The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Are you two applying for accom or staying at home?

I'm applying for accommodation but I won't be applying until the end of next week, after I have my module results. I live in Manchester so it'd be quite a trek each day if I was living at home :tongue: How about you?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by ms93
Ohh dear, have you had an experience with this company?
And would you know of any other private student accommodation companies then?

Not personally; a few friends were in UNITE flats (and I visited them almost daily).

My main point is that the self-proclaimed 'student accommodation companies' are usually a pretty awful deal for the money. :smile: London, though, does have quite a few long-established student halls dating back to the days of the Empire. Those might be something worth looking into in addition to flats and such.
Reply 222
I got a conditional offer for Pharmacy at Kings!
CAN'T WAIT FOR FRESHERS!

Anyone know how freshers at King's compares to other universities?
I'm either firming Kings or Aston...
Reply 223
Original post by AM182
Does anyone know if you can defer your entry at this time if your holding an offer?

I got an offer from Kings that was deferred and I changed it to this year instead, like yesterday.
So if you email them i'm sure it can be done!
Reply 224
Original post by ScholarsInk
Not personally; a few friends were in UNITE flats (and I visited them almost daily).

My main point is that the self-proclaimed 'student accommodation companies' are usually a pretty awful deal for the money. :smile: London, though, does have quite a few long-established student halls dating back to the days of the Empire. Those might be something worth looking into in addition to flats and such.

Ooooh right, thanks for that :smile: I've been looking all over the internet and haven't managed to find reviews for the London ones, so thanks :smile:
Reply 225
Hey guys. I'm an international student and I would like to do a bachalor ( BSc Business and management ) at KCL. But I would also like to know which university between Warwick, LSE, Kings, Exeter or Leicester should be taken to be able to apply for an MBA in London Business School.
Voilà.
Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by Olive12
How do you book post-offer open days? Do they come up on the myApplication site?

On the left side column after selecting your offer.
Original post by music3210
Firming King's for Lawwww :smile: Oh yes

me too :smile:
Original post by Olive12
Yeah, I've been looking at UNITE too! They seem pretty good :smile: I just really don't want to have to live at home haha...

My friend is staying in a UNITE flat at the moment and I've stayed over a few times, it's pretty nice.

I swear there are so many KCL students that are left without accommodation... we should all band together and take over a private hall lol
Reply 229
Original post by ZBasit
I got a conditional offer for Pharmacy at Kings!
CAN'T WAIT FOR FRESHERS!

Anyone know how freshers at King's compares to other universities?
I'm either firming Kings or Aston...

I've heard that King's have a freshers' fortnight instead of a freshers' week :colone:
Original post by Olive12
I've heard that King's have a freshers' fortnight instead of a freshers' week :colone:

:party2::party::party2: OH yes!!
Reply 231
Original post by K.H
Hi guys I firmed Kings for Pharmacy back in december, I've got a post offer open day on the 17th of March ( Saturday ). Anyone else going to that one ? I'm coming from just outside the M25 from Berkshire, will go through waterloo and take the tube. Anyone ? :smile:

I'm going on that day :smile: going from Woking :smile:
Reply 232
Original post by Olive12

this better be true! :colone::colone::colone::colone:
Original post by lp94
I'm applying for accommodation but I won't be applying until the end of next week, after I have my module results. I live in Manchester so it'd be quite a trek each day if I was living at home :tongue: How about you?

Haha, yeah that would be a trek! I am not applying for accommodation as I don't think I'll have a chance of getting it. :frown:
Reply 234
My mum (not so much my dad) keeps saying that if I don't get accommodation, it's pointless me living away from home.

But I don't want to live at home, it just won't be the same!

What can I say to try to convince her to let me rent privately?! Haha :frown:
Original post by Olive12

really?! :eek:
Reply 236
Original post by SimpleGirl
really?! :eek:

My offer letter seems to suggest it's a week; induction from the 17th, classes start on the 24th.

That's not to say it doesn't informally last for 2 weeks :dontknow:
One week is good enough for me, I'm not a huge party rocker anyway. :biggrin:
Anyone having problems with accommodation because they live in the M25 ring circle? :s-smilie:
Reply 239
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Haha, yeah that would be a trek! I am not applying for accommodation as I don't think I'll have a chance of getting it. :frown:

Why not?

Quick Reply

Latest