The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Liam93
Haha, no worries really, it's just about finding your limits and stuff and where you're happy to get to. :biggrin: The best place is the happy/talkative phase imo. :biggrin: It's alll good. Ohh dear, it happens to us all though at some point. :tongue: Nah just knowing your limits and stuff (and choosing to ignore them :colone: )

And yeah I can see your point but as you say, allows steady progression. And if you try and write a lot you'll just probably get writers block! Or maybe that's me. :s-smilie: But hey, just do them bit by bit, something may come of it one day!

Oh nice, you must be pretty good then!!! As I say, everyone is artsy compared to me haha. I've not done a play since year 6, LOL. So embarrassing looking back. :colondollar: So ahem, never again.

Wow, they have teams for specific courses? But sounds cool, definitely. :biggrin: And do it! What team do you think you'd get on/go for? p.s if you're forced to make on, make sure it's not shopping.
Haha, sport is perfect for that. Good times indeed. :colondollar:

Limits are a good thing to have, just say no right? :tongue:

lol i know all about writers block, we are old friends, go way back!!! its the worst thing in the world to get!! im just lucky that i have a ton of friends who will just radomly throw ideas at me until i hear that i either like, or is so ridiculous that it cures me :biggrin:

and i wouldnt say im tha good, i just love it! theres nothing better then being on stage, not even writing! i was going to be an actress, apply for muscial theatre at drama schools, but i gave up on that idea quite early on! and i bet you werent THAT bad, everyone can act, some people just do i better then others :wink:

yeah i think at the bigger universities that do that, but UEA is quite small so im not sure about it! on my open day i got a planner that has a page that lists all the clubs and societies on it, which has been helpful, ive gone and circled all the ones im intersted in :biggrin:

and though its tempting, no i will not be starting a shopping society! far to sex and the city for my liking!!!!!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
1 hour 40 minutes?! That's even worse than my school! And I thought 1 hour 20 minutes was bad. That's enough to make you fall asleep without another 20 minutes. Although I love chemistry. But nothing is fun first thing in the morning. I'm useless before half 10.

Oh my days it is horrendous. When the teacher just hands you out a booklet of notes and just starts talking ON AND ON AND ON about some chemistry, as much as I like the subject it is hard to listen to him, although he did discover his own compound...what a legend :P
Reply 782
Original post by GraemeLawd
Oh my DAYS that is impressive! Although sometimes in Re I can scrawl down 4 pages in 30mins but I need to know the stuff back to front! Typing essays is so much easier + I'm a quick typer makes life that bit easier tbh.

One huge advantage of Science is the lack of really long essays to write, max writing is about 1 pages :P

true sometimes i miss the days of like the one word answer questions that we'd get in science, but for nothing beats a good essay, i just love reading somehting over and thinking, yep that makes sense :colondollar:

yeah i mean if i was like constantly looking up quotes, or didnt know that material then it would take a little bit longer, but not much! youve got to be fast, ive got to be able to write a philosophy or ethics essay in forty five minutes, and an english essay in an hour! not to mention the history essays!!!! thank god we get to do our coursework at home!

and yeah im a vry fast typer as well! tend to type with my eyes closed, helps when i have a headache from looking at the screen too much :tongue:!!!
Original post by HanEps93
true sometimes i miss the days of like the one word answer questions that we'd get in science, but for nothing beats a good essay, i just love reading somehting over and thinking, yep that makes sense :colondollar:

yeah i mean if i was like constantly looking up quotes, or didnt know that material then it would take a little bit longer, but not much! youve got to be fast, ive got to be able to write a philosophy or ethics essay in forty five minutes, and an english essay in an hour! not to mention the history essays!!!! thank god we get to do our coursework at home!

and yeah im a vry fast typer as well! tend to type with my eyes closed, helps when i have a headache from looking at the screen too much :tongue:!!!

Awhh those still are the days at times, when you get 1 mark questions for 1 word or a really simple equation for like 3 marks its brilliant.
Quotes are the baine of my life, tertualian and Eusabius every 5 seconds in an essay :P. In Re we write 6 Essays in two hours which is gunna be pretty tough. Although one question you can basically prepare before the exam which is awesome.

I never look at the keyboard when I'm typing, puts me off too much haha. My typing improved loads when I tried to type the alphabet as quickly as possible, then I became pro :P
Reply 784
Oh my days it is horrendous. When the teacher just hands you out a booklet of notes and just starts talking ON AND ON AND ON about some chemistry, as much as I like the subject it is hard to listen to him, although he did discover his own compound...what a legend :P

My classes are 2 hours :smile:
Reply 785
Awhh those still are the days at times, when you get 1 mark questions for 1 word or a really simple equation for like 3 marks its brilliant.
Quotes are the baine of my life, tertualian and Eusabius every 5 seconds in an essay :P. In Re we write 6 Essays in two hours which is gunna be pretty tough. Although one question you can basically prepare before the exam which is awesome.

I never look at the keyboard when I'm typing, puts me off too much haha. My typing improved loads when I tried to type the alphabet as quickly as possible, then I became pro :P

loll thats a really good technique, i might try that to improve my own typing! im pretty good at not looking down, but i do have to every now and again!

HA!! no more one or three mark questions for me!!! the lowest mark i get is a 20 mark essay in history, and then it just goes up from there!

in my philosphy and ethics we have to write four, 35 mark, essays in three hours, a 1h30m for each subject! last year though we had to write eight essays in the same amount of time!

then for both english and history i have to write two essays in two hours! ugh not looking forward to exams!!!!! :s-smilie:
Original post by rayore
Yes !! Should be ! Our love for Organic Chemistry brings us together. I never spell 'Chemistry' with a small 'c' lol such a geek :tongue:

Hahaha. I never noticed that. Still, Organic Chemistry is brilliant.

Haha. My chemistry teacher is amazing. He'll put something up on the projector, talk about it for a bit, fire a couple of questions at us, then tease someone in the class and suggest we have a break. This is repeated several times a lesson. It's fantastic. Probably why I love chemistry. :tongue: Seriously? That's pretty cool.
Original post by Liam93
As someone who never has excelled at art (got no higher then 5% in all my art exams, true story.) So I have no idea what those day-long exams are like, but 3 hours seems scary enough for me. :tongue: That's nice, but then you have to wait a whole year! :eek: Then you get those people who bundle christmas presents and birthday presents as the same thing. Wait, I'm that guy. :frown: Nah I only do it to some people for jokes. :biggrin:

True, and they are right. No point getting a car, so expensive. Damn Insurance. :mad: And 'it's grey and it rains too much', can describe anywhere in the UK. :lol: Time to emmigrate!

Ahh choosing is half the battle. And I don't, but I love that kind of stuff, so would really love to learn. Yourself? And practice makes perfect. :biggrin: And it really is, at first I thought it sounded lame, but we tried it for part of this like inter-form competition
we kicked ass. :biggrin: Won overall too, wooooo. You should give it a go sometime. :tongue:

I didn't even take art, that's how bad I am at it. But my friends have had like, 5 hour art exams. I pity them.

I love my birthday where it is, December is such a month of merriment. :wink: Nobody's ever tried giving me joint presents actually, it's surprising. December birthdays are awesome, especially when it snows. When it rains it's just a bit crap.

Insurance is insane, I might as well walk everywhere really. :lol: Or cycle, singing the Pushbike song. :tongue: True, but the buildings are grey here as well, so it's extra grey. I'd emigrate to New Zealand if I could. I will eventually. :lol: Where would you escape to?

I hate choosing, I'm very indecisive. It's great fun, but maddeningly expensive. :tongue: Too lazy to practice half the time. That does sound really awesome. I'll have to try it sometime.
I am currently starting to freak out like an idiot. Due to an error with my UCAS application, my head of Sixth Form sent it late (in fact, it was sent on the 15th of January, to be more precise). And well, I am worried because I haven't heard any feedback yet from UEA, excluding that is, the acknowledgement email. I swear, the wait is just horrendous! :redface:
Original post by HyperInSugar
I am currently starting to freak out like an idiot. Due to an error with my UCAS application, my head of Sixth Form sent it late (in fact, it was sent on the 15th of January, to be more precise). And well, I am worried because I haven't heard any feedback yet from UEA, excluding that is, the acknowledgement email. I swear, the wait is just horrendous! :redface:

Don't worry- the deadline is midnight on the 15th January, so your application will still have been counted as on time. Also its only been a week since it was sent off, universities need time to read through applications.
Original post by jelly1000
Don't worry- the deadline is midnight on the 15th January, so your application will still have been counted as on time. Also its only been a week since it was sent off, universities need time to read through applications.

First of all, thank you for having the enough consideration to reply! :wink:

Secondly, I guess I am just a bit nervous when it comes to my university applications. To be honest, there are times in which I even doubt if I am good enough to be at least considered as a potential undergraduate student.
Original post by HyperInSugar
First of all, thank you for having the enough consideration to reply! :wink:

Secondly, I guess I am just a bit nervous when it comes to my university applications. To be honest, there are times in which I even doubt if I am good enough to be at least considered as a potential undergraduate student.

Don't say that! I'm sure you're good enough. Besides, if you hadn't applied you'd never know. Stay positive. :biggrin:
loll thats a really good technique, i might try that to improve my own typing! im pretty good at not looking down, but i do have to every now and again!

HA!! no more one or three mark questions for me!!! the lowest mark i get is a 20 mark essay in history, and then it just goes up from there!

in my philosphy and ethics we have to write four, 35 mark, essays in three hours, a 1h30m for each subject! last year though we had to write eight essays in the same amount of time!

then for both english and history i have to write two essays in two hours! ugh not looking forward to exams!!!!! :s-smilie:

Its cause my friend had a time and I was determined to beat him :P. The highest marked thing I do is in Re where there are 3 35 mark essays to write. Standard wee 2 page essay quoting all over the show. I don't think my hand could cope with 3 essay subjects.

A friend of mine got repetitive strain injury from writing too much, we give her so much death about it haha.

Have you had/have any modules in January?
Reply 794
Original post by jelly1000
the coursemates i know are all living with flatmates next year, im living with someone i met through some other people in my halls and a coursemate of hers. As far as the 4th housemate goes, we thought we had someone but she changed her mind at the last moment and we are meeting a potential replacement today to discuss things with him.

Oh dear, good luck though! Good though as it sounds like you've sorted it, I hope your house mates are better next year! :biggrin:
Original post by Liam93
Oh dear, good luck though! Good though as it sounds like you've sorted it, I hope your house mates are better next year! :biggrin:

yeah we've sorted it now- and i click with all of them a lot more than my current flatmates, we actually have things in common!
wow that actually sounds amazing! how did you ever figure out that was what you wanted to study???

I dunno, I've always been quite interested in weather processes, and one day I hope i can present the weather on the TV :L
Reply 797
Limits are a good thing to have, just say no right? :tongue:

lol i know all about writers block, we are old friends, go way back!!! its the worst thing in the world to get!! im just lucky that i have a ton of friends who will just radomly throw ideas at me until i hear that i either like, or is so ridiculous that it cures me :biggrin:

and i wouldnt say im tha good, i just love it! theres nothing better then being on stage, not even writing! i was going to be an actress, apply for muscial theatre at drama schools, but i gave up on that idea quite early on! and i bet you werent THAT bad, everyone can act, some people just do i better then others :wink:

yeah i think at the bigger universities that do that, but UEA is quite small so im not sure about it! on my open day i got a planner that has a page that lists all the clubs and societies on it, which has been helpful, ive gone and circled all the ones im intersted in :biggrin:

and though its tempting, no i will not be starting a shopping society! far to sex and the city for my liking!!!!!

Something like that! Unless you're a sucker to peer pressure. :tongue:

That's cool to have people who will give you ideas like that. :biggrin: I'll be sure to throw ideas at you now haha, no matter how ridiculous :biggrin:.

Fair enough, nothing like doing something you enjoy! And how come you gave up, if you dont mind me asking :smile: Haha, not sure. For year 6 I suppose it was alright, I was like lead, or joint lead, and on the first night I skipped many pages in one go. Woops. :colondollar: Oh well. You had any blunders to make myself feel better? :colone: Haha.

Ah that's handy and a good idea, I think I lost mine from last year though! FML. And I totally misread that last sentence. :lol: Oh dear
Reply 798
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I didn't even take art, that's how bad I am at it. But my friends have had like, 5 hour art exams. I pity them.

I love my birthday where it is, December is such a month of merriment. :wink: Nobody's ever tried giving me joint presents actually, it's surprising. December birthdays are awesome, especially when it snows. When it rains it's just a bit crap.

Insurance is insane, I might as well walk everywhere really. :lol: Or cycle, singing the Pushbike song. :tongue: True, but the buildings are grey here as well, so it's extra grey. I'd emigrate to New Zealand if I could. I will eventually. :lol: Where would you escape to?

I hate choosing, I'm very indecisive. It's great fun, but maddeningly expensive. :tongue: Too lazy to practice half the time. That does sound really awesome. I'll have to try it sometime.

Yeah, I didn't WANT to, it was compulsory up to the point I did it! :tongue: And yeah, I remember when my friends did it too. Oh well, their choice. :wink:

It may be much merriment, but you have to wait 12 months for it to come! :wink: A long wait some might say. And as you say, rain. :O But snow for christmas and birthday would be pretty epic tbh. That ever happened? Snowed for both?

Yeah, you think it's bad for you, imagine for us guys! It's :eek: Ridiculous! Enough rage from me though. Haha, I can semi-imagine that. You've got to do it now. Anndd similar ideas to you, but the big island to the left of NZ. :biggrin: Failing that, would go to NZ I imagine. Got to love watching some Wanted Down Under and thinking of the future, 'I'm moving there.' :colondollar: Ideally, anyway.

Likewise. Once I made the decision though, phew. Relief! And I can imagine. :frown: How expensive we talking? I'll get the eek smiley ready. :eek: But something to try though! And definitely. :smile:
Reply 799
Its cause my friend had a time and I was determined to beat him :P. The highest marked thing I do is in Re where there are 3 35 mark essays to write. Standard wee 2 page essay quoting all over the show. I don't think my hand could cope with 3 essay subjects.

A friend of mine got repetitive strain injury from writing too much, we give her so much death about it haha.

Have you had/have any modules in January?

oh dear! if i ever get repetitive strain injury, i think id die!!!!! but if a firend of mine got it, id probably take the mick out them too!!!!

haha nothing like a little friendly competition to improve your skills!!! theres this one girl in my class, we;re really good friends, but she beats me at everything!!!!! so it is my one aim in life to beat her at something, and so i end up working extra hard :P!

and no I AM SOOOO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive had no modules this january,cause none of my subjects are modular, and then i only have three exams in june, but they are hefty!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending