The Student Room Group

What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by callum9999

Product Red is small scale and seems to be more about PR considering it's absolutely ridiculous advertising cost vs. funds raised ratio. Don't get me wrong, it's great they are doing something, but it's a pitiful amount given their size.

I don't hate or dislike Steve Jobs, but he has done virtually nothing for charity despite being abnormally wealthy, and his company uses virtual slave labour to build their products despite making a huge profit on them. As such I have zero respect for him.

Was about to say this. Also he exploited the laws in the US to get himself a liver transplant ahead of others, he bought houses in 13 different states so he could register on their transplant lists.
Reply 21
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larahoffmans/2011/10/06/the-charity-of-steve-jobs/

and didn't make public charity donations, he still could have but been modest we don't know for sure if he did or didn't give to charity.
Reply 22
Original post by CombineHarvester
Was about to say this. Also he exploited the laws in the US to get himself a liver transplant ahead of others, he bought houses in 13 different states so he could register on their transplant lists.

hey if i could do that if i needed a liver i would, just wanted to live
You're still Apple bashing?

Maybe it's time to chill.
The article in my signature is a pretty good read on this topic.
The lack of philanthropy is quite disgusting, actually.

And I agree, he wasn't an amazing, kind person who did wonders for the world, for god-sake.
Original post by CondensedMilk
Steve jobs couldn't do this:

Ah damn...out of positive rep :frown:
Reply 27
Steve Jobs was just a guy who designed shiny things.
Yes, people love his shiny things, but the main tragedy is that he had so little time with his family after he left Apple.

At least, that's what I think becauase I've never owned an Apple product.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple
Dont speak Ill of the dead OP. Nobody is perfect. If you would have realised that then you would not have made this pointless thread.
How classy to attack a man who cannot now defend himself.
Original post by Red Lightning
Dont speak Ill of the dead OP. Nobody is perfect. If you would have realised that then you would not have made this pointless thread.

Why does him being dead suddenly dissolve him of all responsibility he had while he was alive? Does this irrational demand include murderers and rapists?
Original post by ckingalt
I just looked it up, Mother Teresa is estimated to have possibly saved as many as 100,000 lives in her good works.

Steve Jobs through Apple may have positively improved the lives (directly or indirectly) of up to 1,000,000,000 people.

Since Mother Teresa "saved" and Steve Jobs merely "improved" we will give Mother Teresa X 10 bonus points.

Steve Jobs still wins by a margin of 1000 to 1 over Mother Teresa.

When considering contribution value to the world; compared to Steve Jobs, Mother Teresa sucks!

What a terrible example.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She didn't save anyone. If anything she has the blood of millions on her hands.
Why does him being dead suddenly dissolve him of all responsibility he had while he was alive? Does this irrational demand include murderers and rapists?

*Sighs*Thats the dumbest thing I have heard. I cant be bothered to think of a response which counters your silly argument so this link can answer your question for you.

http://files.sharenator.com/TROLLING_RE_The_Meme_Team-s600x750-97874.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)

Almost as hilarious as your belief that you can't criticise someones actions after they die.
Original post by AmyTownshend

Original post by AmyTownshend
hey if i could do that if i needed a liver i would, just wanted to live

Well he didn't listen to the doctor and instead tried his own cure and when that failed and the cancer spread to his liver he queue jumped the waiting list just to extend his life slightly. The person who missed out could have missed out on many decades of their life.
Reply 36
Well, he's no Mother Theresa.
I like my iPod touch but I don't like the computers they are poncy and too expensive. I don't give two hoots about Steve jobs.
Reply 38
Original post by ckingalt
I just looked it up, Mother Teresa is estimated to have possibly saved as many as 100,000 lives in her good works.

Steve Jobs through Apple may have positively improved the lives (directly or indirectly) of up to 1,000,000,000 people.

Since Mother Teresa "saved" and Steve Jobs merely "improved" we will give Mother Teresa X 10 bonus points.

Steve Jobs still wins by a margin of 1000 to 1 over Mother Teresa.

When considering contribution value to the world; compared to Steve Jobs, Mother Teresa sucks!

your such a retard? - and im asking so dont report for offensiveness
Almost as hilarious as your belief that you can't criticise someones actions after they die.

speaking ill of someone who is dead is just as bad as speaking ill of someone who is still alive.Its a cowardly act.So,stop talking like a big-shot and understand that simple fact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending