The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FXX
Yep.

Just marked out all our paydays from now until the end of 2012... looks like we'll be getting paid twice in November this time as Friday Nov 2nd falls four weeks apart from Friday 30th November. :smile:
So, i want to ask my managers for a full time contract because work is literally all i am doing atm.

I have worked six days a week in the four months i have been there but obviously i have only just passed the probationary period so i don't know if it would be a bit rude to ask.

So what i'm really asking is should i still ask? I wouldn't say i get on great with my managers, they can certainly go a shift without talking to me. :redface: What do i say to them to bring it up?
Reply 382
Original post by Negotiator
Anyone else get sick of the vultures that circle when doing reductions?

LOL! Especially when they push products towards you and say "reduction!!!" :dry: No...
I have applied for a job and just want to check my application, so how do I login to my recruitment account from the Sainsbury's Recruitment homepage? I can't find the login page.
The only way I can find to log back on is to apply for another vacancy but I don't want to apply to another vacancy.

Edit: never mind, found it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Does anyone know how the first aid skill payment works? I've gotten it a few times since doing the training last year but I haven't noticed any pattern with it, so I'm curious. :biggrin:
Reply 385
Original post by cookiebiscuit
I have applied for a job and just want to check my application, so how do I login to my recruitment account from the Sainsbury's Recruitment homepage? I can't find the login page.
The only way I can find to log back on is to apply for another vacancy but I don't want to apply to another vacancy.

Edit: never mind, found it.

Where did you find it? I've been looking for ages:')
Reply 386
how stupid :/ I can't even find it.
Reply 387
How good are Sainsbury's with transferring jobs for university students? :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by wren94
How good are Sainsbury's with transferring jobs for university students? :smile:

Very. Speak to your line manager to get the ball rolling. Ask them if its possible to become a dual store colleague. And they should then initiate contact on your behalf, with the store your wanting to transfer to.

Go in there prepared, with the hours your're available to work, and the exact date you're able to transfer. Don't - for GOD'S SAKE - say you're willing to work anytime. Or that's exactly what you'll be doing - working anytime.
Original post by Kayla94
Where did you find it? I've been looking for ages:')

I went onto my history on my internet browser and found the page where I had logged in to the Sainsbury's page previously.

anyway, the page is:
https://access.sainsburys.co.uk/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=30082&resp_id=-1&resp_appl_id=-1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params=RJ2HN5-fBZOFvOxOU2LLhU-XsxpfyKZcMn3MGNdCwuj9Oot.TtaqfnqX-.VreJVzbHAy0jl9THJPZjHzMIzSECuGjizP3QPZg7JTBiojOq3VmhOxXj16PjNX3.S2jLX0&oas=90nQbw394sMDDOdKj2N7DQ..

hopefully the link should work :s-smilie:
let me know if it doesn't.
Reply 390
Original post by DarkMagic
Does anyone know how the first aid skill payment works? I've gotten it a few times since doing the training last year but I haven't noticed any pattern with it, so I'm curious. :biggrin:

You get it once a year. I got my at some point in March. I only got something like 100 pounds, but you basically get the money for doing nothing. I got my first first aid call in over 6 months yesterday, and that was just to fill in an accident form.
Reply 391
Yay heard back today and got the job! I start my training on Monday - quite looking forward to it actually. I am a little worried that my uniform will not fit lol as i am sometimes be a in between size. Are the uniforms usually bigger or smaller? Like how in some shops i am one size, then in another shop one size larger. I went for medium for everything so hopefully i will be ok :smile:

And the job is a online shopper - anyone else one? 6am start though :frown:
Reply 392
Original post by ~Cookie~

Yea. Early starts are never fun but you do get used to them. It also means you get home and still have the best part of the day to do whatever :smile:
Original post by ~Cookie~
Yay heard back today and got the job! I start my training on Monday - quite looking forward to it actually. I am a little worried that my uniform will not fit lol as i am sometimes be a in between size. Are the uniforms usually bigger or smaller? Like how in some shops i am one size, then in another shop one size larger. I went for medium for everything so hopefully i will be ok :smile:

Should've asked for small, medium is like XL (imo)!
Reply 394
Original post by Ladipidoo
Should've asked for small, medium is like XL (imo)!

Oh no!! lol :biggrin: I am usually a 14 for tops/jumpers, but oh well they might have spares etc or i will find a way around it!
Reply 395
Original post by FXX
Yea. Early starts are never fun but you do get used to them. It also means you get home and still have the best part of the day to do whatever :smile:

Yeah that is true, finished by 10am so that is good :smile:
On page 16/17 on this thread, I stated my sitaution in my sainsbury's store.

I want to now get on to a Management Training Program, just to stick 2 fingers up at everybody who doesn't respect me.

But how do I go about starting this training scheme?

And what if HR/Managers tell me they don't think I'm right for it (i.e. cos my face doesn't fit)?
Reply 397
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I want to now get on to a Management Training Program, just to stick 2 fingers up at everybody who doesn't respect me.

If that's your sole reason for doing it, then you aren't right for the job. And don't bother even talking about it as they'll see right through it. The sad truth is that in retail, progression is down to your line manager - if they don't like you, they'll make it known. And without their guidance and support, its impossible. So sometimes, it involves moving to new stores, which would automatically render your reasons for wanting to go onto the store managers training program as baseless anyway.

As for the program; its for graduates. There is no such thing as a "management training program" - team leaders do their training in store/on the job and attending courses, deputy managers have their own assessments and so do store managers.
Original post by bubelah
If that's your sole reason for doing it, then you aren't right for the job. And don't bother even talking about it as they'll see right through it. The sad truth is that in retail, progression is down to your line manager - if they don't like you, they'll make it known. And without their guidance and support, its impossible. So sometimes, it involves moving to new stores, which would automatically render your reasons for wanting to go onto the store managers training program as baseless anyway.

As for the program; its for graduates. There is no such thing as a "management training program" - team leaders do their training in store/on the job and attending courses, deputy managers have their own assessments and so do store managers.

It's not my sole reason for doing it, I would be a brilliant team leader, for many reasons.

So how does a general assistant become a team leader in training then? That's what I want to do. There's plenty of people much younger than me who are team leaders in training, none of whom even have a GCSE, and it irks me that they can do it, and I seemingly cannot. That's what I want to change.

I am a general assistant now, and have been for 5 years. I have quite frankly outgrown the job, and need a new challenge. I act as if I'm team leader anyway, with the amount of work that I do.
(edited 12 years ago)
I also want to know if it's possible to get a reference from Sainsbury's (seeing as this is pretty much the only job I've ever had) to help me gain a second part-time job whilst I still keep my Sainsbury's job.

Someone told me that references are only given out once one has worked one's notice.

But if I'm not leaving my current job, then obviously I cannot work my notice can I? Yet I still need a reference, otherwise I cannot find any further employment.

Latest

Trending

Trending