The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCC or CCW for fda?

I am applying for my 1st year of foundation.

I just came back from the LCC open day and I was really surprised with the amount of high quality work produced, their interior design work is really good and the facility is much better than CCW. Yesterday I was confident that CCW was my choice, because it is closer to me and they are a well known college , however after the going to the LCC open day it made me think twice about my choice. I was thinking about CSM, however I heard that it can be quite competitive and it can be quite lonely, it is also too far for me to travel; so CSM is out of the question.

I was wondering if any current/past fda students can help me answer these questions.

1. Which college has a better reputation for interior design?

2. Is there a major difference in the interior design course between the two colleges.

Sorry if I'm a bit wordy or sound annoying, but the rule of only choosing one UAL college kinda annoys me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Looks like no one replied, Oh well. Anyway I've applied for CCW, I went to the CSM open day and I was not comfortable with the surroundings; the building was too gloomy for me, I felt LCC courses are too focus on one course and not focused on pathways like CCW or CSM.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
CSM is great for fashion on their foundation, but not sure if they do interior design? CCW I'm sure will be just as good as both are UAL.
Reply 3
Original post by rodarte_girl

Original post by rodarte_girl
CSM is great for fashion on their foundation, but not sure if they do interior design? CCW I'm sure will be just as good as both are UAL.

Yeah, I kinda found that out on the open day, it was just like a fashion school; everyone dressed as if they were on the runway. I know they do an Architectural and Interior design course, but the problem was mainly the whole building, it looked to much like a factory. However I think I will consider them in the future, especially the BA course; as it is based in the new campus (Kings Cross)

rodarte_girl are you a UAL student?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
anyone whos applied to do lcc foundation art and design have their date for interview yet? im stresssing haha
Reply 5
Original post by clyona1

Original post by clyona1
anyone whos applied to do lcc foundation art and design have their date for interview yet? im stresssing haha

I'm not sure about LCC, but I got a Letter from CCW telling me about my portfolio day in February, this was before Christmas, I think maybe you should call LCC
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
LCC foundation is closing - do not go there - chelsea is much better
Reply 7
Original post by kibera
LCC foundation is closing - do not go there - chelsea is much better

Chelsea currently doesn't have foundation, they merged with Camberwell and Wimbledon to create CCW.

Why is LCC foundation closing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending