The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Official Aberystwyth University freshers 2023 chat

Hello and welcome to all the Aberystwyth University Freshers of 2023! :hello:

You made it through your exams, results day has been and gone, and now you finally know where you’ll be headed in just a few weeks! :thumbsup:

This is a place where you can introduce yourself, meet other students who’ll be joining you at university, and make a few friends even before you arrive! :yeah:

So to kick off, why not introduce yourself with:
What course you’ll be studying
What you like doing in your spare time
What you’re most looking forward to about studying at Aberystwyth University

Only share as much information as you wish.
In this forum, you can post anonymously if you tick the box at the bottom. :smile:

Finally, a few useful threads you might want to take a look at to help you prepare:
Remember to update your student finance application - The Student Room

Good luck everyone and a massive WELL DONE for everything you have achieved!
Reply 1
Hi, I will be studying Astrophysics at Aber in September. In my free time I enjoy crocheting. I am looking forward to meeting everyone when the time comes :smile:.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Hey, I'll be studying Computer Science in September! My spare time usually consists of playing video games but going out when possible, whether that be walks with friends or the cinema. Spring me a message if youre doing comp sci or just want to chat!
(edited 8 months ago)
hey all! i'll be coming to aber in september to study sociology :smile:
i love music, video games, films, performing arts and nature!
i'm most looking forward to exploring the town, campus and surrounding area, it looks breathtakingly beautiful.
super excited to meet everyone!!
Reply 4
hi im gona study data science. i like muay thai and bass guitar and aber just looks so cute
Reply 5
Helloo, I'm going to be studying Compsci in September! I usually spend my free time drawing, and I'm looking forward to so much, namely meeting new people and experiencing life in Aberystwyth!
Reply 6
Original post by bananaman2
Helloo, I'm going to be studying Compsci in September! I usually spend my free time drawing, and I'm looking forward to so much, namely meeting new people and experiencing life in Aberystwyth!

Hey! Im doin Comp Sci too, i used to draw all the way up until a couple years ago, do you wanna chat? im trying to find new people before it all starts!
Reply 7
Original post by LeviLM
Hey! Im doin Comp Sci too, i used to draw all the way up until a couple years ago, do you wanna chat? im trying to find new people before it all starts!

That's cool! I'm up for a chat. I've been lurking since I've made this account, but it seems I'll only need to post twice to unlock PMs here, so I can see you there if they open...Unless you'd prefer to talk on Discord or something like that?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 8
Hey, I’m Liam, and I’ll be studying business finance in september. Jiu jitsu, boxing, and all kinds of social events with friends are my favourite ways to spend my free time. I look forward to living in a beautiful town and meeting new people!:beer:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by bananaman2
That's cool! I'm up for a chat. I've been lurking since I've made this account, but it seems I'll only need to post twice to unlock PMs here, so I can see you there if they open...Unless you'd prefer to talk on Discord or something like that?

I did send over a PM on here but discord would probs be much better, - levi.05 is the user
Original post by LeviLM
I did send over a PM on here but discord would probs be much better, - levi.05 is the user

Alright I sent over a friend request, I'm superpealout on discord btw
Reply 11
Hiya! I'll be studying Fine Art and English Literature, and in my free time I enjoy reading, cooking, and video games :smile: I'm really looking forward to Aber, I've heard such good things from people who have gone before and I'm excited to start meeting new people who share similar interests!!
Please feel free to reach out if you're doing similar/the same courses x
Original post by LeviLM

Would it be fine if I joined too, I’m also studying comp sci. Discord: ._rl
Yo, I’ll be doing photography/film and to studies this Sep and I’m an international student. I actually haven’t been to Wales before and I’m really excited!

Quick Reply

Latest