The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chrisawhitmore
Yes. We get menus delivered from about 6 different places, all of which deliver on orders over £7 and Dominos will deliver here until 5am.

so do they deliver to your halls or do you have to wait out in the cold at the main entrance ?

hmm 5am for dominos, i guess they must be the popular pizza choice
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 981
Original post by grooveshoeshine

Original post by grooveshoeshine
Hello, thought I would create a thread for us UEA applicants :smile:

If you want to discuss UEA, or put down what you're applying for I'll edit it in to this post

I'm hopefully going to be studying biomedicine!

CONDITIONAL OFFER, UNCONDITIONAL OFFER, DECLINED INTERVIEW

Accounting and Finance - itsbea, kersteelou
Actuarial Science - CloClo7, koko298
Adult Nursing - srutututu, LVN93, hannielou
American and English Literature - JustAlly
American History with Politics - alexinez
American Literature with Creative Writing - SJB, pagalini
Archaeology, Anthropology and Art History - Howie713
Biological Sciences - emmakh123, fayola1337, mintaltoids, ncfcdawson
Biomedicine - grooveshoeshine, katherine_b, Lott, Joseppea, JJMick, Holby_fanatic
Biochemistry - mobius323, beckiet1
Business Finance and Economics - amypapaaa
Business with Economics - Setsuna-F-Seiei
Chemistry - DoDoBeDo, mobius323
Child Nursing - gc15, daniroberts824
Computer Science - lizzxo
Computing for Business - ManUtdFan333
Computing Science w/ Foundation - lizzxo
Cross Cultural Communication with Business Management - tiffanyalicelai
Culture, Literature and Politics - Guygp, missdarcy
Drama - annnny
Economics - LukeWz, spyda666, gold.s19, beckiet1, jelllybaby
English - KingMessi HanEps93
English and American Literature - Gemma!:smile:
English and Creative Writing - HanEps93, hnorman, LoveErinxo, ThisLooksLikeFun:smile:
English Literature - HannahTheFauves, partickler, LoveErinxo, LittleMissCurious, jojayne, Zyrielle
English Literature and History - --Zoe
English Literature with American Studies Jasmine121193
Environmental Earth Science - seamushroom
Environmental Geology - hash007
Environmental Geophysics - ngray4
Environmental Science - ngray4
Financial Mathematics - cookies131
French - Kaylaleigh
History - Niki_girl, bron-winnie, Off_My_Planet, Katie_Saint
History and History of Art - philippaeloise
History and Politics - letsdothetimewarpagain, chocoholic., cjbrandish
International Development - Lottie18
International Development with Social Anthropology with Politics - Lottie18
International Relations and Politics - Guygp
Japanese and International Development - Pan-Asianism
Law - jessica.thomas, sgyanel
Law and American Law - ajira
Law with European Legal Systems - HyperInSugar
Literary Translation (MA) - Ahndiee
Literature and History - elwood, Captain Hindsight
Media and Politics - Ben,
Media Studies - loooochy, loupolou, LuckyBlackCat7
Medicine - Iaso, Joseppea, katherine_b, Lott
Medicine w/ foundation - Ally312
Microbiology - MJ1993
Midwifery - Sophie_Natasha
Modern History - Nibz93, Katerzzz
Modern Languages - boocat
Natural Sciences - Minnie46
Occupational Therapy - Jadelyndsey, The_AntJohnson, 05keenhannah
PE and Sport - nickyhk
Pharmacy - aspirinpharmacist, GraemeLawd, QueenVic92, James A, violarose, sultryabyss, RosePetal
Philosophy - sclez1, REHW
Philosophy and English Literature - wisey9 HanEps93
Philosophy and Film Studies Jad232
Physical Education and Sport - nickyhk, Prguitar
Physiotherapy - BennyBlanco1
Politics - Obfuscator, IB_19, khaiser turian
Politics and International Relations - Guygp
Politics, Philosophy and Economics - wemeetagain, Mishmashmoo, mono217
Politics with Economics - katielou1993
Psychology - misslaura_bee, Converse, JustSayin', ZeedyA, laauurraa, Jess Holly, Jessca
Science Foundation - chicagowonderland, medusa cascade, jdinsaanen
Script Writing and Performance - icbilling
Society, Media and Culture - Malugani
Speech and Language Therapy - juliewho, naomiele, creigiaugirl, SpeechieToBe, mizzmarsh
Translation, Media, and French and Japanese - nutter_butter93
Translation, Media and Japanese and Japanese, Film and TV - Ahotaru

If I've missed anything out/put it in wrong let me know :smile: Btw where people are applying for year abroad etc I haven't included it as it will take too long!

American & English Literature :smile:
Original post by James A
so do they deliver to your halls or do you have to wait out in the cold at the main entrance ?

hmm 5am for dominos, i guess they must be the popular pizza choice

They'll come to your flat. And Dominos give out loads of vouchers at freshers fair (and some free slices) so they're pretty popular.
(edited 12 years ago)
They'll come to your flat. And Dominos give out loads of vouchers at freshers fair (and some free slices) so they're pretty popular.

ah i see. im actually surprised a go karting club or society hasn't been made. i think i might make one and see if i can get 20 people (thats what my interviewer told me ) to join.

are you into go karts or do you know people who are into go karts?
Reply 984
Does anyone know what the Nightlife is like? Is it just like in the Uni, or do people venture out into Norwich too?
Original post by James A
ah i see. im actually surprised a go karting club or society hasn't been made. i think i might make one and see if i can get 20 people (thats what my interviewer told me ) to join.

one of my friends works at a go kart track near her home
Original post by BellaJ
Does anyone know what the Nightlife is like? Is it just like in the Uni, or do people venture out into Norwich too?

its not bad for a small city and yes people venture out. mon,wed, thurs and fri a lot of people venture out. the main nights are
-mon- Tao- v.popular, usually long queues, guestlists all over fb
wed- lola los kitsch
thurs- lola los fat popadaddy - again for both lola lo's nights there are guestlists all over fb
or tao
fri- propaganda at project

There is also a 'new' club Kartel (its an old one reopened with a different name) which has started nights recently as well as a number of small/alternative clubs- such as the loft and the birdcage
Original post by BellaJ

Tends to vary night to night. The LCR gets the majority on Tuesday and Saturday, but the rest of the week people tend to go to other clubs. (Norwich has a respectable selection, but i'm probably not the best one to weigh up the relative merits as I don't like clubs)
Reply 988
Original post by aspirinpharmacist

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Right, I succumbed to procrastination and I'm back after all!! :biggrin: :lol:

Haha, nice one. Why did I never think of things like this? Oh yeah, cos my exams are stupid and we don't get to think for ourselves until 6th year. Hmm. I love the books, so much. Really? I actually preferred the second one. Sherlock looked so sad that Watson was leaving him. :frown: Plus as much as I love Mark Strong as an actor (and I really do), Moriarty is a much more interesting opponent for Sherlock than Blackwood. But Moriarty was way more fun in the TV series. Or maybe that was because he was Irish...not sure.

I haven't yet. I really should one day. Ah, Charlie. If I ever meet him, I'm forcing him to marry me. I assume then that you've listened to some of Chameleon Circuit's awesome music? I love Chameleon Circuit. :love:

Haha! I've always had a girlcrush on Amy as well. More on River though. I wish I was River. I mean, marrying the Doctor, who wouldn't? I don't know, I preferred Rory once he stood up for himself more, then he and Amy become more equal. Oh, and he's much kinder than the Doctor.

YES! OMG, it was amazing!!!! Ok, fangirl obsessive bit over. Yes, seriously, wow. Such a brilliant film. And of course, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. :love: Slight girl crush on Ellen Page as well. Have you ever watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy? I was watching it the other day. Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth, Mark Strong (tragic bromance there) Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, more brilliant actors who I can't be bothered to list...the film made me cry, but the cast is epic.

Oh, The Holy Grail is by far the best. Well, I think so anyway.

Hahaha. Sounds brilliant. Well, a while ago my friend and I were watching Love Actually. My dad walks in to see if we need anything, slap bang in the middle of one of Martin Freeman's scenes (if you haven't seen it, you probably have, and if you haven't you definitely need to, but all his scenes more or less involve him pretending to have sex with a welsh girl, they're stand-ins for "real actors" :lol:). I didn't want to pause it cos, well, that would be even more awkward, so they were just...:colone:and my friend and I were :colondollar: and my dad was like :colonhash: and then he walked out. :rofl:

haha yeah, the bromance in the second one is truly epic...although I also loved it in the first one when Holmes feel asleep on Watson's shoulder C:

Irish~ :biggrin: no words needed there! There's a fair few great Irish actors floating around at the moment, it's great.

CHAMELEON CIRCUIT? :biggrin: I love them! I loved the first album, but I've actually ended up preferring "Still Got Legs," especially 'still not ginger!' :biggrin:

River is awesome. And yeah, I agree with Rory being kinder than the Doctor, although I still sympathise with the Doctor because of the Time War and everything...he can be seriously nasty sometimes, but at least he has the ~motivation? (not sure, though, because Eleven seems waaaaay less affected than Ten, which was a bit of a disappointment for me - I mean, Gallifrey? So many unanswered questions!)

