The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Official Representative

Hello, my name is Karen and I work at Aston University. As an admissions officer within Aston Business School I can answer questions relating to making an application for our business courses, but I can also help with any questions about studying at Aston, what Birmingham is like, or anything else that you’d like to know. If you would like information about any of the other degrees at Aston please free to ask and I’ll get the answer for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Karen Nisbett
Official University Representative

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you need Biology at A Level to study Pharmacy at Aston? Are Maths and Chemistry acceptable sciences?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Chemistry is our required A-level subject for pharmacy and then you would need at least one from biology, maths or physics. I hope this helps
when will the building work be finished?
Reply 4
Original post by Bill_Gates
when will the building work be finished?

If you mean the student accommodation, 2014.
hey i sent my ucas off on the 10th of november and i got a aknowledgement email from all unis except aston, is that normal?...btw ive applied for chemical engineering
Original post by pakizrulez
hey i sent my ucas off on the 10th of november and i got a aknowledgement email from all unis except aston, is that normal?...btw ive applied for chemical engineering

You should have received an automated reply from the University. If you're sure that it did not end up in your junk mail it's probably worth contacting the department if you're worried ([email protected]). I'm sure your application has been received and I'm confident that you'll recieve a reply soon. In the meantime I'll make sure that the emails are goig out as intended.
Original post by Aston University
You should have received an automated reply from the University. If you're sure that it did not end up in your junk mail it's probably worth contacting the department if you're worried ([email protected]). I'm sure your application has been received and I'm confident that you'll recieve a reply soon. In the meantime I'll make sure that the emails are goig out as intended.

your a genius haha. i called aston today and told them. but i just checked my junk mail and it was there :smile:
Reply 8
I'm thinking about optometry at Aston, but I'm possibly thinking of dropping physics and having it as an AS and doing fast track chemistry to get the full Alevel in one year, would this effect my chances of getting in? thank you :smile:
Original post by Nehal:)
I'm thinking about optometry at Aston, but I'm possibly thinking of dropping physics and having it as an AS and doing fast track chemistry to get the full Alevel in one year, would this effect my chances of getting in? thank you :smile:

For the optometry degree programme at Aston, we require 3 A Levels. Two science A level subjects, Biology and either Mathematics/Physics. A level Chemistry is acceptable as an alternative if either Mathematics/Physics or Biology have not been studied. The third subject can be anything except General Studies. A typical minimum offer would be AAA at A2 level.
your a genius haha. i called aston today and told them. but i just checked my junk mail and it was there :smile:

I'm glad you found it. I checked anyway to make sure that emails are going out as they should be to all applicants and they are. Make sure you add Aston University as a contact so that any future emails arrive in your inbox.
I want to ask how diverse the area is, and if there is a community like feeling to the university and area? and any other general info on what it is like to live in Birmingham...any similar to London?
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
I want to ask how diverse the area is, and if there is a community like feeling to the university and area? and any other general info on what it is like to live in Birmingham...any similar to London?

I felt there was a community like feeling because it's so small. Not so much in Birmingham city centre. There's fewer things to do and facilities than London but on the whole it's still pretty decent.
Reply 13
] hi :smile:
I have recieved an offer from Aston for optometry at AAA and altho I already hold an A in English literature I am struggling with chemistry :/ I was wondering whether there is much leniencey when it comes to the grades? I am intent on coming to Aston it's my first choice and Im in love with the university.. Please let me know..
Original post by I<3Gul
] hi :smile:
I have recieved an offer from Aston for optometry at AAA and altho I already hold an A in English literature I am struggling with chemistry :/ I was wondering whether there is much leniencey when it comes to the grades? I am intent on coming to Aston it's my first choice and Im in love with the university.. Please let me know..

ive heard that aston is quiet lenient with grades :smile:
Reply 15
Doubt I'm going to get an offer my predicted grades are too low and Psychology is soo competitive :frown: Fingers crossed
ive got a offer from aston for chem engineering :smile:
Reply 17
would i be rejected if my GCSE grades were below the required grade, but my A level grades met the course requirements?
Original post by Baz123
would i be rejected if my GCSE grades were below the required grade, but my A level grades met the course requirements?

yes :frown:
Reply 19
yes :frown:

Hmm but if you met the A level requirements why would GCSE results be an issue? :/

Quick Reply

Latest