The Student Room Group

What do people do in their spare time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I play bass and read, try to perfect some of my skills.
I like a bit of engineering and I like a bit of science so I tend to read around those subjects. Along with biographys of musicians/ criminals.
I've also tried my hand in russian literature.

And the obligatory facebook/ telly. I'd like to spend more days in the pub reading the paper but I can't afford to :tongue:
Reply 81
browsing forums :smile:
Reply 82
A technical hobby of minr I love is FPV (search it on youtube) this can take up as much of your time as you want. I could spend months (if not years on one project) but its also an expensive hobby. I also used to skateboard a lot before uni so I try to do this when I want to get a lot of exercise or go out for once. I also enjoy photography sometimes I out with my cousin who is also interested in photography too and just go to any random place in london and try to take something good enough to put in my portfolio. This is a great way to just explore. I also like watching a decent movie that isn’t full of 3D special effects and actually focuses’ on a good narrative for once :smile: Oh and any online games on the steam network.
I've been meaning to take up a proper hobby for ages now but I can never find the right time.

I like making cakes, watching movies and TV, reading and surfing the net.
when not studying: Referee football, cycling (cycle just over 100 miles a week), Kayaking (currently working towards my kayak instructor qualification) and an adult volunteer with the Royal Marines Cadets which includes teaching Map Reading, Fieldcraft, First Aid, Marine Engineering and RM History.

Keep myself busy :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I usually update my website, go out on my bike, eat tasty snacks, sleep or read one of my textbooks.

I used to bother with "interesting" activities, but now I'm less bothered about everything, including being interesting to people, so I just do what I want

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending