The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Thu 26 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by Oromis263
Well done, 90/90 here, by some miracle of god. Wanting to know what the raw mark boundary was for full UMS though. Bring on F325! I'll have my notes finished soon, and will upload them to my site.

To all people:

https://sites.google.com/site/mathslab9000/home/chemistry I've put my notes for F324 on there, and will soon scan F322 on as well.

nice 1 dude!! if you did this well in f324, you should aim for full marks in f325 too! wish you all the best!
Found out today I got a raw of 57, which became 90 UMS, so just got it (as I think 57 was also the borderline).
Got 86/90 UMS wooo! So happy :biggrin:

EDIT: 3 negs? Woahhhh. Jealousy is an ugly thing :')
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1403
Original post by bekylouisex3
Got 86/90 UMS wooo! So happy :biggrin:

wooo congrats!

f324 i got 81/90 :-)
and in my f322 resit i got 131/150
Reply 1404
I got 67 in this f324 not happy! i worked hard it was a suprise and to top it off only 10 ums mark away from overall A in chem :frown: now 3rd attempt at this f324 just need a B or low A to be safe.

Anyone got this paper with like answers in it? so i can look back :smile:
Reply 1405
The paper was out of 90 UMS. I've been trying to find out whether anyone knows what raw mark was required for this, but I've had no such luck thus far. However, if your school has purveyed your result correctly, NICE ONE! :biggrin:

yeah they did :smile: I'm surprised to say the least, because I'm pretty sure I slipped up on the question on isoelectric points, but I'm not complaining!
It would be interesting if you found out the raw mark. :-)
Reply 1406
If Anyone wants all the JAN 12 papers for biology and chemistry OCR A and B, heres the link:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1943168
Original post by ManPowa
If Anyone wants all the JAN 12 papers for biology and chemistry OCR A and B, heres the link:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1943168

this is really useful thank you ! :biggrin:
Original post by arnea
yeah they did :smile: I'm surprised to say the least, because I'm pretty sure I slipped up on the question on isoelectric points, but I'm not complaining!
It would be interesting if you found out the raw mark. :-)

Yeah, I thought I had messed up. Raw mark boundary was 57/60, which is what I got (lucky, I know). I wad sure I'd got the pH of amino acids questions wrong :s-smilie: probably did, it was only one mark
Original post by silver0
I got a B 70/90 .. I was pretty close to an A right? Not sure if to resit or not

I got the same and I'm resitting :smile:
Reply 1410
Yeah, I thought I had messed up. Raw mark boundary was 57/60, which is what I got (lucky, I know). I wad sure I'd got the pH of amino acids questions wrong :s-smilie: probably did, it was only one mark

thats 57 to get 90? there is something flawed in the system! congrats though :smile:

Are you taking 325 this summer? Can I ask how far you have got with it - one of my teachers is often absent, so we have only covered transition elements, touched on lattice enthalpy, and done 1 piece of coursework, decididng whether to get ahead with it myself.
Original post by arnea
thats 57 to get 90? there is something flawed in the system! congrats though :smile:

Are you taking 325 this summer? Can I ask how far you have got with it - one of my teachers is often absent, so we have only covered transition elements, touched on lattice enthalpy, and done 1 piece of coursework, decididng whether to get ahead with it myself.

Yeah, we are almost finished, just acids and buffers left. One more piece of coursework left to do
Reply 1412
it's not fair how people did so well in this paper and i never even though i worked so hard for it..i ended up with a D.. life sucks..i work hard and the results show something else.FML.
Original post by Raj K
it's not fair how people did so well in this paper and i never even though i worked so hard for it..i ended up with a D.. life sucks..i work hard and the results show something else.FML.

If you haven't already request a photocopy of your paper from OCR, then you can see where you lost marks and hopefully learn from it in preparation for retake. :smile:
Reply 1414
Original post by Raj K

The exact same thing happened to me! I feel your pain.:frown:
Gettin my paper v soon..ready to be totally surprised
Original post by arvin_infinity
Gettin my paper v soon..ready to be totally surprised

What did you get? I got a D aswell :frown:
What type of revision did you do? I would recommend comprehensive notes, following the spec. to make sure you get everything, then do all the past papers of this spec AND the previous one. If you come across something you don't understand, look it up, add it to your notes.

If you want to see my set of notes to give you an idea, pm me. :smile:

hey man saw you got 90/90, smashed it. Did you know how to do the second cyclic dimer question? :smile:
Original post by hockeyjoe
hey man saw you got 90/90, smashed it. Did you know how to do the second cyclic dimer question? :smile:

Erm, perhaps if I was reminded what the question actually was. You know where I can see the paper? I know where I lost marks, and that wasn't an area so I should be able to remember when I see the question. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1419
Original post by KBenson
The exact same thing happened to me! I feel your pain.:frown:

Aww thankyou..not fair is it? just have to work harder xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending