The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cmoore094
Personal Savings of around £7500, my grandad always taught me to save my money so every christmas and birthday I just put money in the bank. I'm currently 17.. Some of the money came from inheritance and some came from my job :-)

Seriously though, £1500 is good, way more than any of my mates who are your age who don't have a penny to their name. Best of luck in finding a job though, try football clubs, they seem to have a job going every week - thats how I got mine :smile:

Congratulations on your savings, and thanks very much :smile: What do you work as at the football club? is it as a steward, or something else?
Reply 501
Around 6000 quids, sign on money from my scholarship( 4200 ) + 1600 salary and a bit of leftovers.
Original post by Lauren Pen
Erm why don't you try like tutoring?

I'm considering it, but I shall wait to hear back from these job applications, as I posted another one off today. Fingers crossed.

How are things with you anyways?
Reply 503
£9000 in a fixed rate bond and £3000 in a cash ISA.
Around £2000 of all that is from my work but some of my relatives died recently...:frown:
But £1500 is good!
Down to 830 pounds in my savings account, unfortunately...looking forward to next month's pay...
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
Congratulations on your savings, and thanks very much :smile: What do you work as at the football club? is it as a steward, or something else?

Thankyou :-) Its kinda like a porter/waitress sort of thing, people tend to just quit every week but its not bad pay at all so i'd give it a go :smile:
I'm considering it, but I shall wait to hear back from these job applications, as I posted another one off today. Fingers crossed.

How are things with you anyways?

Good luck :biggrin:
And eh. I give up :P So much going on with education, so maybe I'll try again later :smile:
in my current account ... about £300.
in the grandparents trust fund about £20k .. happy days XD
Original post by cl_steele
in my current account ... about £300.
in the grandparents trust fund about £20k .. happy days XD

Very nice my friend, well done to you.
Very nice my friend, well done to you.

Lol well done on the trust fund? Because that is such hard work..
Reply 510
About £2500 now, and its all mine. No loans, etc at all
-£528
Reply 512
Not a lot since i booked this summers holidays...!
about £4000 personal savings (was planning on going to Sharm el Sheikh which is why i saved but decided against it because of the current situation) and £800 in my business account (tax man hit me hard :frown:)

Having any money saved at 21 is pretty good tbh, would say you are definitely doing better than most
(edited 12 years ago)
-£1200 in my current account, oops! Have a bursary coming in soon though, luckily! Have about £300 in my rainy day account and don't know about savings because my parents control all that stuff so I can't waste it all on shiny, pretty things.
Reply 515
£0.42
No idea why I got negged for having a bit of an overdraft :/
Original post by laureng492
No idea why I got negged for having a bit of an overdraft :/

Don't worry about it, I've been negged a few times on this thread just for saying that I'm working hard to save up money for uni.
Reply 518
Don't worry about it, I've been negged a few times on this thread just for saying that I'm working hard to save up money for uni.

Pos+ rep from me (; keep it up!

It was probably the same person.

Latest

Trending

Trending