The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninam
Apparently there is a lot of demand for Stamford Street so that might be a little risky... I visited and i didn't like it at all, but that's just me :smile:

I didn't like it either, way to claustrophobic, but that and Brian creamer are the closest.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 401
Original post by lp94
Hi! I think I've spoken to you before on here. Did you apply to Newnham College, Cambridge too?
I'm going to firm King's next week, after my module results, and am doing English Lang and Lit.
I didn't think King's did a straight Lit course?

Hi guys, I realise you posted this ages ago but I've just firmed this course too :smile:! which accommodation have you applied to?
Original post by Anna Louise
Me too it turns out I don't really like the stamford street apartments (I went on a post offer day yesterday and we got shown those ones as part of the accommodation tour)! I think I'm probably going to put hampstead heath and brian creamer as my first two choices now.

Oh really! Cause I was probably thinking of putting the stamford street apartments as my first choice. How come you didn´t like it?
How about the intercollegiate accoms? Do you know how they are compared to the Kings rescidences?:smile:
Original post by rainbowedskies
international and firming kcl to study law! which accommodation are you thinking of picking? :smile:

Oh good! I firmed my offer today. I am not sure where to apply yet, I find it very difficult to decide! Hopefully some place close to the Strand:smile: What about you? And may I ask where you are from?:smile:
I'm yet to sort out my accommodation for september! :frown: i really want en suite but by the sounds of it they aren't that nice? does anyone know what the nicest ones are? that have the nicest general comfortable feel about them? I can't stand a claustrophobic room haha!
Reply 405
Original post by premzkidd
Anyone taking PIE here? I firmed it a few weeks back :smile:

I am :smile: haven't firmed yet, I'm going to the post-offer day next week. Have you decided what accomodation you're going to apply for yet?
Reply 406
Original post by katttp123
Hi guys, I realise you posted this ages ago but I've just firmed this course too :smile:! which accommodation have you applied to?

Oh, hi! :wavey: I put my top five as Stamford Street, Great Dover Street, College Hall (an intercollegiate hall), Moonraker Point and International Hall (another intercollegiate). Quite a mix, I guess. My main priority is an ensuite room, so the first four are the only ensuite ones available. Have you applied / where are you applying?
I just got an accommodation acknowledgment email from King's. Not sure if it is an actual confirmation though....
Reply 408
Original post by Sailingslipelick
I just got an accommodation acknowledgment email from King's. Not sure if it is an actual confirmation though....

Snap :smile:
Reply 409
Ok so I've finally decided to firm freshers and ARRRGH now I need to choose accommodation!

I live in Epping, which while in zone six, is outside the m25 (just!) so I think I'm going to get a place...

Time to start researching T-T
Original post by gtfo
Snap :smile:

me too :smile:
just firmed for History :biggrin:
Reply 412
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
just firmed for History :biggrin:

I just firmed too :biggrin: So excited.

Btw, UCAS don't email you straight after you've submitted your decision right?
Reply 413
Original post by katttp123

Oh, hi! :wavey: I've basically applied to all the ones with ensuite bathrooms (including intercollegiate halls) as that's my main priority. I'm hoping to be allocated Stamford St because it's relatively close to Strand but I'm not hearing great things about the rooms. How about you?
Reply 414
Original post by maxcartwright
I didn't like it either, way to claustrophobic, but that and Brian creamer are the closest.

i applied for intercollegiate halls ..
hey has anyone else put wolfson as their first choice for accomodation?? :smile:
Hey I wanted to go with great dover street or stamford (ensuite + good location) as my first choices but i heard the social scene wasn't that great since you only get to meet people in the same block as you. Has anyone else heard anything similar? At the moment i've got college hall and commonwealth as my first two choices.
Reply 417
Original post by Isometrix
Hey I wanted to go with great dover street or stamford (ensuite + good location) as my first choices but i heard the social scene wasn't that great since you only get to meet people in the same block as you. Has anyone else heard anything similar? At the moment i've got college hall and commonwealth as my first two choices.

I wouldn't worry too much about the social scene at halls; not being a campus uni, your social life at King's won't be as dependent on who you live next to as it might be elsewhere.

Original post by kathrose33
hey has anyone else put wolfson as their first choice for accomodation?? :smile:

Second choice for me :smile:
Original post by oHellno
I just firmed too :biggrin: So excited.

Btw, UCAS don't email you straight after you've submitted your decision right?

Nope they didn't :smile:

Also is anyone else vegetarian here and wondering what the food sitch in intercollegiate halls is like?
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
Nope they didn't :smile:

Also is anyone else vegetarian here and wondering what the food sitch in intercollegiate halls is like?

Dietary restrictions and catered housing tend to not go very well together. Even if the food is good, you'll usually only have one option (and it'll often be something you just don't like but have to have.) Considering that catered is usually more expensive because food costs are included, I think self-catered generally works out to better value/choice.

Quick Reply

Latest