The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Thu 26 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
I got a D as the paper was really hard. Can someone advise me what to do next?
Original post by Abbers

Get a photocopy of your script ordered from your centres exams office so see where you went wrong then resit in the summer
Reply 1382
i got a c...thought id smashed it lol
Original post by TattyBoJangles
86/90

Never been so relieved in my life!

Hope everyone else did well. :smile:

Well done, 90/90 here, by some miracle of god. Wanting to know what the raw mark boundary was for full UMS though. Bring on F325! I'll have my notes finished soon, and will upload them to my site.

To all people:

https://sites.google.com/site/mathslab9000/home/chemistry I've put my notes for F324 on there, and will soon scan F322 on as well.
Original post by Abbers

Don't worry, got a D aswell :frown:
Does anyone know what the conditions are for an A* in this course?

NVM I just found them in the specification.
(edited 12 years ago)
83/90 :woo::woo: so happy / surprised !

Edit -- got a couple of negative ratings :frown: sorry if people didnt like my post, i was just happy with my result
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1387
My school said I got 90 when I rang, is this 90/90 or something else. They said it was an A but they didn't know what it was out of.:smile:
Original post by arnea
My school said I got 90 when I rang, is this 90/90 or something else. They said it was an A but they didn't know what it was out of.:smile:

The paper was out of 90 UMS. I've been trying to find out whether anyone knows what raw mark was required for this, but I've had no such luck thus far. However, if your school has purveyed your result correctly, NICE ONE! :biggrin:
Reply 1389
i got 56/90 a C better than i expected cus i hated this exam but still i need an A so i'm resitting this in june
Everyone in my class got D's and below :frown:
Anyone got any advice on how to get a better grade?
Reply 1391
I got a B 70/90 .. I was pretty close to an A right? Not sure if to resit or not
Reply 1392
I got an E (36 raw marks), which is one mark off a D (which is still bad)..... I really don't know what went wrong :s-smilie:
I felt very confident after sitting the exam
We went over the paper with our teacher the next day and I definately got the last question right (10 marks) and I know I got more than half of the other questions in the paper right.... I just cannot comprehend that I would have only got 26 marks on the rest of the paper - excluding the last question...
Really don't know where to go from here :frown:
Original post by Linz34
I got an E (36 raw marks), which is one mark off a D (which is still bad)..... I really don't know what went wrong :s-smilie:
We went over the paper with our teacher the next day and I definately got the last question right (10 marks) and I know I got more than half of the other questions in the paper right.... I just cannot comprehend that I would have only got 26 marks on the rest of the paper - excluding the last question...

i would definitely get for your exam script so you can see if you need it re-marked or not and you can also see where you went wrong and then work on improving those areas
Original post by Linz34

Hi Linz I'm sorry to hear that :frown: they may have got the marking wrong so it maybe worth a try to get a remark, you can also resit and you have the summer one to look forward to. :redface:
Reply 1395
Trouble is if I get it remarked I could lose marks.... well I suppose It cant be much worse...... The june one should be much easier (should -_- they will probably be mean) :/
Original post by silver0
I got a B 70/90 .. I was pretty close to an A right? Not sure if to resit or not

Two marks away. Don't bother, just rinse F325.
Original post by Saliency
Everyone in my class got D's and below :frown:
Anyone got any advice on how to get a better grade?

What type of revision did you do? I would recommend comprehensive notes, following the spec. to make sure you get everything, then do all the past papers of this spec AND the previous one. If you come across something you don't understand, look it up, add it to your notes.

If you want to see my set of notes to give you an idea, pm me. :smile:
Reply 1398
Original post by Oromis263
Two marks away. Don't bother, just rinse F325.

I did f322 aswell, and got a B 116/150 .. do you think it would make more sense to re-do that one? I failed at f321 got a D.. but I don't want to re take for the third time, as I really cannot remember anything from it..
Reply 1399
Original post by silver0
I did f322 aswell, and got a B 116/150 .. do you think it would make more sense to re-do that one? I failed at f321 got a D.. but I don't want to re take for the third time, as I really cannot remember anything from it..

yes deffo focus on f322, its easy marks. I got 113 first time round, 135 second time.
f324 i got 69 first time, 62 2nd time (this time) :s-smilie:
f325 i got 99 first time, 128 second time
f321 i got 57 first time, 63 second time, 81 third time lol

thanx for reading my chemistry life story
all in all i would focus on the big modules more, esp f322, its easy once youve done f324

good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending