The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214 Communication, Homeostasis and Energy Wed 25 Jan 2012

Ok guys, I failed miserably in june. I guess it was a lack of preparation. However I am now on my third year and want to achieve an A*. (i assumed ocr love plants and loads of questions on photosynthesis will come up!!!) They definitely proved me wrong.
So for January I thought I’d start my revision early.
How’s everyone else finding it so far?

If anyone has any other additional useful resources for F214 please feel free to share. So far i have found http://www.youtube.com/user/OCRBiologyAS#g/c/64BC58EC5F01F01A

Scroll to see replies

Didn’t see any threads on this exam so thought I’ll make one :biggrin: any revision tips or just general thoughts on the exam please post. :smile:
Reply 3
I'm dreading this exam even though I've started revision already.
Reply 4
i've revised all of respiration:smile:

btw is there any resit candidates here
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Respiration and photosynthesis are the most difficult for me, yet the most intresting :colone:
I have revised both of them so far, heading on to the other modules now. Only a few more days of the haf therm left!
Reply 6
Ive completed notes on respiration an photosynthesis to the max
And I've nearly finished excretion. Last year I started revision 2months before f211 and just scraped an A. Now I've started really early aiming for an A*. But its really hardwork :s-smilie:
Reply 7
I'll post some notes on Respiration and Photosynthesis soon, that's what most people seem to find tricky.
Reply 8
Original post by Fengeno
Ive completed notes on respiration an photosynthesis to the max
And I've nearly finished excretion. Last year I started revision 2months before f211 and just scraped an A. Now I've started really early aiming for an A*. But its really hardwork :s-smilie:

the problem i have is with the practical questions in the exam. i just cant answer them and my college isnt really helpful when it comes to practicals. i lost so many marks on the photosynthesis question in june 2011.
Reply 9
Original post by undertaker1
the problem i have is with the practical questions in the exam. i just cant answer them and my college isnt really helpful when it comes to practicals. i lost so many marks on the photosynthesis question in june 2011.

do you have the big ocr book with a brain on the front cover?
If you do make sure you don't skip the green pages as they are covered in the specifincation and they usually cover all the experiments.
Reply 10
Original post by Fengeno
do you have the big ocr book with a brain on the front cover?
If you do make sure you don't skip the green pages as they are covered in the specifincation and they usually cover all the experiments.

yeh i have, yet i really struggle on those questions for some reason. e.g. how can one make an experiment more reliable and precise. wtf. whats the difference lol. its just those sort of questions where i must do loads of past papers to tackle.
Reply 11
It's also a morning exam xD
Reply 12
has anyone got the june 11 paper for f214???
Reply 13
also found this thread its very useful: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1675994
has anyone got the june 11 paper for f214???

This. Same question. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Princess Kawaii
This. Same question. :smile:

i'll probz have it by monday
i'll probz have it by monday

let us know bro!
Reply 17
Does anyone know why the no. of ATP produced from NADH and FADH2 differ in almost every textbook?:confused:
My teacher said one reducedNAD makes 3, the CGP rg states 2.5 and the OCR textbook says 2.6. and some others state diff no. usually between 2.4-3.
Why these numbers?
Reply 18
Original post by Alana6277
Does anyone know why the no. of ATP produced from NADH and FADH2 differ in almost every textbook?:confused:
My teacher said one reducedNAD makes 3, the CGP rg states 2.5 and the OCR textbook says 2.6. and some others state diff no. usually between 2.4-3.
Why these numbers?

I know, really annoying. I just use the one in the official OCR textbook.
Reply 19
Original post by ALZ-93
I know, really annoying. I just use the one in the official OCR textbook.

Yeah it's probs best to stick to that.
It's making it a bit confusing for me to properly get oxidative phosporylation altogether.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending