The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CloClo7
Its just between Kent and UEA tbh....really am torn between the two!

Took me ages to decide where I wanted to go, but I'm pretty sure I've picked the right place. Still, don't think you have to reply until the 9th of May so you've got aaaaaaages.

*whispers* Pick UEA, Pick UEA, Pick UEA :ninja:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by CloClo7
Its just between Kent and UEA tbh....really am torn between the two!

Have you been to visit both? I went to both my firm and insurance twice before I finally decided between them as I couldn't. Even made a pros-cons list for both. I think I would have been happy at Bham too, not sure I would have enjoyed the course as much though. Then again I would have asked to transfer to Geography and Geology/straight physical geography. In the end after weighing it up, UEA was so much cheaper than bham and I rathered the course so it won. But that's how I decided.

A lot of my school went to Kent and they enjoy it, it is a good uni. They just find accommodation expensive. You have until...May? Don't rush into it, make sure you choose the best place for you.
Reply 1102
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I love my t-shirts. :biggrin: I also have one that says "Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors." :cool: Well, I can probably manage ordinary biscuits, we make them every christmas. My friend makes these bloody amazing cupcakes, they're a nightmare to do but she basically makes ordinary ones, splits it into seven bowls and puts different food colouring in each one, then layers it. They're fantastic. :biggrin:

Haha, that would be brilliant! You should do that. I saw a bunch of students camping in the middle of Norwich last weekend, can't remember why they were there though, I was focussed on the statue of a giant brain that was right next to them. :lol: I'm not really fussed about where I live to be honest, they all seem great so I don't care.

my friend has a couple of really cool tshirts! one says 'dont worry pluto im not a planet either' and the other says 'i only like NY as a friend!' i think their pretty cool :biggrin:
i love baking, but i try not to do it too often since you know majorly unhealthy and all that, espeically if youre like me and you have to lick the bowl clean! but i can just imagine myself on the first day of uni baking cookies and taking them around the apartments, bribing people to be my friends :P

unfortunately i do hate camping! so i dont think that it would work for me in the long term! i didnt know you actually went to Norwich! how did you like it??? obviously since youve firmed UEA but yeah :P!!!
Reply 1103
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Yay! Pretty sure that now takes the numbers up to...4. :lol: And all girls. Way to break the stereotype. :cool:

whose the forth girl???? :P oh and Jess Holly welcome to the club :biggrin:!!
Original post by HanEps93
my friend has a couple of really cool tshirts! one says 'dont worry pluto im not a planet either' and the other says 'i only like NY as a friend!' i think their pretty cool :biggrin:
i love baking, but i try not to do it too often since you know majorly unhealthy and all that, espeically if youre like me and you have to lick the bowl clean! but i can just imagine myself on the first day of uni baking cookies and taking them around the apartments, bribing people to be my friends :P

unfortunately i do hate camping! so i dont think that it would work for me in the long term! i didnt know you actually went to Norwich! how did you like it??? obviously since youve firmed UEA but yeah :P!!!

Haha, brilliant. My friend has one (and I've discovered that the lovely Tom Felton also has one :coma:) that says "Applecrumble and Fish" which I love. Really want one. :biggrin: Ah, my mum is seriously into baking so I've been a guinea pig for years. Can't bake that well myself, but I am a pro at eating the cake mix with a spoon. I actually laughed when our Home Ec teacher at school told us we would get ill if we did that. I was like "No, you won't." Or maybe I'm immune. You'd be amazed by how popular you can become if you have cake. My mum used to send me off with extra caramel shortbread or whatever because she'd made too much, and everyone wanted to be my friend, for about 5 minutes. It was funny. :lol:

I don't hate camping as such, I just hate waking up in a tent. Bleugh.

Yep, went last weekend. :biggrin: LOVE IT. (Felt capital letters were required). It's so cute. Think I firmed UEA just so I could go back and explore more of the adorable side-streets. :lol:
whose the forth girl???? :P oh and Jess Holly welcome to the club :biggrin:!!

pagalini, she's mysteriously vanished but I know I saw her a couple of days back. :lol:
Reply 1106
Original post by RalphsDisciple
Ahhh, which one were you? I was on the row opposite the lecturer, long red hair and I had a navy striped cardi on. I don't believe I said anything in the session (that will not be the case in September, trust me :P). I know. I'm literally SO excited I can hardly contain myself.

Yes I know who you were :smile:
I was sat next to Hannah who you've also been talking to on here. I wore a pinky, purple scarf and have long brownish hair, I was also sat next to Beth, and Louis the english students already there.
Yeah I bet we will all say alot more in September! :biggrin: Very excited for it! :biggrin:
Reply 1107
hi! i think im going to go for the ensuite premium as my first choice, and then the enuite in the village and the ziggurats as my second and third choice! id be pretty happy in any of them to be honest!

i know i hated having to wait for offers! i got so fed up with waiting for bristol that i just withdrew! but it didnt really matter to me since i knew that i didnt want to go anywhere else but UEA!

how many unis are you waiting to here from again? :biggrin:

Cool, I'm now thinking of applying for accomodation but don't know what to choose. Obviously having an ensuit would be very nice. But I don't know what the bathroom facilities are like for the standard singles. Did you look round those? Were they alright?

Lol well if you know you're going there then no point waiting for Bristol. I'm waiting for English Literature from UEA and English Language and Literature from Nottingham... Can't believe how long its all took!
Original post by hnorman
Cool, I'm now thinking of applying for accomodation but don't know what to choose. Obviously having an ensuit would be very nice. But I don't know what the bathroom facilities are like for the standard singles. Did you look round those? Were they alright?

Lol well if you know you're going there then no point waiting for Bristol. I'm waiting for English Literature from UEA and English Language and Literature from Nottingham... Can't believe how long its all took!

you cant apply for accomodation at UEA til after you've made it your firm (in case you didn't know). As far as the bathrooms are like, I can't speak for Orwell or Woolfson (other than you dont get a sink in your room), but with Norfolk/Suffolk you get a sink in your room, and then from what i remember two showers in seperate rooms (could be more) plus a toilet cubicle. There is another toilet but I cant remember where it is. Sorry for being a bit vague about that. The showers and toilet are cleaned twice a week and people I know living there say because of different timetables they rarely if ever have to wait to use the showers. Also the showers are in proper cubicles, unlike in the ensuites where you don't get the slidey doors.
Original post by hnorman
Yes I know who you were :smile:
I was sat next to Hannah who you've also been talking to on here. I wore a pinky, purple scarf and have long brownish hair, I was also sat next to Beth, and Louis the english students already there.
Yeah I bet we will all say alot more in September! :biggrin: Very excited for it! :biggrin:

I remember you :smile:
It's great to get to talk to people who'll be on the course too! Where else did you apply?
Reply 1110
How long does it takes for them to give you offer or declined you after the interview? :confused: anyone knows?
Original post by koko298
How long does it takes for them to give you offer or declined you after the interview? :confused: anyone knows?

It depends which school you're applying for. They'll probably wait until all interviews are over so they can pool everyone equally. Given that it's now near the end of February I shouldn't think they'd take too long to let you know now.
Original post by koko298

at my interview they said two weeks but lots of people heard after 1 week :smile:
Reply 1113
Original post by 05keenhannah
at my interview they said two weeks but lots of people heard after 1 week :smile:

Original post by Hazular
It depends which school you're applying for. They'll probably wait until all interviews are over so they can pool everyone equally. Given that it's now near the end of February I shouldn't think they'd take too long to let you know now.

Thank you! I fell in love with UEA. If I can't get in there, I would be devastated :'|
yay! all us firmers :biggrin: i had to email them and they sent me the accommdation link, but i havent filled it out yet! where have you applied to live, if you dont mind me asking!:biggrin:

My first choice is the ensuite on the student village, I thought it loked comfy and sharing with less people would be nicer :smile: Then the ensuite on campus is my second choice. What are you thinking of applying for?
Original post by koko298
I fell in love with UEA. If I can't get in there, I would be devastated :'|

Me too :')
Reply 1116
Officially just firmed UEA :smile:
Original post by ThisLooksLikeFun:)
My first choice is the ensuite on the student village, I thought it loked comfy and sharing with less people would be nicer :smile: Then the ensuite on campus is my second choice. What are you thinking of applying for?

Brilliant choice :wink:
Reply 1118
Original post by ThisLooksLikeFun:)

i applied friday night :biggrin:! i put the ensuite on campus as my first choice, tenthe ensuite in the village, then the ziggurats! i didnt like the fact that you had to order all seven accomotion types though, i would rather they just ask us to put down our top three or something!

the village may have been my first choice, but i never actually got to see it, so i thought it best to put down something i knew i liked for my first choice! :biggrin:
Reply 1119
Original post by hnorman

shame you have to wait for those, its so annoying about that finance thing, but at least you get to apply twice for UEA now :biggrin:!

yeah i havent actually seen the standard singles, since i never made it to the village, but the difference is that in the standard singles the bathroom is a wetroom, which means that the whole room is waterproof, and so the shower isnt sectioned off, apart from a curtain probably! my sister, and my firend in exeter had one of those, and im not opposed to them, but i do prefer the bathrooms in the campus ones, but an ensuites an ensuite i guess!!! you should so apply for accommodation! even if you dont get it, at least youll have applied :biggrin:!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending