The Student Room Group

further mathematics not Alevels

hey every 1,

wondering if mathematics for technicians and further mathematics for technicians is kind of the same as Alevel maths.

will i be able to get in to uni studying joint computer science and maths

thanks
Reply 1
I googled those two course names - the content looks broadly similar although they don't cover exactly the same content (I think a-level maths has more content involved). Also I can't be certain if the difficulty level is the same as in a-level maths.

But to be certain, if there's a course you're interested in at university where maths/further maths for technicians is not mentioned on their website, you should contact them to see if it would be acceptable to replace maths, and also to find out what score they would want.
Reply 2
Original post by ttoby
I googled those two course names - the content looks broadly similar although they don't cover exactly the same content (I think a-level maths has more content involved). Also I can't be certain if the difficulty level is the same as in a-level maths.

But to be certain, if there's a course you're interested in at university where maths/further maths for technicians is not mentioned on their website, you should contact them to see if it would be acceptable to replace maths, and also to find out what score they would want.

hmmm true true

btw do you think their is a specific course name, or i would actualy look for joint computer and maths?
Reply 3
Original post by zubz91

Original post by zubz91
hmmm true true

btw do you think their is a specific course name, or i would actualy look for joint computer and maths?

Look out for 'maths and computer science', or 'maths with computer science', or the same with the names reversed, or with maths replaced with mathematics.

If you go for a 'with' course then there will be more content relating to the subject mentioned first. If you go for an 'and' course then the two subjects should be balanced evenly.

Quick Reply

Latest