The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 3 Thread - Thurs Jan 26th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know where to get the june 2011 paper and mark scheme? I've seen the questions and they looked AWFUL. I just want to look at the mark scheme to see whether they were really as bad as they seemed.
Reply 181
Original post by imsosuperman
what is a profit centre?! help! :tongue:

It's where local branches have delegation and responsibility of their own targets. It's good because it can help increase motivation as each employee strive to meet their targets, however it could result in competition between markets which obviously isn't something they want.
Original post by SBradford
It's where local branches have delegation and responsibility of their own targets. It's good because it can help increase motivation as each employee strive to meet their targets, however it could result in competition between markets which obviously isn't something they want.

thankyou! i hope this doesnt come up haha
Yeah but I think when it goes into a calculation the negative is ignored? Or at least the division ones

Original post by destruction
The negative plays no part in ratios

aaah thanks :smile:

Ain't it internal competition, not markets
Reply 185
Ain't it internal competition, not markets

yeah sorry no idea why i put that :L
dw :smile:
When calculating ARR:

1. Work out the net profit of the project.
2. Subtract the initial investment.
3. Divide by the number of years.
4. Divide by the initial investment and multiply by 100.

Is that right?
1 and 2 is kinda the same step since you worked out net profit already so you should remove step number 2 but the rest is fine
You see with NPV will they give us the discount factor? and lay it out in the table?
1 and 2 is kinda the same step since you worked out net profit already so you should remove step number 2 but the rest is fine

Cheers. AQA made a mistake in the course companion then. They didnt subtract the intial investment, hence by the ARR was 54%. A lot higher then average.

Thats why I wrote step 1 and 2.
You see with NPV will they give us the discount factor? and lay it out in the table?

I think so yeah. And if they give us more than one discount factor, we have to use the one which is closed to the interest rate at the time.
Reply 192
NPV and payback come up in June 11, can we basically be guaranteed that we're going to get AVR?
or maybe AVR and payback?
You work out the total Cumulative Inflow- Initial investment= (Profit / Number of Years)/ Initial investment x100
I would think it be harsh if it came up but you never know :smile:
Reply 195
June 2011 Q's:
1) Analyse 2 reasons why they have a decentralised structure
2) NPV and Payback
3) Is a large marketing budget needed to achieve its marketing objectives
4) For and against the new strategy
NPV and payback come up in June 11, can we basically be guaranteed that we're going to get AVR?
or maybe AVR and payback?

You might still have to calculate it for the bigger questions to analyse a particular strategy, so i would go over it
Original post by Beresford George
Cheers. AQA made a mistake in the course companion then. They didnt subtract the intial investment, hence by the ARR was 54%. A lot higher then average.

Thats why I wrote step 1 and 2.

that's still right though.. in doing past paper questions i've had to do both methods.. sometimes you do need to subtract the initial investment (sometimes!)
Reply 198
What sort of points would you include in the evaluation for the 34 mark question?
Original post by wasuuuuuuuuuuuppp
that's still right though.. in doing past paper questions i've had to do both methods.. sometimes you do need to subtract the initial investment (sometimes!)

Why do you sometimes not subtract the initial investment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending