The Student Room Group

close + delete pls

Thread has been answered & thanks for your help.

Forum staff ---> Could you please close & delete this thread as I feel it doesn't help me nor anyone else using the search box.
(edited 12 years ago)
As far as I know you can't get it, from a quick search it's just something AQA use in the process of converting raw marks to UMS. See here: http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/UNIFORMMARKS-LEAFLET.PDF

Maybe it has another use I'm not aware of though, but I've never heard of anyone getting a grade N :dontknow:
Original post by mangoh
haha lol

bit confused because when entering grades in UCAS

it says A, B, C, D, E, U, N, Pending

Hmm, so there is, hadn't noticed that. There's also a grade O. No idea if/how you can get either of them though.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Hmm, so there is, hadn't noticed that. There's also a grade O. No idea if/how you can get either of them though.

Back in the day when the A level represented a decent level of achievement (and even Oxbridge candidates attained low grades) you could get an N grade which was essentially Nearly a pass, or an O grade which was equivalent to getting an O level. The UCAS system has to cater for candidates who studied then.
Original post by Good bloke
Back in the day when the A level represented a decent level of achievement (and even Oxbridge candidates attained low grades) you could get an N grade which was essentially Nearly a pass, or an O grade which was equivalent to getting an O level. The UCAS system has to cater for candidates who studied then.

Oooh I see, ta :hat2:
Original post by mangoh
I think I remember reading that you can put 'n' grade if you failed to get a grade because you never did one of the units

can you?

No, of course not. You put the grade that appears on your certificate or provisional results slip. You can't make up grades. I believe the N grade was abolished in 2001, so it seems likely that very few people applying though UCAS this year will be declaring one.
You used to be able to get an N at A-level if you missed the E grade by a small amount. I think it stood for 'Nearly' or something.
it means Noob....
Reply 8
I got an N for one of my physics modules, then it got pushed up to an E :sadnod:
Reply 9
Original post by mangoh
okay no need to be like that :rolleyes:

thanks, understood

hilarious.

what year was that?

I think 2010

Quick Reply

Latest