The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Thu 26 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LifeIsGood
:eek:

How can you have finished it all off already?!

Can you help me on NMR Spectrocopy - the Proton one :smile:

yeah sure but it's hard to explain on computer. What I recommend is read through it a couple of times and if there's anything you don't get quote this post and tell me which part you don't get:smile:
Original post by The medjai
yeah sure but it's hard to explain on computer. What I recommend is read through it a couple of times and if there's anything you don't get quote this post and tell me which part you don't get:smile:

I understand the concept but it's the exam questions that I struggle with. I'll post up a few this week, I'd appreciate it if you can explain it to me thoroughly :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by LifeIsGood
I understand the concept but it's the exam questions that I struggle with. I'll post up a few this week, I'd appreciate it if you can explain it to me thoroughly :smile:

sure no problem
Reply 23
The F324 exam is going to be 75 minutes long this January (2012). Its always been 60 minutes before as it has 60 raw marks but I think OCR think more time is needed as many people complained about the timing this year. The same goes with the F325 exam. Its going to be 120 minutes instead of the usual 105 minutes... I think this is great news as the raw marks on each paper will stay the same :smile:
I need to get the hang of NMR Spectroscopy because I want to get an A/A* the first time and not even want the option to resit it! How far is everyone on the unit?
Reply 25
Original post by bekylouisex3
We've done the analysis chapter, and about 3/4 through the rings/acids/amines and also just started the polymers chapter too! So hoping our class is on track :smile:

Got a B on unit 2...3 ums off an A! I thought I did really well on it but oh well :rolleyes:

OMG you’re applying for chemistry @ oxford & imperial :eek:

Please share with us your methods of revision :smile:
Original post by kickasskaz01
OMG you’re applying for chemistry @ oxford & imperial :eek:

Please share with us your methods of revision :smile:

Haha yeah :eek: I'm a visual learner so I have lots of mindmaps, I stick notes on the wall next to my bed, I rewrite all my notes in class (i know...weird) and I use powerpoints from boardworks and knockhardy.co.uk :smile: nothing special I don't think!
Original post by cobra2k10
The F324 exam is going to be 75 minutes long this January (2012). Its always been 60 minutes before as it has 60 raw marks but I think OCR think more time is needed as many people complained about the timing this year. The same goes with the F325 exam. Its going to be 120 minutes instead of the usual 105 minutes... I think this is great news as the raw marks on each paper will stay the same :smile:

How do you know this/????
Reply 28
Original post by andrewpeters

Just trust me, I have contacts! 100% TRUE :smile:
Original post by andrewpeters

The OCR Website :smile:
Syllabus over and done with :smile:

Past papers from here on in! F325 getting started next week as well...
What people think is going to work for scraping A*!!!?
Got an A in all units except 4 (Arrrghhh it was a horrible paper)
My main weakness was not mastering the chemical equations and naming the catalysts..(basically all the stuff you only can memorise)
Need to revise this unit fully so can finish it off this weekend and start past papers
Hey everyone, really hoping to get an A* on this paper. Hopefully, I can memorise all content by end of this month and then practise papers/questions.
Reply 34
How are people done with the syllabus already? :frown:
Original post by Saliency
How are people done with the syllabus already? :frown:

I don't know, the y12s have just finished unit 1 with the same teacher, so it's probably because of how good she is at teaching.

Helps there's only 4 of us in the group though.
Reply 36
Original post by SpringNicht
I don't know, the y12s have just finished unit 1 with the same teacher, so it's probably because of how good she is at teaching.

Helps there's only 4 of us in the group though.

Okay it might well be that as we have a new teacher not used to teaching OCR A... I hope it won't affect me:s-smilie:
Reply 37
hi guys! right i need help. Ive completed A levels and resitting chemistry as I got a B & need an A for my course.
F321 - 79 (A)
F322- 125 (A)
F323 - 50 (A)
F324- 54 (C)
F325 - 107 (B)
F326 - 40 (C)
Total: 455 (B)
I am re-sitting F324 & F325 in January, I need 25 more ums marks in these papers to get an A, how many raw marks do you think that is??? I have properly started revising today and a quarter of my way through the first topic of F324 (hope its not too late)
Anyone that can shed light will be a massive help!
Original post by *QueenBeee
hi guys! right i need help. Ive completed A levels and resitting chemistry as I got a B & need an A for my course.
F321 - 79 (A)
F322- 125 (A)
F323 - 50 (A)
F324- 54 (C)
F325 - 107 (B)
F326 - 40 (C)
Total: 455 (B)
I am re-sitting F324 & F325 in January, I need 25 more ums marks in these papers to get an A, how many raw marks do you think that is??? I have properly started revising today and a quarter of my way through the first topic of F324 (hope its not too late)
Anyone that can shed light will be a massive help!

Those are very good UMS scores, you should be able to gain those 25 UMS marks from the F324 and F325 papers. Remember that the examiners are more *harsh* at marking than ever before, if they can't read it, or don't like the presentation they can not award the mark(s). Alot of the emphasis is upon 'satisfying' the examiners mark schemes, strange but true.
Original post by The medjai

I'm stuck on the exam questions, I don't know how to tackle them :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending