The Student Room Group

work holiday

Hi
Does anybody knows if i can take unpaid holidays in end of december and starting of january in tesco because i want to go for a family function and dont want to leave my job because i need to pay my next year tution fees.
Thanku
please let me know if anybody knows
Reply 1
Original post by amrud
Hi
Does anybody knows if i can take unpaid holidays in end of december and starting of january in tesco because i want to go for a family function and dont want to leave my job because i need to pay my next year tution fees.
Thanku
please let me know if anybody knows

If you are currently a permanent full time employee with Tesco then you should be able to ask your manager for unpaid time off for those days but do it asap. It might be rejected because they expect everyone to be available for this busy period okay.

Now if you are currently on a( new employee) temporary Christmas staff with Tesco then you will probably not be able to get time off because they employ temporary Christmas staff to assist cover for the permanent staff who will be wanting few days off over the festive period. Plus it might affect your probation period and chances of being offered a permanent job at the end of temporary contract.

Only thing that you can do is put it in writing requesting xx days off and you want to take it unpaid ( you can use any available holidays you may have as well to soften the unpaid time) do it as soon as possible so that they can decide whether they will grant you it off.

Team leader and stand in supervisor as required with Tesco.
Reply 2
Hi
thank you so much for the reply. i'm a permanent staff but as a flexi contract. will i still be able to get those unpaid holidays?
Reply 3
Original post by amrud
Hi
thank you so much for the reply. i'm a permanent staff but as a flexi contract. will i still be able to get those unpaid holidays?

Hi

No worries about replying to you 😊

Okay so you are permanent staff so therefore you would be still entitled to apply for unpaid leave but just remember that the final decision is your immediate store manager on whether they sanction it for you.

You'll have to make sure you get it into your manager asap to allow time for a decision...... keep a copy of any correspondence you give to your manager for your own records just incase they say they didn't have anything.

What they may try to do is get you to take annual leave if you have any still available if they decide to say yes to giving you time of because do you really want to lose money........

Also just Bear in mind that you haven't got those holidays off until you receive notification back from your manager as you need to make sure you get them off before taking them...

Quick Reply

Latest