Awww, no. I really wanted to see it but I couldn't get anyone to go with me...

I've not seen that one either, although I've heard good things about it. But...Martin Freeman...I might just be tempted enough by that... :biggrin:

Hey, have you applied for accommodation yet? I have to admit that I was quite surprised how easy it was, though I hope they're a little quicker in replying this time (it took UEA three months to send me an offer).
Original post by pagalini
haha yeah, the bromance in the second one is truly epic...although I also loved it in the first one when Holmes feel asleep on Watson's shoulder C:

Irish~ :biggrin: no words needed there! There's a fair few great Irish actors floating around at the moment, it's great.

CHAMELEON CIRCUIT? :biggrin: I love them! I loved the first album, but I've actually ended up preferring "Still Got Legs," especially 'still not ginger!' :biggrin:

River is awesome. And yeah, I agree with Rory being kinder than the Doctor, although I still sympathise with the Doctor because of the Time War and everything...he can be seriously nasty sometimes, but at least he has the ~motivation? (not sure, though, because Eleven seems waaaaay less affected than Ten, which was a bit of a disappointment for me - I mean, Gallifrey? So many unanswered questions!)

Awww, no. I really wanted to see it but I couldn't get anyone to go with me...

I've not seen that one either, although I've heard good things about it. But...Martin Freeman...I might just be tempted enough by that... :biggrin:

Hey, have you applied for accommodation yet? I have to admit that I was quite surprised how easy it was, though I hope they're a little quicker in replying this time (it took UEA three months to send me an offer).

you wont hear what halls you have until after your place has been confirmed. what did you put?
Reply 990
Anyone going for the open day thing on 21st of March? American & English Literature??
Unconditional for International Relations and Modern History
Original post by markcarrington
Unconditional for International Relations and Modern History

feel free to ask any questions about both- i do IR at UEA and i took a modern history elective last semester
Original post by James A

Aww man that would be an brilliant soc. Although I think the problem you may have is the lack of facilities, and transportation to whereever in Norfolk.

Dellacasa > Dominos! lol So much cheaper than Dominos and their pizzas are nicer too. Still have all of the vouchers from Dominos from the freshers fair.

Oh and I swear if I catch the eejit who posts the Mr Pizza/Earlham Pizza? (the yellow/green one) leaflets in our block, I will use them as ammo against them. They slide like 20 of them under our flat door. Or if our flat door is open they'll just chuck them all over the corridor outside my room/the kitchen, or under our doors. :l
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by makingamemory
Aww man that would be an brilliant soc. Although I think the problem you may have is the lack of facilities, and transportation to whereever in Norfolk.

Dellacasa > Dominos! lol So much cheaper than Dominos and their pizzas are nicer too. Still have all of the vouchers from Dominos from the freshers fair.

Oh and I swear if I catch the eejit who posts the Mr Pizza/Earlham Pizza? (the yellow/green one) leaflets in our block, I will use them as ammo against them. They slide like 20 of them under our flat door. Or if our flat door is open they'll just chuck them all over the corridor outside my room/the kitchen, or under our doors. :l

Yeah, we're ground floor so we could basically wallpaper our corridor with the amount of Earlham Pizza and club fliers that get shoved under the door.
Yeah, we're ground floor so we could basically wallpaper our corridor with the amount of Earlham Pizza and club fliers that get shoved under the door.

Ground floor too. It was funny one time because I went into the kitchen for a drink and there were a pile of Mr Pizza ones on the floor. Came back out of the kitchen and they had been removed and replaced by the Earlham Pizza ones.
Reply 996
Original post by jelly1000
yes i have, mainly for the quiz night on sunday.

there's a quiz night?!?!?!?!

this uni is too perfect.

waaaah trying to decide what accommodation I want at the moment! Do you have any wise words in regards to halls?
Reply 997
hi has anyone had interview yet? sent of 2nd ref at xmas but no word sine, really wanna go uea
Original post by chavalis

this uni is too perfect.

waaaah trying to decide what accommodation I want at the moment! Do you have any wise words in regards to halls?

Usually on a Sunday night at the Blue Bar.

the Village :wink:
Original post by chavalis

this uni is too perfect.

yep, most sundays in the blue bar from 8-10ish (get there earlier to get a seat though, its very popular in the first few weeks of term).

as far as halls go, I know people in all of them apart from Orwell/Wolfson and and they all love where they are. think about your budget and how important or not having an ensuite is to you, or if being on campus is your top priority.

Latest

Trending

Trending