The Student Room Group

American Applying to LSE

Hello, I'm an American applying to the LSE for economic history and had a couple of questions.

How to I send AP scores to the university?
Right now I'm a freshmen at North Carolina State University, should I send my first semester transcript? I received a C in calculus, but other then that I received very good grades is courses relevant to my subject. Will the C hurt me even though it's not relevant to my subject?

Since it's close to the admission deadline is it ok to email scanned copies of my materials directly to the LSE admission department with my UCAS code?

Do americans have a better chance of getting into the LSE?

Thanks for any help,
Phillip Black
Original post by ilovgoogle

Hello, I'm an American applying to the LSE for economic history and had a couple of questions.

How to I send AP scores to the university?
Right now I'm a freshmen at North Carolina State University, should I send my first semester transcript? I received a C in calculus, but other then that I received very good grades is courses relevant to my subject. Will the C hurt me even though it's not relevant to my subject?

Since it's close to the admission deadline is it ok to email scanned copies of my materials directly to the LSE admission department with my UCAS code?

Do americans have a better chance of getting into the LSE?

Thanks for any help,
Phillip Black

I assume you are applying for an undergraduate degree. If so, you need to apply through UCAS (www.ucas.ac.uk), which is how you send your AP scores (and any other qualifications you may have) to them. If they require proof, they will tell you in what form the proof needs to be.

Arguably non-EU students have a slight advantage in getting in - but only because they pay through the nose and their places aren't funded (and therefore capped) by the government.
Reply 2
I put down on UCAS my AP and college scores, but is there any way to submit any physical proof? Right now I scanned all of my scores and will be attaching them to an email and sending it to LSE admissions with my UCAS scores. DO you think that is fine?
Reply 3
I put down on UCAS my AP and college scores, but is there any way to submit any physical proof? Right now I scanned all of my scores and will be attaching them to an email and sending it to LSE admissions with my UCAS scores. DO you think that is fine?

If they make you an offer it will probably be based on you providing proof of your scores, so you shouldn't need to show proof now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending