The Student Room Group

graphic design at chelsea ual?

hi! i’ve just sent my uni applications in for graphic design at CSM and Chelsea - just wondering if anyone has any input as to which course is better or if i should switch one of these options to LCC? thanks !!
Hello @feebswebber

Congratulations on sending in your applications for Graphic Design at CSM and Chelsea!
I'd love to know if you're going in for an undergraduate or postgraduate course?

Both your choices are fantastic, and it's great that you're considering your options. Here's a perspective that might help:
Choosing between CSM, Chelsea, and LCC ultimately depends on your personal preferences and what you're looking for in a program.

Central Saint Martins (CSM): Known for its avant-garde and innovative approach to design, CSM is often seen as a hub for creativity. The faculty is renowned, and you'll likely be exposed to a diverse range of design philosophies. If you thrive in an environment that encourages pushing the boundaries of design, CSM could be a great fit.

Chelsea College of Arts: Chelsea has its unique strengths, too. It's known for fostering a collaborative and experimental atmosphere. If you're interested in a program that encourages interdisciplinary collaborations and a more intimate learning setting, Chelsea might be the right choice.

London College of Communication: LCC has its own charm, with a focus on communication design. If you're particularly interested in the intersection of graphic design with communication strategies, branding, and media, LCC could provide a specialized and comprehensive approach to your studies.

I would highly recommend looking at the projects from these colleges on the graduate showcase pages:

LCC_Graduate_Work
Chelsea_Graduate_Work
CSM_Graduate_Work

When deciding, consider factors like the teaching style, the curriculum, any specific facilities or resources each campus offers, and the overall vibe you get from each institution. It might be beneficial to attend open days or connect with current students to get a feel for the culture of each program.

Ultimately, there's no one-size-fits-all answer, so trust your instincts and choose the one that aligns most closely with your goals and the type of design education you're seeking. Best of luck with your decision, and I hope your graphic design journey is everything you envision! 😊

I hope this helped. Please do reach out with any more questions.

Best,
Teju
UAL Ambassador
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest