King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Anyone excited for freshers week? :biggrin:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 281
I think this might have been mentioned already, but a quick search didn't turn up anything.

Has anybody had any problems with the accommodation application page? I filled out all of my choices about 4 hours ago, and hit next, and it's still processing it now. Every time I hit next, I get a popup telling me that it's still processing. Is this normal?
http://www.facebook.com/groups/295218140546944/members/

International Relations and Politics of the International Economy offer holders group :smile:
Reply 283
Original post by yasmyne
I am! See you there :smile:

good to know someone's going lol, I wanted to go to the one on the 11th but it was booked up. What course have you applied for??
Reply 284
Original post by bputland
anyone excited for freshers week? :d

yes!

:d
Original post by Bputland
Anyone excited for freshers week? :biggrin:

Even more now that I went to the Post offer day on Wednesday!
Was anyone else there?
Reply 286
Original post by AM182
good to know someone's going lol, I wanted to go to the one on the 11th but it was booked up. What course have you applied for??

Ah same, it's aaages away! Politics of the International Economy :smile: what about you?
Reply 287
Who's going to the King's Live event? :biggrin:
Reply 288
Original post by yasmyne
Ah same, it's aaages away! Politics of the International Economy :smile: what about you?

Yh exactly! especially that I haven't actually properly visited the university yet. I got an offer for Politics of the International Economy even though I applied for International Politics, but after looking at the course outline I've tried to slowly convince myself that the course isn't too different haha
Reply 289
Original post by Olive12
Who's going to the King's Live event? :biggrin:

Meee :biggrin:
Reply 290
Original post by AM182
Yh exactly! especially that I haven't actually properly visited the university yet. I got an offer for Politics of the International Economy even though I applied for International Politics, but after looking at the course outline I've tried to slowly convince myself that the course isn't too different haha

Exactly the same with me! I'm really looking forward to it, I just think King's is too good an opportunity to miss out on so I'm pretty certain I'll firm it :smile:
I went through the course structures with my head of sixth form and he said they're extremely similar, I think we'll be fiiiine! :smile:
Reply 291
Original post by Beckiix
Meee :biggrin:

wooo see you there! :biggrin:
Original post by lp94
Okay, thanks. Stamford Street is nearest to Strand and I actually liked it better so I've chosen that one. Any idea how likely you are to be allocated one of your top five accommodation choices?

Depends on how far away from campus you are. If you live within the M25 then chances of getting accommodation for freshers are very slim, though you will most likely still be able to get your top 5 if you reapply later on. Otherwise, you are quite likely to get your top 5 choices, even though stamford street/GDS are both very popular.

If anyone has any questions about freshers, or the medical course at kings then let me know, I'll try to help :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 293
Original post by coconut2456
Depends on how far away from campus you are. If you live within the M25 then chances of getting accommodation for freshers are very slim, though you will most likely still be able to get your top 5 if you reapply later on. Otherwise, you are quite likely to get your top 5 choices, even though stamford street/GDS are both very popular.

If anyone has any questions about freshers, or the medical course at kings then let me know, I'll try to help :biggrin:

I live in Manchester, so hopefully I'll get accommodation!
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many new undergraduates King's admits each year?
Reply 294
Original post by lp94
I live in Manchester, so hopefully I'll get accommodation!
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many new undergraduates King's admits each year?

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/aboutkings/facts/ida/stats/Headcountsummary2011-12.pdf

Their intake last year was 5271. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 295
offer holder for CS with Management :smile:
Reply 296
Finally made King's my firm choice!
Reply 297
Original post by AceS4
offer holder for CS with Management :smile:

same!
Reply 298
*Watches thread.