The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I know. :love: I've only seen a little bit, so much exploring to do when I get there! :biggrin: Really looking forward to going. But I'm looking forward to the last few months of school as well.

Also, saw your earlier post. I'm putting the Village down as my first choice too. :biggrin:

Yeah I think at the end of the day all students are going to be skint, as my job have said i can carry on with them with some part time work, I think I'll go with Village. How exciting! I bought some bleach today, to put in my "stuff I'll need for uni" box haha.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 1161
Anyone made UEA their firm choice for pharmacy or any science course yet? :rolleyes:
Reply 1162
I never got to see the accommodations. I came too late on the visit day. so, please put some pictures up! :biggrin: Thank you in advanced :biggrin: :hugs:
Original post by 05keenhannah
Has anyone else applied to UEA for OT? I have put it as my firm....wondering who else is hopefully going :smile: :smile: xxx

Yes I got an offer for OT, 99.9% sure it will be my firm choice:smile:
Reply 1164
Everyone raves about the ensuite in the village so that's what I'm putting as my first. Plus it'll give me slightly more exercise having to walk from there. :lol: Try and stop myself becoming obese.

haha yeah i've heard alot about the village too! i put ensuite camps as my first and the village as my second :smile:
Reply 1165
I like the sound of norfolk/suffolk terrace :smile: have heard lots of good things about them :smile:
but my second choice would be the ensuite...dont think i want to be in the village
xx

hey, my first choice is the ensuite on campus and my second is the village but really hope i get the accomodation on campus xx
Reply 1166
Applied for accommodation now :smile: My slightly smaller maintenance loan means I'd be in a better financial position if I got the standard on campus, but it still looks great all the same. :smile:
Original post by SalC
Yeah I think at the end of the day all students are going to be skint, as my job have said i can carry on with them with some part time work, I think I'll go with Village. How exciting! I bought some bleach today, to put in my "stuff I'll need for uni" box haha.

Pretty much a given really. That's good news though. :biggrin: Might see if I can manage a part time job during uni, not sure how big the workload is for pharmacy. We'll see. Ha, my mum's already working out things I'll need to take with me, while I'm trying to solve the dilemma of how to decorate my room when I can't have my usual assortment of wall hangings. :lol: I might end up with a jungle of pot plants.
Original post by mizzmash
haha yeah i've heard alot about the village too! i put ensuite camps as my first and the village as my second :smile:

Think the village will be my first, standard premium for my second and standard campus for my third. :smile:
Original post by PaulLampeter
Yes I got an offer for OT, 99.9% sure it will be my firm choice:smile:

awesome :biggrin:
im so excited!!
Reply 1170
Pretty much a given really. That's good news though. :biggrin: Might see if I can manage a part time job during uni, not sure how big the workload is for pharmacy. We'll see. Ha, my mum's already working out things I'll need to take with me, while I'm trying to solve the dilemma of how to decorate my room when I can't have my usual assortment of wall hangings. :lol: I might end up with a jungle of pot plants.

Haha me too, I'm very excited to have cushions and throws and pictures everywhere. Although everyone says the rooms are a lot smaller than you expect!
Reply 1171
Does anyone know anything about the Horse Riding group at UEA? I e-mailed the address on the union website but no reply yet. I know they compete in BUCS but just wondering how active it is and how many members there are etc :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SalC
Haha me too, I'm very excited to have cushions and throws and pictures everywhere. Although everyone says the rooms are a lot smaller than you expect!

That's not my problem so much as the fact that nearly everything is a fire hazard. :lol: But there will be ways to decorate rooms without that, because otherwise I'll be bored. Need a really epic duvet really.
How long after firming the offer did everyone get their UEA Application number? I firmed it over a week ago but I haven't got anything yet. Does it come through the post/email/carried by pigeons?
Reply 1174
How long after firming the offer did everyone get their UEA Application number? I firmed it over a week ago but I haven't got anything yet. Does it come through the post/email/carried by pigeons?

Mine was on my offer letter...i haven't had anything from UEA after firming them...not sure we will!
its something to do with having longer terms...we are still at uni when other people have broken up because AHP and Med terms are longer. they dont want us left all alone in a big empty flat! would be kinda creepy :s so they stick us together with other ahp students so we dont get lonely :smile: :smile:

xx

Aw that's actually lovely :biggrin: Making me love UEA more and more.

Also can I just ask, which halls can we apply to? Every time I click into the page for Med etc it keeps coming up saying that the page doesn't exist. Very odd!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SalC
Does anyone know anything about the Horse Riding group at UEA? I e-mailed the address on the union website but no reply yet. I know they compete in BUCS but just wondering how active it is and how many members there are etc :smile:

Oh my goodness I would love to join this group! I was just thinking that I would love to take up my riding again when I get to UEA. Very interested to hear about it :smile: I've been out for about 3 years its just too expensive over here. 28euro for 45 mins and I think they've put up prices since I was there :s-smilie:
Reply 1177
Original post by perri winkles
Oh my goodness I would love to join this group! I was just thinking that I would love to take up my riding again when I get to UEA. Very interested to hear about it :smile: I've been out for about 3 years its just too expensive over here. 28euro for 45 mins and I think they've put up prices since I was there :s-smilie:

Yeah I'm hoping to carry it on, I'm having lessons again at the moment after being out for a few years also, I had my own horse but it was just too much over my GCSE's. Where abouts are you? It's £21 for an hour where I go, I go fortnightly and sacrifice a night out that weekend!

You're also applying for SLT aren't you? I found this link about the accomodation... you said it wasn't working for you but it was for me :smile:

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate-accommodation/med-ahp-nsc
Original post by boocat
Mine was on my offer letter...i haven't had anything from UEA after firming them...not sure we will!

Hmm. Well, I wonder where my offer letter is. :lol: Hoping it's on the notice board. Failing that, my cat ate it.
Reply 1179
Hey, I cleverly booked transport and accommodation to go down for one of the history open days before checking if there were actually any spaces left on it (which there wasn't) so now I'm missing it because I can't really afford to go down again. I was just wondering if I'll miss much? I'm still going down the day I've booked so at least I can see the city but in terms of the actual course/official accommodation tour will I miss much? Thanks :smile:

Latest