The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Getting a tattoo is stupid.

.... and don't bore me with "pictures speak louder than words"

Seriously, if you have a tattoo, why?

Memories/tributes- I don't agree with that justification
Passion/Interest- oh please :colonhash:

Did your bf/gf make you get one? If so, your stupid.
Because you really like the design? Get real. Buy a picture.
You want something "permanent"? :facepalm2:

An increasing amount of people in my year are getting tattoos and posting them on BB, facebook and just bragging about it. They give me the lols:smile:

Even JB has got one of Jesus :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pink Gravy

An increasing amount of people in my year are getting tattoos and posting them on BB, facebook and just bragging about it. They give me the lols:smile:

Justin Bieber?
Reply 2
If you don't like it, it doesn't mean others should feel the same way.
I don't have anything against anyone getting tattooed unless they get a justin beiber one right on their forehead :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by kirisatha96
Justin Bieber?

Yes.
The annoying child? i bet Gomez tortured him into it.
Reply 5
Point is that people will do with their bodies whatever they like!.I have 2 tatts, only small and easily hidden, but I like them.
Reply 6

I'm getting one soon, mainly because I think it looks pretty. I think it also sums me up quite well so it's a good way of expressing myself, in the same way you do with the rest of your image eg clothes, hair and makeup.
Also consider the idea that some people get tattoos simply because they like them, and they have them for the rest of their lives and are happy with them? It has been known to happen...
i like tattoos. i think its art and a symbol of self-expression. it's not your body, so why are you sweating?
I just simply cant imagine what a terrible impact it must have on your life.
Reply 9
We don't abide by the law of whoever you are. Focus on your own life.

(I don't actually have a tattoo, but I will do as I please.)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Annie72
Point is that people will do with their bodies whatever they like!.I have 2 tatts, only small and easily hidden, but I like them.

The question is why? Forgive me because I'm not trying to make you look bad, but is it a fasion statement? Are you trying to look cool? Just think of the things it gives your skin. Trust me, it aint pretty.
Reply 11

Justin Bieber?

Yes.

I have more respect for people with tattoos than I do for people who are familiar enough with Justin Bieber to call him JB.
Reply 12
That's your opinion and fine, but don't belittle people because you choose not to have them and they don't mean something to you. It's a form of art, just on a body rather than paper and if done well can be amazing
Reply 13
Original post by ckingalt
I have more respect for people with tattoos than I do for people who are familiar enough with Justin Bieber to call him JB.

Oh please? It's his initials, even you recognise it. :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Following this logic: dying your hair, getting piercings, and going out in the sun to get a tan are all stupid too. How about you stop body policing?
Reply 15
The question is why? Forgive me because I'm not trying to make you look bad, but is it a fasion statement? Are you trying to look cool? Just think of the things it gives your skin. Trust me, it aint pretty.

I like them simple as really, nothing to do with fashion or anything.What does it give my skin though...?.I went to the best tattoo parlour in Birmingham, I've never had any trouble with either of mine.
Reply 16
As long as no-ones trying to force you to get one, why should it bother you? I'm not planning on getting one either, but I find the different designs that people get interesting, as well as the reasons that they get them.

I think you're maybe over-thinking it, most people don't think about ways to justify getting a tattoo, they just think it looks cool and go for it
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17

Well that's your experience of tattoos and your opinion. If you don't like tattoos then don't get one, you don't need to whine on about it.

Fortunately people don't need to justify what they do with their own bodies to you.
:smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Damask-
Following this logic: dying your hair, getting piercings, and going out in the sun to get a tan are all stupid too. How about you stop body policing?

Oh ffs! I'm talking about tattoos, don't bring pericings/dying your hair into it.

Forget about the logic and answer the simple question in this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending