The Student Room Group

NEXT Employee Official Thread .................. *for those already employed by NEXT.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by DaBowes
How does changing temporary availability work? Can I remove myself from a single Saturday, for instance, even though my contract is Tuesday's and Saturday's? Really need the day off but my holiday request was declined :frown:

Better late than never. Unfortunately temporary availability doesn't quite work like that: as far as I know it's used when you know you're free on X days for the next few weeks and would be willing to work any extra hours available. As Saturday is your contract and you were declined holiday, unless you can get someone to cover your shift (by offering it on the marketplace) you have to work it (bar authorised absence).
How long should I wait to call if I haven't been emailed my payroll number or any information to log into NEP? Had my induction on Thursday and was told I'd be emailed yesterday. Two people already had their payroll and shifts emailed to them but me and one other had not. My first shift isn't for another 2 and a half weeks and I'd like to pick up some shifts earlier from the marketplace (they encouraged us to do this) but I can't without access. So should I call tomorrow or is this a normal amount of time to wait?
Reply 82
I've logged into NEP and already had my first shift etc... but whenever I go to next learning portal it tells me to log in using my payroll number however I don't know what password to use?
Reply 83
I have the same problem. I already logged into NEP, got my shifts and everything, yet I can't figure out how to log into the learning portal. I've tried using my NEP password (with my payroll number), but that doesn't work. If someone knows how to fix the problem, please let us know :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by JGray55
I've logged into NEP and already had my first shift etc... but whenever I go to next learning portal it tells me to log in using my payroll number however I don't know what password to use?

Have you tried your NEP password
I tried doing this and it says it wrong does that mean that i haven't been signed up for it?
Reply 86
Hi, I know this thread is like a year old now and I'm not sure if people still check and read this but I have a question about payday for temps?I just finished my contract as a temp and on my starter letter it told me that my payday would be weekly on a friday but I haven't been paid yet. Looking at the NEP it shows that payday is on this coming 25th of august, but I'm assuming thats for full time workers or is that for me too?
Original post by josh2231
Hi, I know this thread is like a year old now and I'm not sure if people still check and read this but I have a question about payday for temps?I just finished my contract as a temp and on my starter letter it told me that my payday would be weekly on a friday but I haven't been paid yet. Looking at the NEP it shows that payday is on this coming 25th of august, but I'm assuming thats for full time workers or is that for me too?

Mine says the same and I'm currently a sale temp, I think that is our pay day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
well that's along way away
well that's along way away

I thought that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
On my rota for one of my shifts its highlighted part absence beside it what does this mean I haven't requested time off????
Reply 91
Original post by aine_atchison
On my rota for one of my shifts its highlighted part absence beside it what does this mean I haven't requested time off????

that showed up on the day i had my induction since i we finished and left early.

Did you clock out too early? Theres a 2 minute leeway in clocking out that determines if you get 15 minutes taken off your total hours of work you did that day
how do you log onto the learning portal from home ? what is the password ? has anyone logged successfully onto the learning portal ?
Reply 93
Original post by Craig598
how do you log onto the learning portal from home ? what is the password ? has anyone logged successfully onto the learning portal ?

The username is your payroll number, and the password should be on the Starter letter you get when you're at your induction, if you haven't been to your induction yet you should still be able to get the password from an email they send you, read carefully any email they send you, its usually in the big paragraphs.
Reply 94
Original post by fxlloutboyy
I thought that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

update: they do pay you weekly if you are a temp, got paid yesterday :biggrin:
Attachment not found
The username is your payroll number, and the password should be on the Starter letter you get when you're at your induction, if you haven't been to your induction yet you should still be able to get the password from an email they send you, read carefully any email they send you, its usually in the big paragraphs.

i checked all my emails from next and i cant find a password for the learning portal at all. I know my username which is my payroll number and i regularly use the employee portal. i didn't get a starter letter this time for summer sale temp. as i previously worked as an xmas temp.

- if you have any other ideas how to access the learning portal they would be much appreciated.

- how long have you been working for next?
(edited 6 years ago)
update: they do pay you weekly if you are a temp, got paid yesterday :biggrin:

Yeah I did too,only noticed today as I wasn't expecting it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by Craig598
Attachment not found

i checked all my emails from next and i cant find a password for the learning portal at all. I know my username which is my payroll number and i regularly use the employee portal. i didn't get a starter letter this time for summer sale temp. as i previously worked as an xmas temp.

- if you have any other ideas how to access the learning portal they would be much appreciated.

- how long have you been working for next?

I couldn't get onto the training area so one of the coordinators had to set it up for me. Best to speak to someone. There is a password within your NEP account. If you log in and click say Account Settings, it'll open a screen that has tabs at the top, click 'My Employment' then a drop down opens, click 'Getting Started' On page 23 of the download book you'll find a password. Hope this helps. It didn't work for me so I got help at work to action it. I've been there 3 weeks. x
Reply 98

I've been a Temp for 3 weeks and I've been paid weekly. Make sure you check your tax codes as everyone is entitled to a relief of so much. 😊
Hi i know thus thread is old but...

Just had my first shifts show up on NEP. But i want to give one of my contracted shifts away, as i really need it off. But there's no option to do that on NEP??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending