The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Thu 26 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

oh right. Btw is there meant to be another H on the second N on the first one?
Original post by Tingkerbell

yes I just missed it since I wasn't concentrating :tongue:
Original post by Tingkerbell

Yes, this was not my drawing. Used it from someone else in the thread :P
Why can't amino acids react with themselves to form a peptide bond? Is it because of their structure?
Original post by mattisruler
Why can't amino acids react with themselves to form a peptide bond? Is it because of their structure?

That's what the diamine is doing but it just happens to be occuring on both ends of the molecule forming a ring structure :smile:
Original post by Madmaz
dont punch youself, it will make you more sad. its only january, you CAN try again :smile:

Who says ill do better next time round ... lol
The next chemistry unit is MASSIVE ...
I really really really didnt want to retake anything in june ...
Original post by The medjai
why would we need to prove it was carbonyl? The guy said it was either aldeyde or ketone.

no he said he THOUGHT it was an aldehyde or ketone, i made this mistake too and just wrote about tollens but part b) made me realise i needed to talk about bradys reagent too in the first one
Original post by Madmaz
You didn't need the arrow to the H+ on the last step, it was just steps 2 and 3.

And I added an extra 2 carbons on te dimer one. damn! oh well one out of 2 for a very hard question!

you do because it goes to form an OH group if you read the frikkin question!?!?!?! GOD RAGE DON'T THEY TEACH PEOPLE ANYTHING NOWADAYS GRR PPL LYK YOU MAKE ME SO ANGRY!!!!! MMMPHH!!
Reply 1188
Original post by i_hate_ucas
no he said he THOUGHT it was an aldehyde or ketone, i made this mistake too and just wrote about tollens but part b) made me realise i needed to talk about bradys reagent too in the first one

same. part two made me realise i had to talk about 2,4-DNP.
Reply 1189
How many marks would i lose for drawing the right ester for the last question, but then accidently naming it wrong.
Reply 1190
Original post by i_hate_ucas

It was only a 2 mark question, i didnt even mention tollens. i figured than 2,4 DNP and that it goes orange would be worth two marks!
How sneaky to combine 2 mechanisms into 1!
Original post by Kirya
How many marks would i lose for drawing the right ester for the last question, but then accidently naming it wrong.

probably one
Original post by the real viper
you do because it goes to form an OH group if you read the frikkin question!?!?!?! GOD RAGE DON'T THEY TEACH PEOPLE ANYTHING NOWADAYS GRR PPL LYK YOU MAKE ME SO ANGRY!!!!! MMMPHH!!

It did specify steps 1 and 2 and OH wasn't one of the products from step 2 only H+ and that wasn't even part of step 1/2..

step one and the itermediate, you didn't have to do that bit
Original post by SmithytheDrummer
It did specify steps 1 and 2 and OH wasn't one of the products from step 2 only H+ and that wasn't even part of step 1/2..

Nah man, 'ere me. The thing they were make was summin like C6H5SO2OH therefore on the last step...STEP 2. You had to do a curly arrow 2 the hydrogen or else you get C6H5SO2O -ve seeeeeeee!!
More answers (hopefully i remember the right chemicals :rolleyes:)
For the last one i don't think order of halogenation/nitration would matter

(edited 12 years ago)
the reagents to make nitro benzene (HNO3 and H2SO4) must also be concentrated
Original post by Legendrew
More answers (hopefully i remember the right chemicals)
For the last one i don't think order of halogenation/nitration would matter

They asked for structural formula on first anhydride one not displayed. Probs lose a mark, but yeah good work on tha rest - good upload.
They asked for structural formula on first anhydride one not displayed. Probs lose a mark, but yeah good work on tha rest - good upload.

I always do displayed as one the past mark schemes it's said allow correct displayed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending