The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Thanks for remembering! :biggrin: They went really well so I'm really happy. Had a dance around my living room for a while. Hope everyone else gets really good news on the 16th as well!! :biggrin: Still slightly hyper. :tongue:

well done :biggrin:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 1781
Original post by MJ1993
What is the Access course? My offer is ABB so I've put UEA as my insurance, not too confident on even getting those grades though tbh D: Have you spoke to the uni? I heard that once you get results you can call them to talk about your offer. Has your UCAS changed yet?

It's what mature students need to complete in order to get in to uni. Kind of like refreshing your A levels. I spoke to admissions and they told me that I would have to wait for clearing, so I'm now stressing big time as I really want to go to UEA. My UCAS has remained the same.

I hope you get the uni you want :smile:. What is your first choice?
Original post by jelly1000
well done :biggrin:

Thanks. :biggrin:
Reply 1783
Original post by virology
It's what mature students need to complete in order to get in to uni. Kind of like refreshing your A levels. I spoke to admissions and they told me that I would have to wait for clearing, so I'm now stressing big time as I really want to go to UEA. My UCAS has remained the same.

I hope you get the uni you want :smile:. What is your first choice?

My first choice is Nottingham :biggrin: but they want AAB D: so the chances of me getting in are very slim :/
I'm sure you'll get in then, if they have said you have to wait until clearing it must mean they'll be places in clearing for the course this year :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
My offer has just updated to unconditional on UCAS! YAY UEA here I come! :smile:

Best of luck to all of those still awaiting results, only one more week. I hope to see you all there in September. :smile:
Original post by SuperCat007
My offer has just updated to unconditional on UCAS! YAY UEA here I come! :smile:

Best of luck to all of those still awaiting results, only one more week. I hope to see you all there in September. :smile:

Did you get an email to notify you?

Original post by Andrew1994
Did you get an email to notify you?

Yeah I did. But mine took a week to update! UEA confirmed it last Wednesday!
Reply 1787
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll do great. :biggrin:

Thanks. :smile: Only 6 days now!
I'm more anxious to find out, as opposed to feeling nervous; I wish results day would hurry up already. :biggrin:
I'm planning to buy a printer for September in the next few days. I'm going to study medicine and I'm unsure as to whether I'd be best getting a laser printer or a 3 in 1. Are there facilities to do copying and scanning in the library? I wouldn't have thought I'd be doing a lot of copying so if a copier is readily available in the library then I'd go for a laser.

Original post by platty1907
I'm planning to buy a printer for September in the next few days. I'm going to study medicine and I'm unsure as to whether I'd be best getting a laser printer or a 3 in 1. Are there facilities to do copying and scanning in the library? I wouldn't have thought I'd be doing a lot of copying so if a copier is readily available in the library then I'd go for a laser.

Yeah there's everything in the library, so you're probably best off with a laser. I'm two years in and yet to use anything other than a printer.

On a side note, what made you choose UEA over all your other offers?
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Yeah there's everything in the library, so you're probably best off with a laser. I'm two years in and yet to use anything other than a printer.

On a side note, what made you choose UEA over all your other offers?

Oh right, I'll go for a laser then :biggrin:

It was a combination of things really. Getting to see patients almost straight away was a big plus. I also like how you're learning the theory every year, whereas at some universities (e.g. HYMS) you just disappear for 2 or 3 years and spend all your time in the hospital. It was only when I went on the post-offer open day that a really understood how great PBL was and how it worked exactly. Plus Norwich is lovely. I was in Norwich yesterday and will be there again tomorrow, my auntie and uncle live about half an hour south of Norwich where I'm staying for a few days :biggrin:

It was a combination of those reasons as opposed to just one so now I can't wait :biggrin:
I know this is a bit of a random question, but does anyone have any recommendation for some cheap and relatively small-ish printers, ideal for uni? I already have a printer but I swear to god it hasn't actually printed anything for me in the past year despite having brand new cartridges.
Hi, I'm Briony. I'm gonna be studying biochemistry, got an unconditional cos I'm on a gap year atm. Gonna be living in Orwell Close, anyone else on my course/in my halls?

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I am SO excited for the Harry Potter night oh my gosh.

Original post by StefanieLouise
I know this is a bit of a random question, but does anyone have any recommendation for some cheap and relatively small-ish printers, ideal for uni? I already have a printer but I swear to god it hasn't actually printed anything for me in the past year despite having brand new cartridges.

i have the same question too... and do we really need a printer? would the ones in the library be really really busy all the time?
Reply 1795
I've applied too. Can't wait! Hehe, and hopefully, after we get our results, we can all celebrate as studious ladies and fellows :biggrin:
Reply 1796
Original post by StefanieLouise

Asda has some good cheap ones, and many: http://direct.asda.com/Printers/40610,default,sc.html :smile:
Reply 1797
Original post by Ida.H
I feel really lucky as I received my results in late June! haha
Got my unconditional offer for BA Translation, Media and Japanese, which was my firm, so I'm just waiting for an accommodation offer now :biggrin:

Good luck to you all! x

Oooh, well done!

Loving the picture. Fight Club! Like, my favourite book/film ever. :colondollar:
Original post by EpheLuwe
Oooh, well done!

Loving the picture. Fight Club! Like, my favourite book/film ever. :colondollar:

Fight Club is awesome. Have you read anything else by Chuck Palahniuk? A lot of his books are really great.

Original post by maivi.dang
i have the same question too... and do we really need a printer? would the ones in the library be really really busy all the time?

Well, I don't know if it's the same for UEA, but last year it did seem quite a lot of fuss to print one essay - walk to library, find computer, log on etc etc, then wait ages because someone else is printing off a mammoth document on the printer you need. That's why this year I'm just going to get a cheap one to use.

Original post by EpheLuwe
Asda has some good cheap ones, and many: http://direct.asda.com/Printers/40610,default,sc.html :smile:

Thanks! I'll give them a look. I mainly just want one that I know is reliable and will actually print when it has ink.

Latest

Trending

Trending