispensable"-related puns out there...this requires some thinking. :lol:

I actually will. My friend predicted that I'll live there and end up sleeping with a pizza delivery guy just so he'll agree to deliver to the desk which I will live at. :lol: I love books though, I hate leaving bookshops. True. I can forsee my overdraft being well-used in the future. :tongue: I could always use a library, but where's the fun in that? What subjects are you retaking?

Doing what suits you best is the most important thing. Well, if the other uni's keep me waiting any longer I'll just tell them to sod off, really. I really do love UEA.

No actually, living in Scotland so I did Highers, which apparently is enough to get me in. Could've knocked me over with a feather. I was expecting a rather nasty conditional offer with my Advanced Highers (which are more like A-levels), so I'm really pleased. :smile:

I still have nothing, Pharmacy related puns are hard to come by! :frown:

Haha, well fair play to you and whoever the pizza guy is. :tongue: That's cool though, what kind of books are you into? What are you reading at the moment? :smile: Haha yeah, where;s the fun in getting books for free, when they're busting your overdraft, much better. :cool:

I'm just retaking a couple of modules in Chemistry and Biology. At the time they made me so stressful, looking back though, can't imagine doing anything else haha. :biggrin:

Patience is a virtue. :wink: Hang in there! Then you can get the awesome feeling of turning them down and be like, muhaha. Just me then. :frown: And wow, lucky as! Could just relax now :wink: Nah, still good though. If you applied to UEA what accom would you go for? :smile:
I wonder what the most interesting society is at UEA.

Latest

Trending

Trending