The Student Room Group

What do people do in their spare time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Blackshadow
TSR :nothing:

Lately...the same. :frown: I've got other hobbies that I only do once a week or once every few weeks, but I'm otherwise seriously bored when I'm not doing these things.
Reply 21
All my time that is not spent at college is spent doing: homework, reading, practising piano, more reading, TSR, more homework, sports, learning more languages on the side :teehee:
I work on saturdays and go to church on Sundays. I read everything in my house. I EAT everything in my house (jokes but college is making me eat more... -__- ) I knit sometimes, I play the flute sometimes. I sing in the choir at college and play in a wind band outside of college... Sometimes I see friends. I'm actually pretty boring :smile:
Reply 23
I always use my spare time concentrating on how I can make more money.
Reply 24
sex drugs and rock n roll.
Reply 25
I'm in the same situation, I used to be a competitive figure skater and I trained every day on and off ice. Spare time was kinda a foreign concept, now though I'm so lost without it I just eat so much, work a lot and go out running. I'm thinking about a gym membership :smile:
Reply 26
watch tv, read books, go out drinking.
I read, or I bake something lovely
Just realised I have the social activities of an old age pensioner
Reply 28
Watching tv, online forums, researching one of my obsessions, taking online tests, reading, making random graphs on Excel, writing and making random things.

So basically non-social things.
Reply 29
There is no such thing as 'spare time' for me :sigh:
There is always something to do.
cook
clean
yoga
study (does that count, haha)
read
social networks
movies
music
etc
Reply 31
It depends what mood I'm in.

Usually reading, studying, I might go for a walk or browsing on the internet (i.e. TSR).
Reply 32
Of an evening, I tend to chill (internet, music, telly).

At weekends, Im out on duty or sleep in, go for a drive (and a walk if the weathers okay) and try not to think about work :P

If I have a few days off, I like taking trips out or travelling, went up to Scotland at the end of summer (not exactly the Spanish coast, but was still nice :smile:).
Reply 33
My mum keeps saying to me "Join evening classes, join clubs". It's pretty obvious from TSR that no one here does anything like that, regardless of whether they're in full education or not!
Reply 34
Browse the internet, or more lately, draw stuff on solidworks
Well, this weekend I've been mostly sleeping and listening to musicals. But it depends, really. I'm a terrible one for picking up hobbies and dropping them. I keep myself just busy enough to stop myself getting bored, but not so busy that I'm overwhelmed. There always seems to be time to procrastinate on facebook and TSR. :lol:

I mostly watch films, listen to music or read. Or stress out because I'm not studying when I should be. :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sammy-lou
I read, or I bake something lovely
Just realised I have the social activities of an old age pensioner

We're the clever ones. The pensioners took all that time to work out what the best activities are we already know :P
A lot of the time you might be feeling down because you don't get up to much. It's a cycle. Feel down, don't go out. Don't go out, feel down.

In my spare time I play music, collect records (going out around town with a friend, couple of beers, go to a couple charity shops), I cycle, play xbox with my mates from back home, read a lot, hang out with the mrs, cook! (got nothing to do, don't sit around eating supernoodles and having a ****. cook something delicious and share it with someone)..

Recently I started playing football again and took up fly-fishing too. Going to take up some kind of self-defense in the new year as well.

The opportunities are going to be there for you at university, but they're the same opportunities that have always been there. it's upto you to take advantage of them, the football team aren't gonna come round and drag your ass out of bed everyday and you won't just wake up one morning with a pretty little thing lips wrapped round your wang. You gotta get motivated pal.
make sweet loveeeeeeeeeeee
Original post by curtis871
We're the clever ones. The pensioners took all that time to work out what the best activities are we already know :P

that's a nice way to look at it. I'll go with that :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending