The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
alexcutts
I'm curious about the topic title - you seem to be suggesting that labour is eroding our security and freedom - but I thought that the whole point of the terror laws, identity cards and other 'erosion of freedoms' was to increase security...
I can't remember who said it, but

"anyone who accepts cuts in their liberties in order to preserve security doesn't deserve either".
Reply 41
"anyone who accepts cuts in their liberties in order to preserve security doesn't deserve either".

That's a paraphrasing of Benjamin Franklin,

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Reply 42
Speleo
That's a paraphrasing of Benjamin Franklin,

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
That's what I was looking for!

Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 43
The National ID card was defeated in Parliment, but it is still going ahead, despite the secrecy surrounding its cost. That should be enough to make everyone in the United Kingdom VERY worried.

With this one card, you become a posession of the government.

I, for one, will refuse to have one, despite the fact they will charge "hefty fines" for evasion of not having a ID card.

Why should i? Im not doing anything wrong. I have the right to exsist peacefully, and im not connected to any terrorism. Whats more, the card wont even prevent terrorism, its simply a huge waste of tax payers money, and is the beginning of total enslavement.

Latest

Trending

Trending