The Student Room Group

Hull Uni Nursing Interview - 2012

Scroll to see replies

you were lucky we were there all day but i think that was because we had the later slot for interviews. How did you interview go?
Reply 41
Hi Kelly,
Ive i had a email from hull in march to offer me a interview in mid may to start sept 12 was wondering what did they have you do on the day? was there any tests?
what was the interveiw like?
Im currently studying access to health care diploma and hoping to get in at hull.
Thanks
Emma
Reply 42
has anyone got a interview in may 2012 to start sept ???????
:smile: thanks
Reply 43
Original post by Emma1977
Hi Kelly,
Ive i had a email from hull in march to offer me a interview in mid may to start sept 12 was wondering what did they have you do on the day? was there any tests?
what was the interveiw like?
Im currently studying access to health care diploma and hoping to get in at hull.
Thanks
Emma

Hi Emma,
Sorry for the late reply! On the day we all met in a lecture room where admissions went through our certificate's taking the photocopy's and checking them against the real thing. Then they called us down one by one to go through our things for the CRB they take them off you to copy but you will get your ID back at the end of the day.

We was talked through how the day would go and each allocated an individual interview time. We Then got a drink voucher so we could go have a drink to kill time before our interview. When I went we couldn't see the skills lab because they was too busy, but I'm sure when you go you will get a tour of it, during that time we just sat down for a drink.

After your interview Sheila the admissions lady will talk you through the whole course what it involves, finance, accommodation, placement etc then you get a chance to ask questions. Then home time!

We didn't have any aptitude test's or group activity's everyone was a bit shy and reserved so it probably would of helped to have a group activity!

As far as the interview goes, as sad as it may sound I enjoyed it and was happy that I was given a chance to tell them why I wanted to be a nurse. And also to answer their questions and show my knowledge. Don't get me wrong its not things you won't know its things that are more common sense at this point and they want to get a feel for your personality. So don't worry relax and answer in your own time don't push yourself and don't tell them what you think they want to hear 'robotic response' they don't like it. Give them your answer! I'm sure you will love it. Anything else you want to know questions I was asked or anything just let me know I will check regular!
Kelly x
Reply 44
I have an interview on 2nd may for hull for learning disability nursing, hoping to start sept 2012, was told in feb they had 11 spaces to fill.

anyone else applied for learning disability nursing at hull??
Reply 45
Original post by Kelly.87
Hi Emma,
Sorry for the late reply! On the day we all met in a lecture room where admissions went through our certificate's taking the photocopy's and checking them against the real thing. Then they called us down one by one to go through our things for the CRB they take them off you to copy but you will get your ID back at the end of the day.

We was talked through how the day would go and each allocated an individual interview time. We Then got a drink voucher so we could go have a drink to kill time before our interview. When I went we couldn't see the skills lab because they was too busy, but I'm sure when you go you will get a tour of it, during that time we just sat down for a drink.

After your interview Sheila the admissions lady will talk you through the whole course what it involves, finance, accommodation, placement etc then you get a chance to ask questions. Then home time!

We didn't have any aptitude test's or group activity's everyone was a bit shy and reserved so it probably would of helped to have a group activity!

As far as the interview goes, as sad as it may sound I enjoyed it and was happy that I was given a chance to tell them why I wanted to be a nurse. And also to answer their questions and show my knowledge. Don't get me wrong its not things you won't know its things that are more common sense at this point and they want to get a feel for your personality. So don't worry relax and answer in your own time don't push yourself and don't tell them what you think they want to hear 'robotic response' they don't like it. Give them your answer! I'm sure you will love it. Anything else you want to know questions I was asked or anything just let me know I will check regular!
Kelly x

Hi kelly
My interview is tom so feeling little nervous , but im sure will be fine. Are you starting in sept then? Ow soon do you find out if they are offering you a place?
Thanks for you response sorry i just back to you was busy with access course and all assignments.
Sorry for all questions.
thanks
Emma x
Reply 46
Hi kelly
My interview is tom so feeling little nervous , but im sure will be fine. Are you starting in sept then? Ow soon do you find out if they are offering you a place?
Thanks for you response sorry i just back to you was busy with access course and all assignments.
Sorry for all questions.
thanks
Emma x

Hiya,
I found out about a month after my interview, but mine was October and as its already past mid May I think you will probably get to know a little sooner. I am starting in September yeah can't wait :smile:

How did it go? Well I hope! Did you enjoy it?

Kelly x
Reply 47
Hi Kelly,
My interview went great and got offered a place to start in september less than a week after interview.
Cant wait to start now been long time coming lol.
Are you a mature student?
Where are you from?
Tell me if been nosey lol . :smile:
Speak soon
Emma
xx
Reply 48
Hi Emma, firstly congratulations!! That's brilliant looking forward to meeting you! And secondly don't be silly not nosey at all lol!
Yes I think I am classed as a mature student as I will be 25 when we start. So it has been a long time coming for me too!
I'm from Grimsby, there is a forum on Facebook for people starting in Sept if you want to join? That's if your not already in it :-S if not add me on Facebook and I will add you in.. its Kelly Wilson. Really great people in there and lots of good convos :smile:
So how old are you and where are you from?
Kelly xx
Reply 49
Hi everyone,
Has any1 got into hull uni from york?
Reply 50
Original post by Kelly.87
Hi Emma, firstly congratulations!! That's brilliant looking forward to meeting you! And secondly don't be silly not nosey at all lol!
Yes I think I am classed as a mature student as I will be 25 when we start. So it has been a long time coming for me too!
I'm from Grimsby, there is a forum on Facebook for people starting in Sept if you want to join? That's if your not already in it :-S if not add me on Facebook and I will add you in.. its Kelly Wilson. Really great people in there and lots of good convos :smile:
So how old are you and where are you from?
Kelly xx

Hi kelly,Thanks! cant wait to meet everyone! Im from York n im 35 so a very mature student compaired to you lol! Will join facebook group then thanks!
Emma x
Reply 51
Hi kelly,
I cant find the forum on facebook if you can find me i will ad you its.. Emma lumby
Thanks
Emmaxx
Reply 52
Hi everyone,
Has any1 got into hull uni from york?

Am from York n off to do childrens nursing :smile: xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 53
Any1 going b living at 52 Auckland ave?? :smile: xxx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 54
hi i have got my interview for adult nursing at hull university on Wednesday . Can anyone tell me what question did they ask in the interview?
Reply 55
Original post by 00ak13
hi i have got my interview for adult nursing at hull university on Wednesday . Can anyone tell me what question did they ask in the interview?

Heyq 00ak. I had mine today too at half 10. How you find it? I was so nervous!! Lol theyre all lovely though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Hey guys!

I have an interview at Hull this Wednesday (4th December 2013) and Hull is my favourite uni! I'm really really nervous just because it's where I really really want to go!

I've already had 4 interviews at my other universities and have received conditional offers from them all.

I'm just worried about the document that we have to read as they say we will be asked questions on it.

This is the document: http://www.nmc-uk.org/Documents/Guidance/Guidance-on-professional-conduct-for-nursing-and-midwifery-students.pdf
Hi ellie

How did your hull interview go and have you heard anything back yet? I sent my ucas app off last night so playing the waiting game now. What did they ask about the nmc document?

Sophie x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Hey Sophie :smile:

It went well, I received an offer from them 5 days after the interview!!! The interview was pretty straightforward, and they just asked what you learnt from it and I just said how it was pretty much common sense for me, I'd never abuse a patient or favour them, I'd respect their views etc :smile: One thing I do advise is that if possible have any documents that they ask for with you, as otherwise you have to post them and that's extra time and effort on your behalf and will also delay your process of an offer!

Hope you get lots of responses!

Ellie x
Reply 59
Original post by ellie4evva
Hey Sophie :smile:

It went well, I received an offer from them 5 days after the interview!!! The interview was pretty straightforward, and they just asked what you learnt from it and I just said how it was pretty much common sense for me, I'd never abuse a patient or favour them, I'd respect their views etc :smile: One thing I do advise is that if possible have any documents that they ask for with you, as otherwise you have to post them and that's extra time and effort on your behalf and will also delay your process of an offer!

Hope you get lots of responses!

Ellie x

Hi I also had my interview on the 4th of December and I've received a unconditional offer. Hulls my first choice so I'm really happy :smile:
Well done and congrats on your offer x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending