The Student Room Group

GCSE Study Groups 2023-2024

GCSE Study Groups
2023-2024

Looking for advice, tips or just general chat about your subject revision and exams ? Get prepared for next summer's exams and join our study groups today!

Simply follow the links below to the subject you study and get support, guidance and resources to help you ace your GCSEs.
Can't find your subject in our list? Create yours now and tag in @Pwca to get it added to the list.
To create a new group, just click this link and remember to tag me in! ->
Create yours now!

GCSE Revision and Study Discussions:

Biology
Business Studies
Computer Science
English Language
English Literature
French

Further Mathematics
Geography
German

History
Mathematics
Music
Physics

Religious Studies
Spanish
(edited 5 months ago)
Thank you so much!!!
Appreciate a lot!
thanks
does anyone have any tips for revising for english lit paper 2 aqa. im doing the power and conflict section but not sure of any revision techniques!? im normally okay with revising but just dont know how to revise this
Im guessing you r doing the poems, so I would say make a list of the poems and learn one quote for each theme
Original post by frankiemoon111
does anyone have any tips for revising for english lit paper 2 aqa. im doing the power and conflict section but not sure of any revision techniques!? im normally okay with revising but just dont know how to revise this
Original post by Ozymandias007
thanks

haha love the username
Hello GCSE students, I am thinking of starting an online AQA Spanish Study group! if you are interested, please send me a private message with the title 'GCSE AQA Spanish Study Group' otherwise i wont accept your request :biggrin: (btw I am in year 13 and got an 8 in Spanish)

Hi! I'm Year 13 now so I'm a GCSE veteran. Power and Conflict is pretty tough - so the main thing for revision is just to make sure you nail down the basics. Such as, being able to identify techniques, timing yourself in highlighting and analysing text so you don't spend too long. I did quite well in English and this was purely from getting to know the basics, it's difficult to know where to start and what to do so I completely understand. Look at exemplars online of annotations, key themes and notations, etc. It really helps seeing other perspectives.

I hope this helps a bit!! Good Luck!
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello GCSE students, I am thinking of starting an online AQA Spanish Study group! if you are interested, please send me a private message with the title 'GCSE AQA Spanish Study Group' otherwise i wont accept your request :biggrin: (btw I am in year 13 and got an 8 in Spanish)

Hi i have lived in Spain for 10 years but ever since I came to Scotland my Spanish started to fade away, I would love to join your Spanish Study Room.
Original post by MemyselfandI07
Hi i have lived in Spain for 10 years but ever since I came to Scotland my Spanish started to fade away, I would love to join your Spanish Study Room.

yay send me a private message with your email please :biggrin:!

I would recommend you go and search up analysis of each of the poems. Maybe watch Mr Bruff's vids as well - many ppl in my school say it is good. I have made analysis of some of the poems on my phone by getting quotes, summing the language and structure. Find a way to link to context, be it the poet, the time period etc. - but make it relevant to your point.
Does anyone here take latin (eduqas), i need help mainly with grammar, how would you go about that? I’m currently working at a grade 6 but i feel like this could be the push i need to get to grade 7/8
hello guys i am doing GCSE 2024 any help please?
Original post by Hannnahsb
Need help with your English lit GCSE? or with English lithomework? Does your GCSE English teacher not teachyou well?

Look no further as I, an A star English lit student, shall beoffering online tutoring sessions for anyone who isstruggling, regardless for your current level, exam boardor year group. Online tutoring will on either Saturday or Sunday for an hour. Cost will only be 5 pound.

English lit GCSE is what I need help with
Original post by lilygilmore
haha love the username

thanks! yours too
Hi.I recently got my results of my mocks.I got grade 3 in english language and grade 2 in english literature,Grade 9 in physics, and Grade 8 in both biology and chemistry,grade 7 in maths.I came to england last year(to year 10).when I came here, my english was not good(both writing and speaking).I think now I have improved a lot. I don't struggle with writing and writing that much.But I struggle with writing paragraphs in english.I just don't get the structure.I don't want to fail english. I want to get at least grade 5.For english litreature it does not matter how much I revise.i don't know how to apply my knowledge into a eassy.I'm doing AQA power and conflict,christmas carol,blood brothers and macbeth.Is there any one who would like to help me. I want someone to mark my eassys and tell me what I need to improve on. It is very hard to upload the eassys here since I have to type the whole eassay. If it's not a problem for you it will be very easy to send the eassys with email.I really need this help
Reply 16
Hiya,

I am currently in Year 11. I have mocks 15-26 Jan.

I study:

Maths HT OCR (WANT 8)

English Lit AQA (WANT 5)

English Lang AQA (WANT 6)

Physics HT AQA (WANT 8/9)

Biology HT AQA (WANT 6)

Chemistry HT AQA (WANT 7)

Geography AQA (WANT 6)

Food and nutrition EDUQAS (WANT 6 AT LEAST)

Spanish HT AQA (WANT 7)

Art AQA (WANT 6)

If anyone has any tips or tricks for me to achieve the grades I want I would be really grateful.

If anyone has any websites or useful resources that are worth sharing please do.

If anyone has an efficient and effective revision timetable please let me know how to make one.

I have also picked Maths, Physics and Geography as my A-Levels, which I will being studying in September 2024.

Any suggestions on what I need to do would be appreciated.

Thanks!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Pwca
GCSE Study Groups
2023-2024

Looking for advice, tips or just general chat about your subject revision and exams ? Get prepared for next summer's exams and join our study groups today!

Simply follow the links below to the subject you study and get support, guidance and resources to help you ace your GCSEs.
Can't find your subject in our list? Create yours now and tag in @Pwca to get it added to the list.
To create a new group, just click this link and remember to tag me in! ->
Create yours now!

GCSE Revision and Study Discussions:

Biology
Business Studies
Computer Science
English Language
English Literature
French

Further Mathematics
Geography
German

History
Mathematics
Music
Physics

Religious Studies
Spanish

@Pwca Hi, can you add free standing maths qualification (fsmq) additional math, thanks
Reply 18
Hey guys I need your help, I am in grade 8 and I have been thinking about switching to the SAT since I heard it was easy but I am still thinking about whether it can give me a good solid future that can make me successful in the future. pls give me advice should I stay in GCSE or switch to sat?
Reply 19
Original post by Daniboynah
hello guys i am doing GCSE 2024 any help please?

me too! Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest