The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by stargirl92
If it snows overnight tonight and I cannot get to work for my shift at 5am should I phone the sick line or phone my department on their office number?

The sick line is a bit of a misleading name. You should use it whenever your not going to be able to work.

So yes, you should phone the sick line.
Reply 581
Original post by Foulish
The sick line is a bit of a misleading name. You should use it whenever your not going to be able to work.

So yes, you should phone the sick line.

it's called the absence line in my store.
Reply 582
can someone please explain code checking to me in really simple terms. i have never completed a code check nor do i really understand it
Reply 583
I had an interview yesterday for Sainsburys Local and just wondering how long it takes to hear back?
Original post by scott125
I had an interview yesterday for Sainsburys Local and just wondering how long it takes to hear back?

They said it would be 10 working days for me, it was actually more of about 13. I thought i hadn't got it, so hang on in there!
I am thinking of taking a Career Break. But I read somewhere that you need to give your manager 6 months notice. Seems a bit extortionate to me. I plan to do so in April.
Reply 586
Original post by Tom_Andrews
They said it would be 10 working days for me, it was actually more of about 13. I thought i hadn't got it, so hang on in there!

Ok but ive just realised i missed a digit when i gave the interviewer my mobile number:colondollar:
I emailed recruitment .
Reply 587
Anyone know how Sainsburys is doing in terms of sales? I think my Sainsburys is failing in terms of MCM and MAC, I don't know the exact percentage we are on. But I think we haven't reach our targets.

I don't think I will be receiving the 2% bonus for MCM and MAC. So I can only hope for 1%. If I do get the 1% bonus, my bonus would be around £71.

I only got £18 bonus last year, so I assume we only got 0.5% bonus out of the 3%.
What do they stand for?

Original post by GuyUK
Anyone know how Sainsburys is doing in terms of sales? I think my Sainsburys is failing in terms of MCM and MAC, I don't know the exact percentage we are on. But I think we haven't reach our targets.

I don't think I will be receiving the 2% bonus for MCM and MAC. So I can only hope for 1%. If I do get the 1% bonus, my bonus would be around £71.

I only got £18 bonus last year, so I assume we only got 0.5% bonus out of the 3%.
Original post by Negotiator
What do they stand for?

MCM stands for Mystery Customer Measure - they come in once a fortnight and judge all sorts of things, including shopfloor staff/counter staff and the checkout staff.

MCA stands for Mystery Availability Check - they come in to check like 50 items, including special offers, to see if they are available. If more than say 2 are unavailable, you are marked down.

I think.
Does anyone know how I can know the email of the manager that will be interviewing me? I have an interview coming up and after the interview I want to email him as a general courtesy thanking him for the time. I really want to do this, shall I just ask or is there another way I can find out?
Reply 591
Original post by DreamKitty
Does anyone know how I can know the email of the manager that will be interviewing me? I have an interview coming up and after the interview I want to email him as a general courtesy thanking him for the time. I really want to do this, shall I just ask or is there another way I can find out?

They won't know who will be interviewing. The interview is a standardised process so they can change the interviewer an hour before if they want to.
Reply 592
MAC used to stand for mystery availability check, now it is making avaliability count

MCM used to stand for mystery customer measure, now it's making customers matter

personally, at the time I was told of the name change for the two measures above I felt as if they thought we (as general assistants) are stupid and had to make it easier to understand. i get that stores fail on the measures which is why the name change happened but still doesn't change my initial opinion.
How does RSS distinguish the dates of the stuff you are disposing of? Normally their are a variety of dates in the roll cage, some even stretching back weeks (ham stuck at the back of the chiller).

Also, I noticed that sometimes after I done a code check old dated items are stilling being put on shelves. Occasionally I think to myself, where the hell did they come from, they weren't there when I code checked. It makes me look as if am not doing my job properly if things dont get reduced as they wont be on the code sheet.

Codecheck Coldstore first before evening shift starts their replen, dominoeing.
That should keep you from missing stuff. just try and remember not to do it double on the shopfloor if someone has taken a rollcage out already.
You can find your codecheck percentage report in emails inbox.
thers a folder called retail loss process measure or smth similar. its a WTD report
That just isnt possible in our store. My job goes, reductions (2.5-3.5 hour job), break (30min), second reds (45min-1 hour), code check (3-3.5 hours), disposals (30-45 min). Time just isnt their for checking the cold store.

Original post by Jadoremusic
Codecheck Coldstore first before evening shift starts their replen, dominoeing.
That should keep you from missing stuff. just try and remember not to do it double on the shopfloor if someone has taken a rollcage out already.
You can find your codecheck percentage report in emails inbox.
thers a folder called retail loss process measure or smth similar. its a WTD report
Reply 595
I have an Induction soon , what does it involve? Its not a store , its at an Engeous offfice from 10 to 5.
Just found out some vicious old women in my store are writing out a Valentine's Card in my name and sending it to the biggest loser in the store.

I find this quite hurtful. What can be done about it? Is it bullying?
Reply 597
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Just found out some vicious old women in my store are writing out a Valentine's Card in my name and sending it to the biggest loser in the store.

I find this quite hurtful. What can be done about it? Is it bullying?

You speak to your line manager - usually a team leader - who SHOULD escalate it to the involved parties. And it should then stop. You shouldn't need to escalate it any further.

I'd feel annoyed and vengeful if I was in your position
Reply 598
That just isnt possible in our store. My job goes, reductions (2.5-3.5 hour job), break (30min), second reds (45min-1 hour), code check (3-3.5 hours), disposals (30-45 min). Time just isnt their for checking the cold store.

Then streamline the way you work. You MUST find time to check the coldstore - if your colleagues are doing their job properly, the coldstore should be date organised anyway.

I'm sure you use red rollers in supermarkets too? You should only need to check the red rollers
Your making it sound easy. Our store has always operated in this way, the coldstore is not checked.

Original post by bubelah
Then streamline the way you work. You MUST find time to check the coldstore - if your colleagues are doing their job properly, the coldstore should be date organised anyway.

I'm sure you use red rollers in supermarkets too? You should only need to check the red rollers

Latest

Trending

Trending